The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We haven't been brilliant. We should definitely have made more of the fact that Sterling has the beating of his full back every single time.

A couple of little defensive ****-ups, Mutch got free, that odd pass from Mignolet back down the by-line, Noone's shot/counter, free header in the box for someone as well.

At the start we seemed a bit complacent, wanted too much time on the ball and didn't get it. The game's become much easier after the first goal (as it always does, for us). They just dropped off, less pressing, Sakho can just step out easily and boss the game. Flanagan's misplaced a few passes and his touch hasn't been brilliant, but he's got forward well. Allen's quietly doing his business, nothing too impressive. Henderson's been excellent, very clinical, really come into his own. Johnson still not at his usual standards imo.

Amazing goals from Suarez by the way. The first one was absolutely outstanding from the moment Suarez got the ball back and turned his defender. He fires it into the feet of Allen who does very well to a) know where Henderson is, and b) give it to him first time at a cushioned speed. Henderson then, brilliant to just chip it over into the free space, where Suarez has inevitably run. Obviously Suarez will finish it.

The backheel from Henderson as well, flippin heck Jordan.
Oh what beautiful football!

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Suarez is scary. Henderson is pretty smart with his running.

Such a ridiculous footballer and Cardiff have been trying so hard to keep him quite. Yep Henderson's movement, passing and pressing have all been impressive

Original post by JoeK
Johnson really needs to sort himself out. He's been poor for a while now.

He's been a bit better today, he's getting up the pitch and making himself into an option which is making it easier for Sterling. He's not had to do much defensively though.

Original post by JoeK
Henderson playing Coutinho-esque through balls :dice:

I think that is what could be the most impressive thing about a future midfield of Henderson, Allen and Lucas - all can actually pick a pass through a packed midfield with timing and perfect weighting. On top of that Coutinho cuts in and Suarez drop into that space too and they both can pick a pass too.

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Is it me, or are you currently playing better without Gerrard in the team.

It's mainly Suarez's form tbfh. I think we'd be roughly the same with Gerrard in the side. How many other players would've scored the two goals Suarez has today?

Original post by Malevolent
nope I think you might be right. Liverpool seem to control things a lot better, Gerrard hasn't really got the legs anymore does he? :tongue:

Also Luis Suarez is just... *sighs*

Gerrard is still great for games like this tbh. Allen has sat somewhat in the midfield with Lucas sweeper and Gerrard can sit there and dictate and spread play without worrying about his legs.

I think we've made like 300 passes to Cardiff's 80 odd - the ball is doing the work and Gerrard would be fine. I'd be less inclined to include him in the next two games against Chelsea and Man City.

Sterling is having a great game today. Opposition teams seem to think they need to press up to keep Suarez away from goal since he doesn't have true blistering pace but it's playing perfectly into Sterling's game.

Henderson's form continues too. Some great touches, passes and assists. His link up with Suarez is excellent tbfh.

The question is - when Sturridge comes back, where does he fit in?
Original post by KingMessi
Suarez might be in with a chance of beating the season goal record for the Premier League if he keeps this up. I think it's thirty-four?

19 and a half games to get 13 goals... virtually guaranteed as long as he doesn't get injured or (more likely :tongue:) banned.
Original post by Zerforax
The question is - when Sturridge comes back, where does he fit in?

Inside forward surely, just replace Sterling with him in today's formation? He'll cry and whinge, but with Suarez in this form why would you disrupt the formation?
Reply 604
Dat pass and move.
Reply 605
Sakho has been excellent at helping out Flanagan and covering for him when he gets beat, really impressed.

Suarez, Sterling and Henderson have all been superb, but that seems to go without saying these past few games.
Reply 606
Vincent Tan reminds me of a Bond villain for some reason.. :holmes:
Original post by Mr.Messy

Nah this is who he reminds me of.
Original post by Mr.Messy

or a chubby mr chow?
Original post by Malevolent

Nah this is who he reminds me of.

that is brilliant
Reply 610
Teams are ****ting themselves before they step on the pitch. Exactly how it should be at Anfield.
knew that was going to happen

SET PIECES :angry:
Five live were discussing how good our defence was. How well Sakho is playing etc

They score mid sentence of this discussion

Commentators curse!
............ the last man didn't have a marker? What the ****?
Original post by CameronHayward
knew that was going to happen

SET PIECES :angry:

Irony of this post, is that it's your 666th!
Reply 615
Set pieces... Come on.
Reply 616
Our set-pieces defending is still ****.
Reply 617
Allen has lost his composure since cardiff have scored

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 618
That shirt pulling is my issue with Skrtel. Does it all the time and is a massive risk. I do not know why he doesn't just go for the ball.
Reply 619
It's quite obvious Flanno is the player holding this team together. Since he's gone off, we've come off the boil and lost our dominance in the final third. Also looks like Alberto/Aspas will be lucky to get 5 minutes today... again.

Joe Allen has been very poor in the second half. None of his forward passes seem to reach their target.

Latest