The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chrisy:)
im quite confused, is aberdeen PBL or mostly lecture based?

lectures.
you have like a handful of tutorials/problem solving sessions throughout first year
Reply 1001
Original post by atomos
lectures.
you have like a handful of tutorials/problem solving sessions throughout first year

thanks for the reply! :smile: is that the SSC?
Original post by chrisy:)
thanks for the reply! :smile: is that the SSC?

nah the ssc is a completely separate block that comes at the end of first year, we're away to start our 2nd year ssc after the holidays
Reply 1003
Original post by atomos
nah the ssc is a completely separate block that comes at the end of first year, we're away to start our 2nd year ssc after the holidays

oh ok thank you!! do you mind if i ask you how you find the ssc and ur opinions on it? and have a lovely new year :biggrin:
Reply 1004
Original post by Sduff32
A*AA

It might be that, I have no idea what was needed for this year to get to interview but since the academics was 60% pre interview, it was a big factor. Still though give them a ring and see if they have any more RUK to give out, hopefully they can enlighten you. :smile:
Reply 1005
Happy new year guys :smile:, for those that have already had their Aberdeen interviews, could you tell me how many stations there were in the MMI? (I keep getting conflicting info on this) :colondollar:
Original post by PG593
Happy new year guys :smile:, for those that have already had their Aberdeen interviews, could you tell me how many stations there were in the MMI? (I keep getting conflicting info on this) :colondollar:

There were 7 :smile:
Reply 1007
how long does each stations last. Is It 5mins or 10mins?
Original post by haylodge
From what I can remember it was something like 9 minutes.
Reply 1009

i thought it was 7 stations and 7 minutes each
Reply 1010
Original post by Scottish cutie
There were 7 :smile:

Thank you :tongue:
Reply 1011
for the work experience form shall i add something that i did back in year 10 which was spending time in elderly day care centre? i dont even know if i get the manager's email address :s-smilie:
Reply 1012
Guys , when are going to start giving out the remaining interviews? I am a bit worried because someone told me that usually after Christmas the remaining applicants are "maybe or maybe not".

I read the uni"s we page and it stated an early interview or a late interview is not an indication to the strength of that said applicant.

Really confused.

Please help me out!!
Reply 1013
Original post by woztar
Guys , when are going to start giving out the remaining interviews? I am a bit worried because someone told me that usually after Christmas the remaining applicants are "maybe or maybe not".

I read the uni"s we page and it stated an early interview or a late interview is not an indication to the strength of that said applicant.

Really confused.

Please help me out!!

I might be wrong but I think all the interviews have gone out. I have friends with interviews on 7th March and seeing as offers go out end of March, I'm fairly certain the 7th or not much later is the final deadline. I think maybe now it's a case of having the odd person come in to replace someone who did awfully at interview?
Original post by rc16
I might be wrong but I think all the interviews have gone out. I have friends with interviews on 7th March and seeing as offers go out end of March, I'm fairly certain the 7th or not much later is the final deadline. I think maybe now it's a case of having the odd person come in to replace someone who did awfully at interview?

Spaces may also come up as people decline their interviews, for example if they have offers from other unis already.
UKCAT 725, nothing so far .. :redface:
To the people who haven't received interview offers yet:

Don't worry, I received mine around this time last year and there are people in my year I know who received theirs in early March - not sure if the system has changed for 2014. Keep your chin up :smile: if there are any questions you'd like to ask, I'd be happy to help (1st year at Aberdeen)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1017
Original post by eventidexc
To the people who haven't received interview offers yet:

Don't worry, I received mine around this time last year and there are people in my year I know who received theirs in early March - not sure if the system has changed for 2014. Keep your chin up :smile: if there are any questions you'd like to ask, I'd be happy to help (1st year at Aberdeen)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got an interview next week. Any chance you could give me an idea of what I might be asked? I already had an interview with Glasgow, but I've never done an MMI before...
Reply 1018
Me I have one on the 15th x

Same
Original post by micoshea
Same

Me too! What time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply