The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! I called them today and they said they don't have anymore spots left and today was the last day they were sending anything out. AND you're an international applicant, they've finished sending out invites and by the end of the week all rejections will be out.

Guess it was really time to give up :frown:
Good luck to everyone else!
Reply 1101
Original post by medd
The uni's are normally quite good about re-arranging if it's during your mocks/exams. Glasgow and Belfast both gave me alternative dates because the original dates they gave me were during my exam week in December. Just sayin!

I probably should have looked into that earlier :/

It just threw me when it said that there was very litte/ no room for rearrangements to be made. Oh well, it isn't such a bit deal...
Reply 1102
Original post by goodluck96
Hey guys! I called them today and they said they don't have anymore spots left and today was the last day they were sending anything out. AND you're an international applicant, they've finished sending out invites and by the end of the week all rejections will be out.

Guess it was really time to give up :frown:
Good luck to everyone else!

Thats strange. I emailed them and they said the last interview date is the 6 th of March.
Reply 1103
Original post by woztar
Thats strange. I emailed them and they said the last interview date is the 6 th of March.

and so? Maybe this date is full too
Reply 1104

Oh... Well i didnt read the original post just the ones made by the university.
If that is the case will it mean that offers could be released earlier too?
Original post by Chi-
Oh... Well i didnt read the original post just the ones made by the university.
If that is the case will it mean that offers could be released earlier too?

No, they said at my interview that offers wouldn't go out till after their last interview date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejection. Was expecting it tbh, at least it is out the way.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just waiting for my rejection too :frown:
Rejection as well! All the best to everyone with interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1109
Has any graduates heard back yet? I'm so nervous got nothing yet :frown: keep checking track and it always says there're still considering..
Reply 1110
Original post by Lpo
I am a Scottish grad with an interview.2.1 biomed science degree with ukcat of 720.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great you've got an interview :smile:
I'm graduate with a 1st in biomedical science degree but my ukcat absolutely sucks! Got 612.5..guess it's a rejection then.. :frown:
Reply 1111
Original post by somaliya
That's great you've got an interview :smile:
I'm graduate with a 1st in biomedical science degree but my ukcat absolutely sucks! Got 612.5..guess it's a rejection then.. :frown:

Thanks.It is definitely unfair how much the ukcat is used to asses an applicant but I guess they have to do it somehow.Hopefully the other uni's you have applied to will give you an interview-it only takes one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are they sending out any post-interview rejections now, or are they waiting until March for that? Cause I'd really prefer to get rejected now than in two months time :erm:
Post interview rejections shouldn't go out till march. This is my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1114
Original post by nodiggity
Are they sending out any post-interview rejections now, or are they waiting until March for that? Cause I'd really prefer to get rejected now than in two months time :erm:

They will only send out post-interview offers/rejections in March, after all the interviews are concluded.
Original post by ilem
They will only send out post-interview offers/rejections in March, after all the interviews are concluded.

A few of us have received rejections already so they don't seem to be waiting until March!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1116
Original post by Somebody503
A few of us have received rejections already so they don't seem to be waiting until March!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind me asking when did you find out?
Reply 1117

Posted from TSR Mobile

Post-interview?
Original post by woztar
If you don't mind me asking when did you find out?

Just this evening as did a few of my friends!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1119
Original post by alixeastham
Rejection- Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by letsbehonest
Rejection. Was expecting it tbh, at least it is out the way.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rejection as well! All the best to everyone with interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sorry to hear that guys! I hope you do better with your other choices :hugs:. May I just ask if you got it via email or your track was updated?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending