The Student Room Group

Food Physics

Hi Physicists of TSR,

I am in the middle of my physics undergraduate degree and we have been told as part of our assessment to write a 2000-3000 words in a scientific journal style ( audience - physicists) on anything to do with physics. I wanted to explore how physics is involved in food science - e.g. from making ice creams [emulsifiers] to improving shelf life.

I wanted to know if there are any particular areas in food science that have good physics substance to research and write about. I really need to get starting researching so I would really appreciate advice especially on topic areas that are substantial to talk about - if you have a link to an article or paper please add it.

I really appreciate the help.
Reply 1
Original post by Person1001
Hi Physicists of TSR,

I am in the middle of my physics undergraduate degree and we have been told as part of our assessment to write a 2000-3000 words in a scientific journal style ( audience - physicists) on anything to do with physics. I wanted to explore how physics is involved in food science - e.g. from making ice creams [emulsifiers] to improving shelf life.

I wanted to know if there are any particular areas in food science that have good physics substance to research and write about. I really need to get starting researching so I would really appreciate advice especially on topic areas that are substantial to talk about - if you have a link to an article or paper please add it.

I really appreciate the help.

Self sorting museli http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granular_convection :top:
Reply 2
That's quite cool but I am looking for something more food chemistry related.

Quick Reply

Latest