The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
hello everyone, how are we spending today?

I also have tomorrow off so once I type a letter up, im spending my rare free time on Battlefield 4 :smile:

History revision EPQ and photography coursework me thinks - PHOTOGRAPHY COURSEWORK IS IN FOR THE 31st of January :O #asdfjkl
Original post by Abarbs
That's soo cool I've always wanted to do that but I've settled for walking Hadrian's Wall

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I'm sooo excited!!! What charity are you doing that for? :smile:
Original post by SamsonMah
By the way, Do u think I should go straight up to my parent and tell them what i got ? or wait till they find out ?

Tell them straight up. The consequences will be much worse if they have to wait to fin out.
Reply 8323
Original post by techno836
hello everyone, how are we spending today?

I also have tomorrow off so once I type a letter up, im spending my rare free time on Battlefield 4 :smile:

Hey! I worked 9-5 today and had mocks last week so I have taken this weekend off of homework. I have one piece and a double free first thing tomorrow so will do it then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8324
Original post by mollyh77
I know I'm sooo excited!!! What charity are you doing that for? :smile:

I'm not entirely certain yet but probably a local special school which is under a lot of pressure at the moment how about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abarbs
I'm not entirely certain yet but probably a local special school which is under a lot of pressure at the moment how about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awhhh that's so nice :smile: Mine's for NICFC - Northern Ireland Cancer Fund for Children :biggrin:
The year 13's are beating us! :O
They have three threads and we still have one :mad:
Original post by Spacey368

We have 3, but then again, we're just the best year :smile:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
We have 3, but then again, we're just the best year :smile:

I disagree. Year 12 would beat you any day! :wink:
I disagree. Year 12 would beat you any day! :wink:

May I refer you to this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=46139374

Spoiler

Original post by mynameisntbobk

Immature year 13 :wink:
Immature year 13 :wink:

Can't argue with that haha
Reply 8332

Quality, not quantity :wink:
Urgh, chemistry mock tomorrow, and I'm feeling woefully under-prepared, even though I've done more or less nothing but chemistry since last Tuesday.
I'm so ****ed in Maths :colonhash: I feel like I understand the content - hell, I feel like the content is incomprehensibly simple, but my test scores don't seem to match up :dontknow: Statistics is a main point of contention for my department head, which is fair enough because I don't get that **** at all :lol:
Anyone doing History? need some help with structure for 12 and 24 mark aqa questions.... I got a B on the mock but wrote far too much and didn't do a 12 marker :smile:
Reply 8336
What do people think of taking up AS Maths along A2 Chemistry, Biology and History/Psychology?
Would I be mental having not done any maths for a year? Would the workload be ridiculous?

I kind of miss maths, but I wasn't naturally AMAZING at it (I got an A* at GCSE with help from a tutor).
Original post by Ava-
What do people think of taking up AS Maths along A2 Chemistry, Biology and History/Psychology?
Would I be mental having not done any maths for a year? Would the workload be ridiculous?

I kind of miss maths, but I wasn't naturally AMAZING at it (I got an A* at GCSE with help from a tutor).

I think of you wanted to do really well youd need to start revising gcse/ learning AS now. Also id hire that tutor again bur in the end its up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
French teachers grilled me :hide:
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm so ****ed in Maths :colonhash: I feel like I understand the content - hell, I feel like the content is incomprehensibly simple, but my test scores don't seem to match up :dontknow: Statistics is a main point of contention for my department head, which is fair enough because I don't get that **** at all :lol:

Same man. Worse, actually. I (thought I) used to be good at maths at GCSE. Now, I don't know if it's because of a combo of possibly bad teaching (seems to be working for everyone else) and poor motivation and lack of mathematical ability at this level - but I got a B in my last C1 mock - much to the amusement of my friends. Seriously, how am I ****ing up C1? :frown: It doesn't bode well for my overall AS.

Here I was, thinking I had a chance at Oxford. But now I guess I can forget about that completely.

Latest