The Student Room Group

Language Applicants for 2014!

Scroll to see replies

What types of questions do they ask at interviews for languages? I have an interview for French and German at Queen Mary tomorrow :frown:
Reply 441
Original post by charlottecrb
What types of questions do they ask at interviews for languages? I have an interview for French and German at Queen Mary tomorrow :frown:

I'd imagine a bit of questioning regarding your personal statement (excluding Oxford/Cambridge, of course) and then a bit of general discussion in the language maybe? Nothing too much, perhaps just future plans or studies :smile: bonne chance!
Original post by chloevictoria
Is anyone going to the offer holders languages day at Bristol next wednesday? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am!!! are you?
Original post by Noah.theship
I am!!! are you?

I am indeed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received offer for French and Italian at Cardiff University! :biggrin:
Need only BBB!
Just received an unconditional from Glasgow for Russian and History. :smile: 1 down 4 more to go. :tongue:
Reply 446
Just got an offer for French and History of Art from Manchester - ABB woooop
Third offer in yesterday from Bristol!

UPDATE: French and Spanish ab Initio

Bristol - ABB
Exeter - AAB
Southampton - AAB (A in French)
Cambridge - waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile
AAB (Advanced Higher) offer from UCL for German and History. :smile:
I have applied to study French and Spanish, so far I have 4 offers and 1 interview:
Uni of Nottingham-BB and Distinction
Uni of Leicester-BB and Distinction
Royal Holloway-BB and Distinction
Aberyswyth-280 UCAS points with a B in French
Queen Mary uni of London-Interview :smile:
Final update! Got all my offers, including Cambridge (miraculously!)! A*AA offer!

Will be firming Cambridge and Southampton as my insurance!
Reply 451
Got Notts (ABB) and southampton (AAB) for french, German and spanish, and got cambridge-trinity hall (A*AA) for French and German, waiting on UCL and Durham still :smile:

Wait a sec I just got UCL AAB!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I've got 4 of my offers now!

I managed to somehow get Oxford (AAA), no idea how- still in shock!! Nottingham (ABB- but if I firmed it, it would be unconditional), Warwick (AAB) and Liverpool (ABB). I'm waiting on Durham- but now I've got Oxford I'm not overly fussed!
Original post by Jackie9404
I've got 4 of my offers now!

I managed to somehow get Oxford (AAA), no idea how- still in shock!! Nottingham (ABB- but if I firmed it, it would be unconditional), Warwick (AAB) and Liverpool (ABB). I'm waiting on Durham- but now I've got Oxford I'm not overly fussed!

Hiya, well done! :biggrin: I have an offer from Oxford too... Really shocked as well, haha. What languages are you going to be studying? :smile:
Original post by StarryInk07
Hiya, well done! :biggrin: I have an offer from Oxford too... Really shocked as well, haha. What languages are you going to be studying? :smile:

Thank you! You too!! :biggrin: It won't sink in- no matter how much I think about it! I'm studying French and German, and at Lincoln college- what about you?
Original post by Jackie9404
Thank you! You too!! :biggrin: It won't sink in- no matter how much I think about it! I'm studying French and German, and at Lincoln college- what about you?

Thank you! I know - I feel the same! :biggrin: And I really thought I'd blown my chances with the interviews... Great combination! Aw, Lincoln is really lovely. :smile: If all goes well (fingers crossed), I'll be studying Spanish and Arabic at St John's.
Reply 456
I've got offers for French and German from Kings College London, Exeter and Surrey, just waiting (somewhat desperately) for Durham and St Andrews now!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've still had no offers. But RHUL says I will definitely here back by Monday... :mad::frown:
Reply 458
I just applied to study Spanish and Italian at Edinburg, Glasgow or Strathclyde. :smile:
Original post by StarryInk07
Thank you! I know - I feel the same! :biggrin: And I really thought I'd blown my chances with the interviews... Great combination! Aw, Lincoln is really lovely. :smile: If all goes well (fingers crossed), I'll be studying Spanish and Arabic at St John's.

I've not really seen it- was in a rush after the interview so just had to leave! It looked nice from what I saw :smile: Wow. That's an unique combination! What made you chose Arabic? I had an interview at St John's as well- it was beautiful, but massive! Me and this other girl were terrified that we wouldn't find our way out!! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending