The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

okay someone helppp pleaaaase! So, the people that got interviews for nottingham for 18th december... was that through an email stating you have been invited for an interview... or was it an invitation to attend a mini open day on 18th dec? because i got that email and i didnt go as i had already attended the open day... surely this wasnt part of the selection process? but i havent heard anything at all from nottingham!!:frown:
Reply 461
Has anyone had an interview at brunel. Any tips/advice is appreciated
Reply 462
Original post by Furuba5
I have an offer from Brunel! I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and it's just a group interview where you just do activities so there's really nothing to prepare for. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks for that. What was the 15minute written task like?
Reply 463
anyone going to teesside interview 22nd january in the afternoon ? :smile:
the people that got cardiff interview invites, did we all get the time 9.15 as in the time the day starts or is this my individual interview and did people get other interview times? let me knowthanks :smile:
Original post by sarah_brown95
the people that got cardiff interview invites, did we all get the time 9.15 as in the time the day starts or is this my individual interview and did people get other interview times? let me knowthanks :smile:

There must be different slots, mine is at 10:15am :smile:
Original post by lozzvipond
There must be different slots, mine is at 10:15am :smile:

thankyou! darn that means mine is actually at 9.15!! do you know any other information about it? all i know is its 20 minutes an thats it! good luck!!
Reply 467
Hi all,

Firstly, congrats to everyone who gets an interview for uni within this fields it's seems to be such a predicament ..

I would like to have info from people who would have applied at University of east London , I went through the whole post but did not seen anyone applying there (?)
Is it not a good university , or is it because NHS does not support UEL ? (and so NHS not covering the tuition fees )

The main reason of my post is that I am a mature student , I am a french woman but I have lived in the country (Wales included ) since 2004 .I want to study in UK and not France because I know that I will leave there quite all my life (or commonwealth ) and so I guess it's best to have a degree from the country i want to live in :biggrin:
I did my A level (baccalaureat ) in France , and don't know how to convert my grades (/20) in letters .Also I see that uni ask for A levels on 3 different subjects .In France baccalaureat (A level ) got at least 6 different subject , and I don't know which grades I shall put then ?
I pretty much got
C in science :/
A in English
B in French
B in philosophy
but had other grades quite bad
:/ but don't know which one to choose .

As a mature student , I have been working since years in different fields of work(I am 29 years old ) but recently find interest in the health sector, especially physiotherapy . I have done a work experience in a private practice in France , and also one in an hospital (4 weeks for the whole time)
I would like to change career and wonder how a mature EU applicant with my grades (not even sure about my grades) would be consider ?
I know that my path is not brilliant ,so obviously I will not apply to kings for example :biggrin: which university shall I look for , regarding my grades and situation as a mature student ?

Also, and last, I have a reference letter from a previous employer I have been working with for about two years , but in the fashion design fields , I don't know if this could be relevant although it's not in health fields ? I am still waiting for letters from the hospital/privatice I worked in, but in France reference letter are not something common , so just have my letter from my bristish ex employers in fashion ? is it relevant ?

sorry for this long post but I am quite discouraged today, I really would like to have some advice about my situation.

Thanks a lot and good luck for all applicants , interviews !
Original post by sarah_brown95
thankyou! darn that means mine is actually at 9.15!! do you know any other information about it? all i know is its 20 minutes an thats it! good luck!!

I haven't seen any info so I'm as clueless as you! And we haven't got previous years to go off either! What date is your interview? I'm going on the 17th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 469
Original post by digadoo
Hi all,

Firstly, congrats to everyone who gets an interview for uni within this fields it's seems to be such a predicament ..

I would like to have info from people who would have applied at University of east London , I went through the whole post but did not seen anyone applying there (?)
Is it not a good university , or is it because NHS does not support UEL ? (and so NHS not covering the tuition fees )

The main reason of my post is that I am a mature student , I am a french woman but I have lived in the country (Wales included ) since 2004 .I want to study in UK and not France because I know that I will leave there quite all my life (or commonwealth ) and so I guess it's best to have a degree from the country i want to live in :biggrin:
I did my A level (baccalaureat ) in France , and don't know how to convert my grades (/20) in letters .Also I see that uni ask for A levels on 3 different subjects .In France baccalaureat (A level ) got at least 6 different subject , and I don't know which grades I shall put then ?
I pretty much got
A in English
B in French
B in philosophy

Hello,

I think people are probably less likely to apply to places like UEL and Worcester because they are privately funded and if like me you have a degree already you definitely cannot get a second round of Student Loan funding on a non NHS funded course.

In terms of your qualifications, do you have any Biology qualifications? I am a mature student and my highest Biology qualification is a C at AS. Most unis want at least a B at a level. I am currently studying the Open University SK277 module which nearly all Physio unis accept as an alternative to A levels. I have an offer from Coventry so I know if it definately acceptable. Other options are to study for the biology A level, or do some kind of access course.

The best thing I can recommend is to contact the universities you want to apply for directly and inquiring about your best entry route. I made the mistake last year of only looking at their websites and assuming I could not apply because I did not have the Bio A level (and no where I live provides A level biology courses). Some uni's offer a foundation course which is aimed at people who don't currently have the expected qualifications but guarentees a place on the degree if you pass the foundation year with them.

If you don't have the academic criteria this year as the deadline is only 6 days away to apply I would imagine you will struggle to get very far in your application. Again get on the phone to the uni's see if your application would be considered before applying to them would be my advice!

Hope some of that makes sense, bonne chance!
Reply 470
[QUOTE="marlonj;45891775"]
Original post by digadoo
Hi all,

I pretty much got
A in English
B in French
B in philosophy

Hello,

I think people are probably less likely to apply to places like UEL and Worcester because they are privately funded and if like me you have a degree already you definitely cannot get a second round of Student Loan funding on a non NHS funded course.

In terms of your qualifications, do you have any Biology qualifications? I am a mature student and my highest Biology qualification is a C at AS. Most unis want at least a B at a level. I am currently studying the Open University SK277 module which nearly all Physio unis accept as an alternative to A levels. I have an offer from Coventry so I know if it definately acceptable. Other options are to study for the biology A level, or do some kind of access course.

The best thing I can recommend is to contact the universities you want to apply for directly and inquiring about your best entry route. I made the mistake last year of only looking at their websites and assuming I could not apply because I did not have the Bio A level (and no where I live provides A level biology courses). Some uni's offer a foundation course which is aimed at people who don't currently have the expected qualifications but guarentees a place on the degree if you pass the foundation year with them.

If you don't have the academic criteria this year as the deadline is only 6 days away to apply I would imagine you will struggle to get very far in your application. Again get on the phone to the uni's see if your application would be considered before applying to them would be my advice!

Hope some of that makes sense, bonne chance!

Hi MarlonJ ,

Thanks for your time on answering ,That makes all sense to me now.

yes I did have a C in biology , which seems to be not enough relying on university website's info.
Time is running out quickly now , I don't even have my TOEFL yet -and that university ask - to prove I am able to study in English language, although I am sure I can :biggrin:

I would like to call UEL and Colchester . I don't know what is worth Colchester? I've seen very little information about this one too .

I am looking for education with the more practice possible and possibly a placement abroad (commonwealth), I saw that some university don't allow it because of the workload of the program .

Well done on Coventry ! Did you managed an interview yet ?

thank you very much

x
[QUOTE="digadoo;45892221"]
Original post by marlonj

Hi MarlonJ ,

Thanks for your time on answering ,That makes all sense to me now.

yes I did have a C in biology , which seems to be not enough relying on university website's info.
Time is running out quickly now , I don't even have my TOEFL yet -and that university ask - to prove I am able to study in English language, although I am sure I can :biggrin:

I would like to call UEL and Colchester . I don't know what is worth Colchester? I've seen very little information about this one too .

I am looking for education with the more practice possible and possibly a placement abroad (commonwealth), I saw that some university don't allow it because of the workload of the program .

Well done on Coventry ! Did you managed an interview yet ?

thank you very much

x

It's so hard to find all the information that you need, so I feel your pain. :frown: however, I am a mature student and I have been out of education for some time. In order for myself to be considered by any university, I had to study an access course. Which I do in the evenings, after work. I have applied this year, but the deadline for this year is the 15th of this month. You also need some experience in the field, which you have. Like the other person said, call a uni that you may be interested in, and see what they say. I know that some places have reserved spaces for international students. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 472
9:15 ouch. Mine is at 4pm!! rush hour home :frown:

It's just a 15-20 minute interview. No hidden extras as far as I can tell. I sent an email to the interview director and she said it was just a 2 person panel interview. Just have the certificates and forms with you etc.

Good luck!
Original post by digadoo

x

Just wanted to add on the above that you can get a student loan on second degrees IF you pay off your previous loan. But you will still be eligible to apply for a bursary from the NHS regardless, except at those universities offering private physiotherapy tuition.

I second contacting the individual unis, but those I spoke with were conclusive with their request for the open university SK277 (human biology) course. As a mature student the unis require other qualifications from you, not looking specifically at a level grades (or equivalent) but also life experience. It may be possible for you to enrol onto an access course at your local college, if required, but there's every chance it won't be. Not all unis require top grades, some prefer a good level of experience, understanding of the job and the right personality.

I'm a 3rd year at Cumbria, and although I'm aware that the interviews have changed, they're trying to aim for the right balance rather than pure academia. I have friends with a levels at lower levels than what you state who are successfully passing the degree.
Get as much work experience as you can would be my advice, and take notes on any interesting aspects, ask the physios why they're doing and what they're doing. It's always good to have an involved student, asking questions and enjoying their time. You may struggle to gain experience in the NHS, but don't let that stop you, try hospices and private hospitals/clinics too.

Feel free to PM me about anything Physio and/or Cumbria related and ill do my best to answer on either topic.
Reply 474
Hi everyone,
I've had interviews at Oxford Brookes and Brighton - where i recently got offers from both, and had an interview at UEA this week (does anyone know when they give out offers or rejections?) I have an interview at Cardiff next week and wondered if anyone has been to one at Cardiff yet? :smile:
Good luck everyone - we can do this!!!
Reply 475
Hi guys

I've had an offer from Plymouth (AAB), had my interview at Bournemouth and have interviews coming up at Oxford Brookes and UWE.

Just wondering if anyone from this year or previous years can give a summary of the interview and any tips from either UWE or Oxford Brookes?

Thanks
Reply 476
Original post by Ab88
Hi everyone,
I've had interviews at Oxford Brookes and Brighton - where i recently got offers from both, and had an interview at UEA this week (does anyone know when they give out offers or rejections?) I have an interview at Cardiff next week and wondered if anyone has been to one at Cardiff yet? :smile:

hey

well done on your offers!! amazing!
what was the structure of the Oxford Brookes interview like? i've got it on monday?

cheers
Reply 477
Original post by digadoo
Hi all,

I pretty much got
A in English
B in French
B in philosophy
:/ but don't know which one to choose

As a mature student , I have been working since years in different fields of work(I am 29 years old ) but recently find interest in the health sector, especially physiotherapy . I have done a work experience in a private practice in France , and also one in an hospital (4 weeks for the whole time)
I would like to change career and wonder how a mature EU applicant with my grades (not even sure about my grades) would be consider ?
I know that my path is not brilliant ,so obviously I will not apply to kings for example :biggrin: which university shall I look for , regarding my grades and situation as a mature student ?

Also, and last, I have a reference letter from a previous employer I have been working with for about two years , but in the fashion design fields , I don't know if this could be relevant although it's not in health fields ? I am still waiting for letters from the hospital/privatice I worked in, but in France reference letter are not something common , so just have my letter from my bristish ex employers in fashion ? is it relevant ?

sorry for this long post but I am quite discouraged today, I really would like to have some advice about my situation.

Thanks a lot and good luck for all applicants , interviews !

Hi,

I am currently a student at the University of East London; a first year. If you have any questions about UEL directly, please PM me or post here and I will do my best to answer them.

Any questions about admissions should be sent to UEL directly to get the best response.
Original post by Ab88
Hi everyone,

Congrats on your offers!

What was the Oxford Brookes interview like?
Hi everyone, first time I've posted on here but was wondering if anyone who has applied to Northumbria for physio heard anything about interviews yet? If so how long do they normally take?
I am probably worrying for nothing as it's only been just over a week but you will probably all know what it's like!

Thanks

Michael

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending