The Student Room Group

Aurangzeb -brutal fascist ruler

Aurangzeb was a brutal fascists ruler of parts of India around four hundred years ago.http://www.hindunet.org/alt_hindu/1995_Apr_2/msg00027.html
Islamic literary sources provide far more extensive evidence of temple
destruction by the Muslim invaders of India in medieval times.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some of the literary evidence of temple destruction during Aurangzeb's
rule is listed below.

here we have
xcerpts:

Muhiyu'd-Din Muhammad Aurangzeb 'Alamgir Padshah Ghazi (1658-1707)
General Order

" ........ Hindu writers have been entirely excluded from holding public
offices, and ALL THE WORSHIPPING PLACES OF THE INFIDELS AND GREAT TEMPLES
of these infamous people HAVE BEEN THROWN DOWN AND DESTROYED in a manner
which excites astonishment at the successful completion of so difficult a
task. His Majesty personally teaches the sacred kalima to many infidels
with success. ..... All mosques in the empire are repaired at public
expense........."

2. "Alamgir-Nama" by Mirza Muhammad Kazim

This work, written in AD 1688 contains a history of the first ten years
of Aurangzeb's reign.

Excerpts:

Palamau (Bihar)

" .......... In 1661 Aurangzeb in his zeal to uphold the law of Islam
sent orders to his viceroy in Bihar, Daud Khan, to conquer Palamau. In
the military operations that followed MANY TEMPLES WERE DESTROYED
.............."
Reply 2
some more, ok

och Bihar (Bengal)

" ......... Towards the end of the same year when Mir Jumla made a war on
the Raja of Kuch Bihar, the MUGHALS DESTROYED MANY TEMPLES during the
course of their operations. IDOLS WERE BROKEN AND SOME TEMPLES WERE
CONVERTED INTO MOSQUES. ........."

3. "Mas'ir-i-'Alamgiri" by Saqi Must'ad Khan

The author completed this history in 1710 at the behest of Inayatu''llah
Khan Kashmiri, Aurangzeb's last secretary and favorite disciple in state
policy and religiosity. The materials which Must'ad Khan used in this
history of Aurangzeb's reign came mostly from the State archives.

Excerpts:

General Order

"........ The Lord Cherisher of the faith learnt that in the provinces of
Tatta, Multan, and especially at Benaras, the Brahmin misbelievers used
to teach their false books in their established schools, and that
admirers and students both Hindu and Muslim, used to come from great
distances to these misguided men in order to acquire this vile learning.
His majesty, eager to establish Islam, issues orders to the governors of
all the provinces TO DEMOLISH THE SCHOOLS AND TEMPLES OF THE INFIDELS and
with utmost urgency put down the teaching and the public practice of the
religion of these misbelievers. ........"
300 years on…..Maybe it is time to get over it.
Reply 4
There's only a minority of people here who actually support Aurangzeb so there is little rational discussion to be had except with those unorthodox few.
Reply 5
http://www.aurangzeb.info
Exhibit No. 18: Hindus forced to suffer humiliation in paying the Jizyah tax.

On 2nd April 1679, Aurangzeb re-imposed Jizayah upon the Hindus which had been abolished by Emperor Akbar in 1564.
Reply 6
Barring Shah Jahan's kids, that Empire was awesome.
Reply 7
http://aurangazeb.wordpress.com/category/aurangzeb/

Aurangzeb, on assuming power in Delhi, took his sword out of the shield for converting entire India into a Darul Islam. For fulfilling his cruel desire one Subedar of Kashmir, Iftihar Khan, played a “bloody Holi” with the Pandits for increasing the pace of religious conversion.

Since Kashmir has remained India’s centre for learning and since the same land has produced great scholars, Aurangzeb entrusted the reigns of the land to dreadful Subedars for Islamisation of Kashmir.

During his 49-years rule Aurangzeb deputed 14 Subedars to Kashmir for achieving his goal of Islamisation. And among those Subedars Iftihar Khan proved the most loyal who between 1671-75 perpetrated cruelties on the Hindus of Kashmir and forced them to adopt Islam.

Kashmiri Pandits approach Guru Teg Bahadur for help

After getting frustrated by the inhuman cruelties committed by Iftihar Khan, Kashmiri Pandits decided to approach great nationalist, Shri Guru Teg Bahadur, at Anandpur Sahib in Punjab for help, about 500 Pandits, under the leadership of Pandit Kripa Ram, met Guru Teg Bahadur.
Reply 8
Original post by DorianGrayism

oh dear, so lets be quiet is that. Not a case of getting over it, as it is over, and no one here carried out those acts of past.
Reply 9
Original post by DorianGrayism

That's not the point when the history and truth is denied to the victims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
That's not the point when the history and truth is denied to the victims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noones denying it on here(so far ).

I think dogra does need to get it over it tbh, hes a little obsessed.
Reply 11
Original post by IdeasForLife

I've spoken to multiple people on this forum who basically deny it, nashiboy being the most recent.

You must understand, Hindus have one country and one population, that is India. Hindus are deeply to India, nor do we believe that just because it took place so long ago, it doesn't matter or has to be 'gotten over'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It confuses me that some Muslims defend other Muslims just because of the fact that they are Muslims. They can still be bad people and do bad things and it doesn't conflict with your faith to admit that.
Reply 13
Original post by Ggmu!
I've spoken to multiple people on this forum who basically deny it, nashiboy being the most recent.

You must understand, Hindus have one country and one population, that is India. Hindus are deeply to India, nor do we believe that just because it took place so long ago, it doesn't matter or has to be 'gotten over'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the kind of intolerant attitude that resulted in the Partition and creation of Pakistan. Sure, you can go on about how India will foremost be for the Hindus blah blah, but when it's got one of the highest rates of religious violence in the world it makes a lot more sense to stop blaming other religious groups for things that happened centuries ago and just try and live in interreligious peace now.
Reply 14
Original post by mr hyde
That's the kind of intolerant attitude that resulted in the Partition and creation of Pakistan. Sure, you can go on about how India will foremost be for the Hindus blah blah, but when it's got one of the highest rates of religious violence in the world it makes a lot more sense to stop blaming other religious groups for things that happened centuries ago and just try and live in interreligious peace now.

LOL NOPE.

Partition was the fault of the Muslim League and the immense weakness of Gandhi and Nehru.

And I didn't say anything about how India is FOR Hindus. I said it's their homeland and their only population. Isn't Saudi Arabia the true home of Islam, or Vatican City for Catholics? That doesn't mean I said that other religions communities cannot live in India. They've been coming for thousands of years and there is no reason it should stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Ggmu!
LOL NOPE.

Partition was the fault of the Muslim League and the immense weakness of Gandhi and Nehru.

And I didn't say anything about how India is FOR Hindus. I said it's their homeland and their only population. Isn't Saudi Arabia the true home of Islam, or Vatican City for Catholics? That doesn't mean I said that other religions communities cannot live in India. They've been coming for thousands of years and there is no reason it should stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Muslim League and Jinnah never wanted Partition, they were forced to break away when it was clear that Muslims weren't going to be treated as equals. I'm not going to argue about this, it's clear from reading the history and you can choose to accept it or not.

Saudi Arabia isn't the true home of Islam, it's just where Islam was revealed. Islam has no 'true home', it's a philosophy and its followers can live anywhere. When you start talking about 'true home' it starts sounding like India is foremost for Hindus, like it belongs to them more than anyone else. It's that kind of intolerance that can't be accepted.
Reply 16
Original post by mr hyde
The Muslim League and Jinnah never wanted Partition, they were forced to break away when it was clear that Muslims weren't going to be treated as equals. I'm not going to argue about this, it's clear from reading the history and you can choose to accept it or not.

Saudi Arabia isn't the true home of Islam, it's just where Islam was revealed. Islam has no 'true home', it's a philosophy and its followers can live anywhere. When you start talking about 'true home' it starts sounding like India is foremost for Hindus, like it belongs to them more than anyone else. It's that kind of intolerance that can't be accepted.

So direct action day was for fun? I don't think the current situation with Pakistan and India has been good for the subcontinent, it's not worked in my opinion.

Fair enough, if that's what you believe. If you are a Muslim, you probably couldn't understand, Mecca has never been invaded and razed in recent times, or even in the last thousand years, has it? Varanasi has, Mathura has, Gokul has, Ayodhya has, Somnath has etc. Not to mention the thousands of mandirs destroyed and still being destroyed.

No, it doesn't breed that. It's simple acceptance that Sanatan Dharma was born and flourished in North west India/modern Pakistan. Hindus have a reason to feel a little defensive at times, considering this history of the subcontinent and the introduction of Abrahamic religions (bar Judaism) into the subcontinent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Ggmu!
So direct action day was for fun? I don't think the current situation with Pakistan and India has been good for the subcontinent, it's not worked in my opinion.

Fair enough, if that's what you believe. If you are a Muslim, you probably couldn't understand, Mecca has never been invaded and razed in recent times, or even in the last thousand years, has it? Varanasi has, Mathura has, Gokul has, Ayodhya has, Somnath has etc. Not to mention the thousands of mandirs destroyed and still being destroyed.

No, it doesn't breed that. It's simple acceptance that Sanatan Dharma was born and flourished in North west India/modern Pakistan. Hindus have a reason to feel a little defensive at times, considering this history of the subcontinent and the introduction of Abrahamic religions (bar Judaism) into the subcontinent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a human being, of course I can understand. It's horrific that any mandir at all has been destroyed, and there should be the strictest punishments for people who think it's acceptable to target religious freedom. I'm not a Hindu, but my own faith tells me that it's my obligation to protect everyone's right to practice the beliefs they want. People who do otherwise are no more than terrorists.

There's a difference between being proud of the cultural history of the region, and saying that it's the 'true home' of Hindus. That's the phrase I have an issue with, because the fact that some people considered it to be the true home of only Hindus is what caused the country to break in two. I know that's not what you're saying, but the phrase 'true home' isn't one that considers all the residents equal.
Reply 18
Original post by IdeasForLife

your thinking of what i am obsessed shows your lack of understanding, and typical personal remakes when individuals don't like whats been posted they resort to pathetic personal attacks.
This is history thread and we have write to post what we like, u have the right to not peek in, its your free choice.
Reply 19
Original post by mr hyde

dear me , muslim league asked for population movements , they initiated the ethnic cleansing, here have a read:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/404683/punjabs-cleansing/
Ishtiaq Ahmed agrees with other fact-finders that the beginning of ‘the process’ were the March 1947 massacres that took place in and around Rawalpindi. This was what triggered a chain of destruction and suffering that culminated in the attainment of the ‘national’ goals. Let me give you a sample of the evidence collected and carefully weighed by him. First an excerpt from the report of All-India Congress Committee that he quotes on page 174-5: “These were not riots but deliberately organised military campaigns. Long before the disturbances broke out secret meetings were held in mosques under the leadership of Syed Akbar Khan ex-MLA, Capt. Lal Khan of Kahuta, Tehsildar and Police Sub-Inspector Kahuta, Maulvi Abdul Rehman and Kala Khan MLA, in which jihad… was proclaimed against the minorities and emissaries were sent out to collect volunteers from the rural areas…

minorities were non muslims in muslim majority areas, so facts are clear ml started and had a plan and had a private army : Muslim league national guards to enforce this fascism here have a read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending