The Student Room Group

Aurangzeb -brutal fascist ruler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
now the detailed attack on non muslims in Punjab is detailed her there were reprisals from a number of non muslims, but there would have never been reprisals in first place if humanity prevailed:
http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Muslim_League_Attack_on_Sikhs_and_Hindus_in_the_Punjab_1947
The Muslim League was on the look-out for an opportunity to wage their war on the Coalition Government in the Punjab, which had so far succeeded in maintaining peace-albeit a kind of 'armed truce'-in the Province. The League gave all the provocation it could to the Coalition Government, and to the Hindu and Sikh minorities. The Muslim National Guards recruitment proceeded with very increased speed during all the months after the Direct Action Resolution of the Muslim League was passed. So great and ubiquitous was the organisation of the League Private Army, the Muslim National Guards, that every Muslim mohalla, every small town, sometimes every considerable village, had its own National Guard contingent and its commander, called Salar. One would be surprised to find the organization existing very often in unlikely and out-of-the-way places. The Guard collected arms and petrol-almost everywhere. They received secret instructions from head-quarters, and had a quasi-military, fascist kind of organization, with the rule of implicit obedience to the orders of the leader. An idea of the numbers and of the formidable threat which the Muslim National Guard constituted to the peace of the Punjab, can be formed from the fact that in the city of Amritsar alone the National Guard razakars (volunteers) numbered 9,000, while in Lahore this number was estimated to be in the neighbourhood of 10,000.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
chief secretary:

According to the Chief Secretary:
�The prospect is not improved by the brutality of some of the acts committed by the majority community (Muslims) in the areas most effected. When details of these acts become known as inevitably they will, the danger of retaliation will arise in a degree fraught with much danger,�
On piecing together all the factors present in the Punjab situation in early March, 1947, we find:
(a) The Muslim League agitation had as its aim the over-throw of the Coalition ministry, and clearing the way for the achievement of Pakistan,
(b) H. M. G. Statement of February 20, 1947 declaring that power would be transferred in India in default of one Central Government, in some areas to the existing Provincial Governments, made it imperative for the League to capture power and to establish its own Government in the Punjab at all costs, so that such a Government should be able to receive power independently of a Central Government of India;
(c) The �Victory Day� of March 2, 1947 was used by the League for marking provocative speeches, and whipping up the passions of the Muslim masses against all who might oppose Pakistan;
(d) Not being able to get the cooperation of a single Hindu or Sikh inside Provincial Assembly, the Muslim League decided upon capturing power by waging a war on the minorities in the Punjab;
(e) For this purpose the Riots of March, 1947 were started, which occurred simultaneously in Lahore, Amritsar, Jullundur, Multan, Rawalpindi, Campbellpur and other Districts, the aggressors in all places being Muslims;
Reply 22
a british newspaper:
The comments of the British Press, seldom pro-Congress in its views and very consistent in voicing a pro-League bias, were on this occasion revealing, as they found in this Direct Action threat of the Muslim League nothing less than the design to plung the country into a Civil War: Said the �News Chronicle� of the 30th July, 1946, a day after the passage of the Direct Action Resolution:
�What precisely does Mr. Jinnah think he will achieve by embracing violence-and at a moment when so substantial a part of his claims has been conceded?
�Does he think that communal strife will benefit India or even the Muslim part of India? He has only to look at other parts of Asia to see what lies at the end of that tunnel.
�Does he want his country to become another China, ravaged and utterly impoverished by interminable Civil War?
�It is hopeless, of course, if Mr. Jinnah is wedded to complete intransigeance-if, as now seems the case he really is thirsting for a holy war.
�If Mr. Jinnah nosy resorts to violence, it will be very difficult to save India from disaster.�
In the above extract occur the prophetic words �Civil War� and �holy War�, and the Muslim League attitude plunged the country soon after into both these.
Reply 23
Original post by mr hyde
I'
There's a difference between being proud of the cultural history of the region, and saying that it's the 'true home' of Hindus. That's the phrase I have an issue with, because the fact that some people considered it to be the true home of only Hindus is what caused the country to break in two. I know that's not what you're saying, but the phrase 'true home' isn't one that considers all the residents equal.

Utter nonsense where was Ghandhi and nehru saying true home, where, utter crap of highest order, it was clear as shown fascist muslim league kickstarted and wanted and organised to partition, all these actions are clear.

One person one vote for all peoples regardless of any differences, all citizens equal, thats what ghandhi wanted, but his appeasement to dark side led to partition.
In face of fascism one does not surrender like nehru and ghandhi did.
Why has population of non muslims been decimated in land called pakistan why, why?
Reply 24
Jinnah in his own words:
Mr. Jinnah in a statement issued from Bombay on September 11, 1946 offered to the Hindus the choice between creating Pakistan and forcing a Civil War in the country.
Replying to a question seeking suggestions for the restoration of peace in India, he said:�
�In view of the horrible slaughter in various parts of India, I am of the opinion that the authorities, both Central and Provincial, should take up immediately the question of exchange of population to avoid brutal recurrence of that which had taken place where small minorities have been butchered by the overwhelming majorities.�
Thus, scouting any suggestion that there could be peace and amity in the country, he advocated exchange of population-the uprooting of millions-and as it later turned out to be, of over twelve millions, and the butchering of about a million. This was the direction in which the Muslim League was inevitably leading the country.
What shocked the conscience of India even more than Calcutta, was the large-scale murder, loot, arson, rape, abduction and forced marriage of Hindu women in the Noakhali District of Eastern Bengal. This time the trouble came about in the October of 1946. It appears the League enthusiasts were on the look-out for an area of operation where they could be sure of very little resistance and where they could demonstrate to the Hindus in action as to what was in store for them in case they did not accept the Muslim League demand of Pakistan. In Calcutta the Hindus-although on the first two days they were completely surprised, and reeled under the sudden blow, and lost more than a thousand in killed-yet on the subsequent days they rallied and gave the Muslims as good as they got. The Muslim League perhaps realized the folly of having tried out Calcutta. A better spot should be selected, and this time it was Noakhali and the adjoining area of Eastern Bengal.

basic facts, which one can ignore, but dark side of humanity won in 1947, leaving a legacy of hatred and poison, and aurangzeb would be proud.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
http://iref.homestead.com/DirectAction.html

Mr. Jinnah snapped. "When they take you into their confidence I will take you into mine."

Next day the Quaid-i-Azam changed out of his double-breasted suit and put on Muslim dress and fez for the Muslim masses. Standing on a platform liberally decorated with enlargements of his portrait, he announced that the sixteenth of August, two and a half weeks hence, would be "Direct Action Day." His vituperation against the Congress was acidly explicit. "If you want peace, we do not want war," he declared. "If you want war we accept your offer unhesitatingly. We will either have a divided India or a destroyed India." And the Muslim Leaguers jumped up on their seats and tossed their fezzes in the air.
Original post by dogra
your thinking of what i am obsessed shows your lack of understanding, and typical personal remakes when individuals don't like whats been posted they resort to pathetic personal attacks.
This is history thread and we have write to post what we like, u have the right to not peek in, its your free choice.

I stand by what I said, you are a bit obsessed :smile:
I neither like, nor dislike, what you posted. Its just history to me.

Feel free to make as many threads about this topic as you like, I never said you couldn't :tongue:
Reply 27
well its a personal comment, and just poo, as this is a history thread, so can post what i like when i like, just as u can, and u won't get me saying your obsessed or whatever, as could not care less what you want to post, it is your free choice, and i have a free choice to bother peeking in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending