A lesbian :smile:
Original post by HopefulSolicitor
Well, Im hereeeee!

A lesbian :smile:

Evening. :hat2: A future solicitor, eh? What put you off the Bar? :p:
Original post by Tortious
Evening. :hat2: A future solicitor, eh? What put you off the Bar? :p:

Hey there, how are you doing? :smile:

Oh, just the flexibility of a solicitor appeals to me more. Also, the fact that barristers are mostly self-employed isnt too appealing to me.
Hey there, how are you doing? :smile:

Oh, just the flexibility of a solicitor appeals to me more. Also, the fact that barristers are mostly self-employed isnt too appealing to me.

Good thanks - the username caught my eye since I'm a lawyer-to-be too. I'm currently on the LPC. :yes:

Fair enough, makes sense. The breadth of solicitors' work is what appealed to me too - that and the fact that solicitor advocates have the same rights of audience as barristers. Any idea what area you'd like to practise in?
Good thanks - the username caught my eye since I'm a lawyer-to-be too. I'm currently on the LPC. :yes:

Fair enough, makes sense. The breadth of solicitors' work is what appealed to me too - that and the fact that solicitor advocates have the same rights of audience as barristers. Any idea what area you'd like to practise in?

Ah l see. I hope to get that far lol, I probably wont make it to graduation once Im at uni.

I always had an interest in criminal, however having done my work experience at a corporate law firm, Im very keen to go into corporate law. What about you?

Completely irrelevant, but YOUR NEW PROFILE PICTURE IS BO. AAAAAH.
Original post by hotchipsandcoco
While that statistic is commonly thought to be true, it is actually more like 1 in 100 people who are openly gay, if you search up the official records.

But yeah hello, I'm homoromantic :biggrin:

From collating all the stats I've witnessed and have had quoted at me, it would appear something like 2-3% of people are gay, but it's likely bigger for bi people - anything from 5% to 10%.
Ah l see. I hope to get that far lol, I probably wont make it to graduation once Im at uni.

I always had an interest in criminal, however having done my work experience at a corporate law firm, Im very keen to go into corporate law. What about you?

Interesting - I've always been more of a land lawyer. :wink: I'll try my hand at anything once though, so I'm not sure where I'll qualify yet.

Original post by paradoxicalme
Completely irrelevant, but YOUR NEW PROFILE PICTURE IS BO. AAAAAH.

You're the first person to know who she is! I didn't realise you were a Lost Girl fan!

*Squees* :crazy:
Interesting - I've always been more of a land lawyer. :wink: I'll try my hand at anything once though, so I'm not sure where I'll qualify yet.

So what uni did you graduate from if I may ask :smile:
So what uni did you graduate from if I may ask :smile:

Cambridge. :smile: It's an interesting place, but you don't get much time to do the touristy stuff!

I think I read earlier you're applying to uni at the moment. :holmes: Whereabouts are you going?
Cambridge. :smile: It's an interesting place, but you don't get much time to do the touristy stuff!

I think I read earlier you're applying to uni at the moment. :holmes: Whereabouts are you going?

I've been to Cambridge uni as a part of a Gifted and Talented group, lovely place and uni!

I am :smile: Im applying to Surrey, Liverpool, Brighton, Essex and Hull.
I've been to Cambridge uni as a part of a Gifted and Talented group, lovely place and uni!

I am :smile: Im applying to Surrey, Liverpool, Brighton, Essex and Hull.

Looking forward to starting? It's pretty different to A Levels (and much harder work!), but I found uni more enjoyable overall. :yy:
I really am, just seems like far too much work, but hopefully I can handle it :smile:
Reply 953
Not enough :tongue:

*I'm a dude*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really am, just seems like far too much work, but hopefully I can handle it :smile:

You'll be fine - you've got plenty of time until then to prepare for the workload. The main tip I'd give is to work smart rather than hard. Not every "easier way" is a (bad) shortcut! :cool:
You'll be fine - you've got plenty of time until then to prepare for the workload. The main tip I'd give is to work smart rather than hard. Not every "easier way" is a (bad) shortcut! :cool:

Hm, my problem is I find it very hard to concentrate, I get distracted so easily. Any tips on concentration for a few hours, and other general tips that you found useful? :smile: x
Hm, my problem is I find it very hard to concentrate, I get distracted so easily. Any tips on concentration for a few hours, and other general tips that you found useful? :smile: x

Work out when you work best and get into the habit of working during those times. Also, write yourself a daily to-do list of about 6 things; for some reason 6 seems to be a "good" number which is ambitious but achievable. As for studying itself, I find the Pomodoro technique useful. :h:
Work out when you work best and get into the habit of working during those times. Also, write yourself a daily to-do list of about 6 things; for some reason 6 seems to be a "good" number which is ambitious but achievable. As for studying itself, I find the Pomodoro technique useful. :h:

Im going to try the list of 6 things for tomorrow and the Pomodoro technique seems strangely fun :tongue:
I'm a cisgendered female, mostly lesbian but can have attractions to non-binary, female-presenting people and extremely androgynous cisgendered males.

Quick Reply

Latest