The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Question on Warwicks maths offers?

Hey, just a really quick question.. If Warwick do give out maths offers to anyone over the prediction of > AAB then why dont they send an offer out as soon as they get your application to anyone doing further maths A level and predicted > AAB ??
Because I'm genuinely worried I Wont get an offer
Reply 1
They wont give offers out to anyone with AAB? Why would they do that? They give offers to those who they reckon are the best applying. It depends on the rest of the people applying whether or not they will give you an offer. Unless you have proof that they give offers to anyone with AAB predicted..
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by 3.1415927
Hey, just a really quick question.. If Warwick do give out maths offers to anyone over the prediction of > AAB then why dont they send an offer out as soon as they get your application to anyone doing further maths A level and predicted > AAB ??
Because I'm genuinely worried I Wont get an offer

Original post by The Shanus
They wont give offers out to anyone with AAB? Why would they do that? They give offers to those who they reckon are the best applying. It depends on the rest of the people applying whether or not they will give you an offer. Unless you have proof that they give offers to anyone with AAB predicted..

It certainly has been the case in previous years where it was stated as such on their website: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/admissions/ug/offer/
However, they have now changed their wording. Though it still implies it, but can't say for sure as it doesn't state it exactly. -
If there are no problems (such as not being predicted A in Mathematics and Further Mathematics) the Admissions Office then send you a formal offer in a letter from the Head of Admissions and relay this to UCAS.

It also says not to worry if you don't receive an offer before February, but you are right in that it definitely seems weird if they don't give the offers out before then for people who meet their set criteria. (this does assume that they give any offers out before the UCAS deadline anyway, but I think they do as I've seen other on here boasting about their offers :smile: )
Applications do have to be checked manually to check the predicted grades are valid, the person is actually doing the right A-levels, English language requirements are met, etc, and the admissions tutor will have other things to do in their job... I expect they do them in batches every few weeks.
If you don't hear anything after 4 weeks or so it would be worth dropping them a line just to make sure. My oldest who is now in 2nd year MMath was delayed with his because the person in charge of processing his application had gone off sick and they hadn't passed their stack on. Wasn't a huge problem in the grand scheme of things and he would have been found eventually but was a bit disconcerting!

Just a heads up about the course, before you start find some Analysis books (check the courses in the Undergraduate Handbook on the website) and make sure that you love it (or at the very least can tolerate it for 1 1/2 years), get ahead at the beginning of the year and try to stay ahead. It's 24 CATs in 1st year and 12 in second and is *extremely* tough if you don't stay on top of it. It's a core course so you must get over 40% in it.

Quick Reply

Latest