The Student Room Group

PGCE application - is the DBS Check to do with all the records the Police have on you

I know changed name from CRB to DBS check.

And since with the PGCE you have to do the DBS before you get on.

Is the check to do with all the Police records on you in Britain?

i.e convictions, charges, cautions, court appearances, etc etc
The DBS check is the same sort of thing as the CRB check. It check your name and details against police records and various other lists of people who are prohibited from working with children and/or vulnerable adults.

i.e convictions, charges, cautions, court appearances, etc etc

Convictions and cautions, yes. Court appearances and charges, probably not.

However, supposing you were charged with raping a child, but not convicted... that MIGHT appear on a check. Because the chief constable of any police force is entitled to include any info he or she likes on a disclosure.

If you are worrying about a specific offence / legal problem maybe you should give some (vague) details, that way you'll get better advice here.
Reply 2
Original post by nonswimmer
The DBS check is the same sort of thing as the CRB check. It check your name and details against police records and various other lists of people who are prohibited from working with children and/or vulnerable adults.

Convictions and cautions, yes. Court appearances and charges, probably not.

However, supposing you were charged with raping a child, but not convicted... that MIGHT appear on a check. Because the chief constable of any police force is entitled to include any info he or she likes on a disclosure.

If you are worrying about a specific offence / legal problem maybe you should give some (vague) details, that way you'll get better advice here.

The only record the Police will have on me is when I never had my train ticket in 2011 ^_^

I sure as hell never been charged with raping a child!!!!!!!! WTF LOL
Original post by xjay1234
The only record the Police will have on me is when I never had my train ticket in 2011 ^_^

I sure as hell never been charged with raping a child!!!!!!!! WTF LOL

Jolly good, then you'll probably be allowed to be a teacher. But the point of the DBS check is to exclude child molesters! Hence that being my example.
Reply 4
Original post by nonswimmer
Jolly good, then you'll probably be allowed to be a teacher. But the point of the DBS check is to exclude child molesters! Hence that being my example.

indeed

Quick Reply

Latest