The Student Room Group

Boots Summer Placement 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by StrawberryKoi
For those of you not in 3rd year, are you planning on applying to other places as well? Because co-op and Lloyds offer 4 and 6 week placements whereas Boots is only 2 weeks, but the dates collide and they won't be replying any time soon so we have to accept the Boots offer asap. >_< Co-op says if you want to apply for 3rd year placement and pre-reg, you need to have had a minimum of 4 weeks of experience!

I applied to lloyds not going to apply for co-op. If I get Lloyds I'm going to accept that but I'm going to have to accept Boots like today. This is so confusing. :/
Reply 41
Original post by LaydurrDude
Mine in is Wales and I live in Northern Ireland. I looked up the address and street viewed it and the area doesn't even look like its worth going to...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have that problem too... any ideas to what you are going to do?
Reply 42
Original post by Crickey
I got accepted as well. But the location. Why does it have to be so far :'( Don't know what to do and I don't even have that long to decide.. they should ideally give us longer!

I have that problem too... I am from NI and the offer is in Wales!!
Reply 43
So, I am from NI and my offer is in Wales in Gwynedd and I don't know if to accept it or not as it is so far... any ideas?
Reply 44
Original post by maaa
I have that problem too... I am from NI and the offer is in Wales!!

Why are they doing this to us :'( I really need the experience. It's going to be 10 days tom/on Mon and here I am still undecided. :/ *cries*
Original post by Crickey
Why are they doing this to us :'( I really need the experience. It's going to be 10 days tom/on Mon and here I am still undecided. :/ *cries*

Haven't decided either :frown: But it looks like i won't be able to go tbh. Trying to fund flights over, transport, accommodation, food and we don't even get paid :frown: Did you put Wales down as one of your preferences?
Reply 46
Original post by LaydurrDude
Haven't decided either :frown: But it looks like i won't be able to go tbh. Trying to fund flights over, transport, accommodation, food and we don't even get paid :frown: Did you put Wales down as one of your preferences?

Aww that's so much! so true :frown: No I'm from London and got Exeter (WAHH) there are literally Boots stores every corner of London why must they do this.
Have you applied to Lloyds/other places?
Original post by Crickey
Aww that's so much! so true :frown: No I'm from London and got Exeter (WAHH) there are literally Boots stores every corner of London why must they do this.
Have you applied to Lloyds/other places?

At least you're in the same country - I'm from London and my placement's in South-West Scotland :frown:
Reply 48
I accepted my offer because if you don't, you can't work for them as you didn't show interest in Boots and the chance of getting an offer in 3rd year(next year) is really rare! It will be worth to save some money now and renting out a studio/room and just travel there and back once to save cash! It's such a pain... Like they gave me my third choice! EHHHH
Reply 49
Original post by thegodofgod
At least you're in the same country - I'm from London and my placement's in South-West Scotland :frown:

Oh dear! Are you accepting it?
Original post by Crickey
Oh dear! Are you accepting it?

Already accepted it. Even though it's like 6 hours away from me, it's the only option I have so far and I'm not letting that slip away - and also, you can't really say 'no' to Boots :frown:
Original post by Crickey
I applied to lloyds not going to apply for co-op. If I get Lloyds I'm going to accept that but I'm going to have to accept Boots like today. This is so confusing. :/

You're in the same boat as me then! If I get an offer from Lloyds, I'll accept it and then proceed to beg Boots to release my soul. :ashamed2:
Reply 52
Is anyone having problems with the sign and submit on the offer letter? I try and click it and it highlights yet when I close the letter it still says pending? Any help pleassseeee?
Reply 53
Original post by Crickey

Do you know the dates of the Lloyds placement?
Original post by charb16
Is anyone having problems with the sign and submit on the offer letter? I try and click it and it highlights yet when I close the letter it still says pending? Any help pleassseeee?

Are you using google chrome? A lot of people including myself had this problem, if so I managed to get it to work using internet explorer. When you click it using this it should update to complete.
Reply 55
Original post by charlotte.rigden
Are you using google chrome? A lot of people including myself had this problem, if so I managed to get it to work using internet explorer. When you click it using this it should update to complete.

Oh thank you so much, this has worked :smile:
Original post by charb16
Oh thank you so much, this has worked :smile:

You're very welcome, glad its working for you:smile:
Reply 57
Original post by StrawberryKoi
For those of you not in 3rd year, are you planning on applying to other places as well? Because co-op and Lloyds offer 4 and 6 week placements whereas Boots is only 2 weeks, but the dates collide and they won't be replying any time soon so we have to accept the Boots offer asap. >_< Co-op says if you want to apply for 3rd year placement and pre-reg, you need to have had a minimum of 4 weeks of experience!

u ok? 4 weeks of experience where?

Btw has anyone done a boots summer placement before?
Omg, I'm so undecided :frown: Don't think I can afford it
Original post by shuaib786
u ok? 4 weeks of experience where?

Btw has anyone done a boots summer placement before?

Hi Shuaib!

Co-op wants 4 weeks experience in a community pharmacy :eek4:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending