The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2014 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5100
Would you guys take BlackRock Fundamental Equity or something similar with GSAM (Goldman Sachs AM)? Also has anyone here received an offer for BlackRock's Fundamental Equity programme?
Did anyone attend the RBS Capital Markets AC yesterday? Did you hear back?
Reply 5102
Original post by Angellunatic123

How long after you completed tests did RBC get back to you? And what division you applied for? I completed tests 12 days ago and still heard nothing either way.
Reply 5103
Original post by gwr12gru
How long after you completed tests did RBC get back to you? And what division you applied for? I completed tests 12 days ago and still heard nothing either way.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5104
Original post by Angellunatic123

Original post by gwr12gru

Attention to detail..
had an assessment centre over a week ago now, still no response. what you guys think??? emailed grad recruit contact and still no response
Original post by IBBOOM
had an assessment centre over a week ago now, still no response. what you guys think??? emailed grad recruit contact and still no response

Positive - you're probably on hold
Negative - definitely a rejection
Neutral - wait or email again

Pick which one you fancy. This is the best response you will get. We ain't HR
would be great to hear from anyone who's taken up a Rothschild GFA offer in London
Original post by PrincePauper
Positive - you're probably on hold
Negative - definitely a rejection
Neutral - wait or email again

Pick which one you fancy. This is the best response you will get. We ain't HR

yeah, cheers for that :confused:

looking if anyone been in same situation before, and what happened
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IBBOOM

Most people would have been in that situation. It can go either way. There is no rule saying that if you wait over a week its a rejection or an offer.

Not trying to be smart with you.

Try calling them up or send a chaser email. Most likely you are borderline and on hold. If you were the ****, you would have received an offer within days. If you were **** they would have removed your app from the pile.

Do you know when the next AC is? They could be waiting to compare you with candidates from that AC. I dont know.

Which Bank is it?
To all those who got GS first rounds (SA IBD London): How long after your app went 'under review' did you hear back from them? Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 5111
Original post by OptimusPrimate
To all those who got GS first rounds (SA IBD London): How long after your app went 'under review' did you hear back from them? Thanks! :biggrin:

Some guys from my uni were called in December and had the final round last week
Reply 5112
Original post by IBBOOM

I am in the same situation as you - had an AC last week and they said expect to hear back within 2 weeks. I imagine if I was a certain yes, they would have rang me within a couple of days. I am pretty sure they have a 'maybe' pile until they have interviewed all candidates. Stay positive!
Anyone heard from Goldman Sachs equity research mine is still under review....
Reply 5114
Same situation here! Had my AC last Friday and still no news.. It was for MS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent UBS an e-mail regarding my app for CCS summer. I had phone interview 10 weeks ago and they responded that there is still no update. Not to mention the fact that they got my name wrong in the response.

Any news for the people that have had MS 1st round for IBD? Had mine in December and still no news.
how would people view macquarie vs jefferies vs hsbc
for summer ibd london ?

Are they all pretty much on the same level?
Original post by cranberry94
how would people view macquarie vs jefferies vs hsbc
for summer ibd london ?

Are they all pretty much on the same level?

IMO for London
hsbc > jefferies > macquarie

jefferies v hsbc would be very tight though
Original post by cablebuck
IMO for London
hsbc > jefferies > macquarie

jefferies v hsbc would be very tight though

Pretty much this. Macquarie is very good at training analysts. I've spoken to 3 people that worked there and they all confirmed that. The problem is that their main business is in Australia and if they need to cut costs they will start with London and other locations first.

Working hours at hsbc are not bad from what I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5119
Original post by chicheto93
Pretty much this. Macquarie is very good at training analysts. I've spoken to 3 people that worked there and they all confirmed that. The problem is that their main business is in Australia and if they need to cut costs they will start with London and other locations first.

Working hours at hsbc are not bad from what I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

HSBC working hours vary across desks. I know someone who worked 28 days in a row as a summer intern before finally getting a day off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending