The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 Applicants - 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by MOHSINM31
Got an interview for the 24th Jan!!! Woohoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! What's your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 941
Original post by akpad
Congrats! What's your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 942
Original post by Cephalosporin
I am fairly certain more interview offers will go out after the holiday season! They only interviewed on 4 days in the month of December; they can't have interviewed everyone they want to in those 4 days! Don't give up hope!:smile:

Depends how many they are interviewing. There were 14 of us in my time group. There were 14 in the group 30 minutes before us. If there are 9 times a day, then that's 126 a day. 504 over the four days. That is not taking international interviews into account.
Reply 943
Original post by calum_c
Depends how many they are interviewing. There were 14 of us in my time group. There were 14 in the group 30 minutes before us. If there are 9 times a day, then that's 126 a day. 504 over the four days. That is not taking international interviews into account.

Exactly, that was my thinking behind it but seeing as someone just got an interview for January, perhaps a small number are being interviewed in the New Year. Anyhow, merry Christmas guys, here's hoping 2014 is a good year for us all in our prospective medical careers :biggrin:
Original post by calum_c

I can't remember in exact but I think there were something like 12 in my group. These admissions people are amazing. I'd think the maximum they can interview a day is 50 but wow, over 100 a day!

Massive congratulations to everyone with January interviews and all the best! :biggrin: The sooner you lot are done, the sooner we'll all find out our fate.
Reply 945
Hey guys, hope you all have had a great Christmas!

I have a interview on the 24th jan. The Admission Officers still need to send me the confirmed time and other details- this will be done after the 5th Jan as they come back on the 6th.

So I was wondering if one of you guys who have had an interview could help me out.

When they sent you the confirmation letter, did it say 'what we will be looking for' or even 'the areas we will be testing you for'. Anything along those lines?

Let me be clear, I'm not asking, what you were asked at the interview; rather, what did they told you about the interview when they sent you the invitation. If you could maybe pm the email you got or something.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 946
Hey guys, hope you all have had a great Christmas!

I have a interview on the 24th jan. The Admission Officers still need to send me the confirmed time and other details- this will be done after the 5th Jan as they come back on the 6th.

So I was wondering if one of you guys who have had an interview could help me out.

When they sent you the confirmation letter, did it say 'what we will be looking for' or even 'the areas we will be testing you for'. Anything along those lines?

Let me be clear, I'm not asking, what you were asked at the interview; rather, what did they told you about the interview when they sent you the invitation. If you could maybe pm the email you got or something.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine looked like this, btw that is not my name haha :biggrin:
UCAS Personal ID: 1
Our reference number: 1

26 November 2013

Dear Mr Nutjob :colone:

Thank you for your application to the University of Glasgow for 2014 entry. You have applied for the following:

A100: Medicine

I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for interview and are invited to attend at the following date/time:

Date:
17-Dec-2013
Time:

Travel directions and campus maps can be found at: www.glasgow.ac.uk/about/maps/

With the exception of International applicants residing near our Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Interview Hub, all interviews will be conducted at the Wolfson Medical School Building, University Avenue, Glasgow, G12 8QQ. International applicants who are invited to our Malaysia Interview Hub will be emailed details of the location of the Hub.

You must accept or reject this invitation on UCAS Track at www.ucas.ac.uk

About the Interview

The interview session will last around 25 minutes. There will be two people on each panel. It is expected that you will be interviewed by two panels.

Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your interview to allow your documents to be checked. You are required to bring the following with you:

Passport or one other form of photographic evidence of identity confirming your name, date of birth and address. Please also bring a photocopy of this document which will be retained for Criminal Records check purposes.

Original birth certificate. Please also bring a photocopy of this document which will be retained for Criminal Records check purposes.

Original examination certificates (confirming the qualifications you have achieved to date, as mentioned in your UCAS application form). International applicants should also bring a photocopy of these documents which will be retained by the Medical School.

Single passport photograph, signed by you on the back (this will be retained by the Medical School).

At the interview applicants may be assessed against some or all of the following criteria:

Problem-solving abilities within a scenario setting

Understanding of medical careers

Glasgow curriculum

Work experience

Discussion of topical medical issue

Team working

Understanding of and suitability for a medical career

Other Important Information

Information about the undergraduate medical curriculum at Glasgow:http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/medicine/mus/

Applicant Visit Day usually takes place in March. If you receive an offer, we strongly encourage you to attend this event www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/opendays/applicantsvisit/

Applicants to the MBChB Course have a responsibility to highlight any current or previous health issues, so that advice and support can be offered where necessary. Candidates who declare any health issues are considered on the same criteria and principles as for other candidates. Should you have a visual or hearing impairment, mental health difficulty, physical, mobility or other disability that we need to know about prior to your interview, please email by 23 November so that modifications/support can be arranged.

Please note that your application will be considered and administered on the basis of the information given on the UCAS application form and you must notify us immediately of any changes.

We look forward to meeting you.

Yours sincerely,

The Admissions Team
School of Medicine Undergraduate Admissions

Telephone: +44 (0)141 330 6216
Email: [email protected]
www.glasgow.ac.uk/medicine

This is an automatically generated email. Do not reply directly to this message.

The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401
A13
Reply 947
Original post by PG593
Mine looked like this, btw that is not my name haha :biggrin:
UCAS Personal ID: 1
Our reference number: 1

26 November 2013

Dear Mr Nutjob :colone:

Thank you for your application to the University of Glasgow for 2014 entry. You have applied for the following:

A100: Medicine

I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for interview and are invited to attend at the following date/time:

Date:
17-Dec-2013
Time:

Travel directions and campus maps can be found at: www.glasgow.ac.uk/about/maps/

With the exception of International applicants residing near our Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Interview Hub, all interviews will be conducted at the Wolfson Medical School Building, University Avenue, Glasgow, G12 8QQ. International applicants who are invited to our Malaysia Interview Hub will be emailed details of the location of the Hub.

You must accept or reject this invitation on UCAS Track at www.ucas.ac.uk

About the Interview

The interview session will last around 25 minutes. There will be two people on each panel. It is expected that you will be interviewed by two panels.

Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your interview to allow your documents to be checked. You are required to bring the following with you:

Passport or one other form of photographic evidence of identity confirming your name, date of birth and address. Please also bring a photocopy of this document which will be retained for Criminal Records check purposes.

Original birth certificate. Please also bring a photocopy of this document which will be retained for Criminal Records check purposes.

Original examination certificates (confirming the qualifications you have achieved to date, as mentioned in your UCAS application form). International applicants should also bring a photocopy of these documents which will be retained by the Medical School.

Single passport photograph, signed by you on the back (this will be retained by the Medical School).

At the interview applicants may be assessed against some or all of the following criteria:

Problem-solving abilities within a scenario setting

Understanding of medical careers

Glasgow curriculum

Work experience

Discussion of topical medical issue

Team working

Understanding of and suitability for a medical career

Other Important Information

Information about the undergraduate medical curriculum at Glasgow:http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/medicine/mus/

Applicant Visit Day usually takes place in March. If you receive an offer, we strongly encourage you to attend this event www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/opendays/applicantsvisit/

Applicants to the MBChB Course have a responsibility to highlight any current or previous health issues, so that advice and support can be offered where necessary. Candidates who declare any health issues are considered on the same criteria and principles as for other candidates. Should you have a visual or hearing impairment, mental health difficulty, physical, mobility or other disability that we need to know about prior to your interview, please email by 23 November so that modifications/support can be arranged.

Please note that your application will be considered and administered on the basis of the information given on the UCAS application form and you must notify us immediately of any changes.

We look forward to meeting you.

Yours sincerely,

The Admissions Team
School of Medicine Undergraduate Admissions

Telephone: +44 (0)141 330 6216
Email: [email protected]
www.glasgow.ac.uk/medicine

This is an automatically generated email. Do not reply directly to this message.

The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401
A13

Great, thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 948
Original post by zheyuan
Just received my interview date in Malaysia!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, congratulations !! I am an international applicant too. May I know ur UKCAT score pls? Thank you
This is borderline neurotic: I had a dream last night - I was refreshing my inbox and an email came in from Glasgow. Then I woke up.
I need help. *scuttles off TSR*

All the best to everyone with January interviews and hope everyone have a lovely start to the New Year!
Reply 950
Quick question, does anyone know how many traditional lectures medic's at Glasgow receive every week? I'm assuming the number is a lot less compare to other universities such as St. Andrews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 951
This is borderline neurotic: I had a dream last night - I was refreshing my inbox and an email came in from Glasgow. Then I woke up.
I need help. *scuttles off TSR*

All the best to everyone with January interviews and hope everyone have a lovely start to the New Year!

Hopefully it becomes reality for you :smile:
Reply 952
Guys does anyone know when the offers will be sent out (sorry if this has allready been answered). I'm assuming late feb/march but theres nothing to back that up, does anyone know for certain?
Reply 953
Hi guys, I've still not had a rejection from Glasgow but I've not had an interview either :frown:. When I asked if all the interviews had been completed I received this email:

Thank you for your email.

Please note that the admissions process is ongoing and all decisions will be made in due course.

Kind regards

I'm not quite sure what to think at the moment to be honest..
Reply 954
Original post by Toub123
Guys does anyone know when the offers will be sent out (sorry if this has allready been answered). I'm assuming late feb/march but theres nothing to back that up, does anyone know for certain?

I'll give them a ring this week and update it on here :smile:
Reply 955
Original post by PG593

Ah thanks!
Im gonna ring them tomorrow regarding some of my documents anyway, might just ask them aswell tbh...
Original post by Toub123
Ah thanks!
Im gonna ring them tomorrow regarding some of my documents anyway, might just ask them aswell tbh...

Original post by PG593

Teehee, I emailed this morning and was told they'll be out anytime between mid - Feb to late Feb. :smile: That's, what, 5 - 7 weeks away?! *fingers crossed*
Reply 957
Help needed over here.

-is the topical medical question asked in the first panel interview, alongside generic questions or is it asked in the second panel, alongside the healthcare/ethical scenario?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 958
We're not really allowed to tell you the content or the structure of the interview, sorry. Also, how would knowing this even matter,,,...

Help needed over here.

-is the topical medical question asked in the first panel interview, alongside generic questions or is it asked in the second panel, alongside the healthcare/ethical scenario?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 959
Teehee, I emailed this morning and was told they'll be out anytime between mid - Feb to late Feb. :smile: That's, what, 5 - 7 weeks away?! *fingers crossed*

Beat us to it :biggrin:
That seems fair enough, its a pretty long wait but considering they are doing interviews throughout January I think its only fair that they give offers out once everyone has been interviewed.
Having said that I WANT MY DECISION RIGHT NOW!!! Really nervous at the moment hahaha :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest