The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by can'tbeleftblank
That would be the best :biggrin:
May be the oxford tutors are scrawling through this thread thinking 'what an enthusiastic, amazing, bantering bunch of applicants, just what we need at Oxford!' :tongue:

Or maybe they're cringing at how terrible the food puns are...
Does anyone else feel like they just can't function until this wait is over?
Reply 8822
Original post by Lucilou101
Well the grades at Durham are higher than Oxford for my course! :smile:

Same for mine haha :frown:
Reply 8823
Original post by can'tbeleftblank
That would be the best :biggrin:
May be the oxford tutors are scrawling through this thread thinking 'what an enthusiastic, amazing, bantering bunch of applicants, just what we need at Oxford!' :tongue:

Here's to hoping!

Yes. I'm currently sitting. Not even doing anything, just sitting. Though I'm afraid may start doing stupid things if it's a rejection, so sitting is probably good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dprince
Same for mine haha :frown:

Speaking of grades, if I were to get an offer (I am allowed to daydream after all) would it be unconditional, or would they specify a grade in the additional, 6th subject, I'm doing over my gap-year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8826
Original post by dreamer959
Yes. I'm currently sitting. Not even doing anything, just sitting. Though I'm afraid may start doing stupid things if it's a rejection, so sitting is probably good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying to just sit and meditate but it seems that I'm coming down with a flu.
:frown:
Original post by amritsg
I'm trying to just sit and meditate but it seems that I'm coming down with a flu.
:frown:

Happened to me after interviews.
Anyway, hot tea with lemon and honey seems to be in order :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I'm trying to write an essay and I just can't...I've written one line...in an hour...urghh...it's so annoying! I feel like ringing up Oriel and demanding that they open my letter and read it to me rather than putting it in the post!
I know I haven't posted much in this thread... but just thought I'd but in and wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow! Rooting for all of you. :smile: <3

Yep, I have three English essays due in tomorrow. Have only managed about 700 words. Oops. :colondollar: I just can't concentrate on anything.
Original post by BeautifulPotato
Oh I'm trying to write an essay and I just can't...I've written one line...in an hour...urghh...it's so annoying! I feel like ringing up Oriel and demanding that they open my letter and read it to me rather than putting it in the post!

Imagine someone actually doing that while faking a panic attack. I wonder if they'd stick to the rules or pitied the person and gave them the result :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Imagine someone actually doing that while faking a panic attack. I wonder if they'd stick to the rules or pitied the person and gave them the result :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm...perhaps it's worth a try...

I wonder what they'd say? Can't actually think why they wouldn't seeing as the letter is probs just sitting there waiting...hmm...

Actually, just remembered I came across as extremely neurotic in the interview...they probably think I'm bonkers.
I'm actually really sad about this being the end of the thread, it's like my default thread, it's the end of an era! :frown:

Wait, Oriel as well? Which subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaken-pine
Wait, Oriel as well? Which subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

French and Italian (beginner's) ..you? :eek:

I wonder what they'd say? Can't actually think why they wouldn't seeing as the letter is probs just sitting there waiting...hmm...

Actually, just remembered I came across as extremely neurotic in the interview...they probably think I'm bonkers.

Try telling that to a guy who started laughing when the interviewer asked him about the morality of mass murder :wink: who's bonkers now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8836

I'm going to do it tomorrow if they don't email me. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just noticed my overdue library book D:
Master criminal... At least returning it is something to do today!
Try telling that to a guy who started laughing when the interviewer asked him about the morality of mass murder :wink: who's bonkers now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

haaaaaa that's pretty funny...

no but I asked him 'why is the admissions test only half an hour? I can't do stuff in half an hour? I need hours of time! Why would you have a test in only half an hour?' and he was like...'um well at Oxford you'll have to take exams in a similar situation...' and I had to back-track...smoothly...
agh I'm dying trying to concentrate at school here

Latest

Trending

Trending