The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by am1992
You have no idea how much hope you've just given me if that's true (I'm not doubting you but I can't risk getting my hopes up again too much). Aberdeen's pretty much my last shot ever, I fail this year I actually need to get a job and then that's me tied with mortgages etc for the next decade at least...

they admitted on their twitter that all invites had been sent out
Reply 881
Original post by alixeastham
They said on Twitter they had more to give out didn't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://twitter.com/aberdeenuni_smd have a look yourself. For the moment they are full
Original post by Dreaming spires
French Baccalaureate (Science). :smile: You're doing the European Baccalaureate, right?

yeah, it isnt well known :/. And I scored above the entry requirements, a lot above
Original post by alixeastham
I sooo hope this is true! When did you get your interview? But they must have looked at quite a few to send out 300 interviews :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

12.30- ish today.
Original post by Aniaa
they admitted on their twitter that all invites had been sent out

I think you've misinterpreted it. They have no further International spaces for interview at present. There are still spaces for Scot/ EU/ RUK etc.
Reply 884
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I think you've misinterpreted it. They have no further International spaces for interview at present. There are still spaces for Scot/ EU/ RUK etc.

ohh okay. Well, it reassures me a bit.
Original post by Aniaa
https://twitter.com/aberdeenuni_smd have a look yourself. For the moment they are full
yeah, it isnt well known :/. And I scored above the entry requirements, a lot above

Me too. I'm predicted to achieve 18.87/20 (roughly equivalent to 3A*), which is well above their grade requirements. :frown: Moreover, it's quite hard to achieve a grade above 16 in the French Bac, as we study a lot of subjects, 12 in total (hence why our school days are very long, lol).

Original post by medd
this was two minutes ago…

"Aberdeen Uni SMD ‏@aberdeenuni_smd 2m
@ItsIbrar we still have some spaces to fill, so as before, until your track is updated, we are still considering your application :smile:"

so they must still have some invites to send out :smile:

Mmh. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 886
Me too. I'm predicted to achieve 18.87/20 (roughly equivalent to 3A*), which is well above their grade requirements. :frown: Moreover, it's quite hard to achieve a grade above 16 in the French Bac, as we study a lot of subjects (12 in total).

Mmh. :frown:

yeah EU bac is also hard. My referee says its way harder than Alevels cause A is equivalent to 7 and I need to have above 8
Reply 887
Got an interview today for 10th of February! :biggrin:
Original post by Aniaa
ohh okay. Well, it reassures me a bit.

Assuming you are also Ania on Twitter, the university themselves have just told you that as an EU applicant you are still being considered - how much more reassurance do you need? You've got it direct from the person handing out interviews!
Reply 889
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Assuming you are also Ania on Twitter, the university themselves have just told you that as an EU applicant you are still being considered - how much more reassurance do you need? You've got it direct from the person handing out interviews!

well they cant say they dont want me, no? So they will keep telling the same thing all the time.
Reply 890
Interview for 7th February, sooo delighted! School leaver with 5As and a UKCAT of 678
Original post by Aniaa
well they cant say they dont want me, no? So they will keep telling the same thing all the time.

That's true - all med school does it, though some are more straightforward.
All they are saying is that there's still a 'small' possibility that we could get an interview... At least, that's how I understand it. :redface:
Reply 892
That's true - all med school does it, though some are more straightforward.
All they are saying is that there's still a 'small' possibility that we could get an interview... At least, that's how I understand it. :redface:

yeah, if someone miss his interview we have a chance
Original post by Aniaa
yeah, if someone miss his interview we have a chance

No one would ever do that? :frown: I mean, who would apply to medical school and not turn up to their interviews?

Oh well... We'll see what happens next week (or wait till March). :redface: Only time will tell. :smile:
Reply 894
I am Scottish so AAAAA in highers and predicted AAA advanced highers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 895
Original post by chrisy:)
anyone with an interview for the 15th Jan?

Me I have one on the 15th x
Original post by haylodge
Me I have one on the 15th x

Me too! What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 897
Original post by RebeccaNeilson
Me too! What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be there for 1pm for the 90 minute briefing and then from 1.30 onwards. What about you?
My briefing is at 11:30 then interview starts at 12:00! 90 minutes seems so long. Wonder what it will be like!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 899
No one would ever do that? :frown: I mean, who would apply to medical school and not turn up to their interviews?

Oh well... We'll see what happens next week (or wait till March). :redface: Only time will tell. :smile:

It does happen, at my glasgow interview one person didnt turn up.
Also people might have had an offer from other unis and if its an unconditional they withdraw from their interview at other unis which opens up spaces.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending