The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CaptainJaneway

How's UCL in terms of accommodation, nightlife etc? :smile:

Nightlife in London is amazing, always makes me laugh when my friends at other uni's try to big theirs up.

Amazing variety from student nights with £1-£2 drinks playing basically all the most popular stuff, to some of the UK's biggest clubs like Fabric & Ministry of Sound. Then all the hipster and cooler clubs out in Shoreditch/Dalston etc which offer a more alternative scene. Mayfair clubs for if you are minted and want to mingle with the prince of Saudi Arabia. South London is always fun too and has quite a few cheap nights out.

If you are more into live music then there is everything from world famous Ronnie Scotts and Its Jazz to numerous Blues/Rock bars and obviously all the huge London music venues too.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Emily264
Thanks! :smile: 11th October. Good luck!!

Aha thanks! I applied in mid-November so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

You firming it then I assume?
Original post by betterthanhurts
Oh! A hall mate of mine does that at LSE and he's loving it! Hmm, I applied to Cambridge too but got rejected (for English). Though if you really like the Oxbridge prestige you might prefer it? I personally much prefer UCL's history being innovative and against traditions, so I know even if I got an offer from Cambridge I would choose UCL over it.

Where else have you got offers from at the moment?

I'm doing Linguistics but re-applying for English. (both UCL)

hi, I'm applying for linguistics (to UCL and others) - can you tell me why you're reapplying? is it the course, or is linguistics just not your thing?
Has anyone applied to mechanical engineering course in UCL gotten an offer back yet????
Original post by nicoletab
Did anyone get an offer for management science ?

Not yet, and this is really bothering, as there's only one month left until the announced Open Day. Applied on the 10th of December, did not receive any questionnaire, but mails regarding an Open Day on the 22nd of January, then one about it being moved in March.
Original post by lecornergirl
hi, I'm applying for linguistics (to UCL and others) - can you tell me why you're reapplying? is it the course, or is linguistics just not your thing?

Hey, I guess it's bit of both? I begin to like the course more than I did when I submitted the application. I realise I prefer Literature than language on its own (because the course at UCL is very scientific, not so much an arts subject really!) I also think it would be better to re-apply so I can have a decision to make because transfer was not possible cause the English course was oversubscribed.

I love it at UCL tho! Have always dreamt of going there and really enjoying myself!
Reply 3346
Original post by OssyTheDog
No problem. I'm not quite sure, actually. I've applied to Edinburgh, LSE, Durham, St. Andrews and UCL, and I have an offer from St. Andrews (which is the only reply I have as well, other than that LSE has asked me to sit the UGAA -- I guess/hope it's because I'm an international applicant).
I really like all of them, so I'll have to visit and see for myself if I get offers from other universities.

Where else did you apply?

God, that must be a little scary, but congrats on St Andrews! It's a great uni :smile: I applied to Cambridge (got an interview and then rejected) and I have offers from King's College London, Leeds and Sheffield. Just waiting on UCL. I think you've chosen pretty slow unis. Scotland and London often take their time replying and Durham are pretty slow too from what I've heard. I think most will get back to you this month :smile:
If I do get an offer from UCL, I won't know whether to go their or King's...
Reply 3347
Fellow law applicants- Has anyone received any email from UCL since you sent your application? Anyone have to do a questionnaire? Btw- When do they start handing out offers?
Reply 3348
Original post by betterthanhurts
Aha thanks! I applied in mid-November so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

You firming it then I assume?

Yeah I'll firm it. Have you had an interview yet?
Reply 3349
Just received an offer for Philosophy :smile: Yay!!
Original post by AliceHB
God, that must be a little scary, but congrats on St Andrews! It's a great uni :smile: I applied to Cambridge (got an interview and then rejected) and I have offers from King's College London, Leeds and Sheffield. Just waiting on UCL. I think you've chosen pretty slow unis. Scotland and London often take their time replying and Durham are pretty slow too from what I've heard. I think most will get back to you this month :smile:
If I do get an offer from UCL, I won't know whether to go their or King's...

Thanks!
The UGAA frightens me a bit, but it seems like a somewhat fun test, so I'm looking forwards to it.
I really like the modules offered at UCL and St. Andrews, so it might be a bit hard to choose if I get an offer from UCL.

Original post by AliceHB
Just received an offer for Philosophy :smile: Yay!!

Congratulations! Happy for you. Now, good look on choosing between King's and UCL. The philosophy course seems really good at both universities.
Reply 3351
For those who attended the Economics Open Day today, just wanna clarify
Did the professor say that if you firm UCL theyll be more flexible with the entry requirements??? (e.g A*A*B)
Received a question to answer today for my History application. It's not rejection so I'm happy! hah x)
Original post by It's James o.O
Received a question to answer today for my History application. It's not rejection so I'm happy! hah x)

That's a good sign! I got my offer for History 2 weeks after sending it back :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emily264
Yeah I'll firm it. Have you had an interview yet?

:smile: Great decision. The English course has quite few contact hours so good on you!

Nope, no invitation even. I'm not sure if they interview applicants who are seeking unconditional offers? Did you have an interview? What was it like?
Reply 3355
Does everyone receive a questionnaire? It appears to me that some get it earlier, some later... :confused:
Original post by A193
For those who attended the Economics Open Day today, just wanna clarify
Did the professor say that if you firm UCL theyll be more flexible with the entry requirements??? (e.g A*A*B)

He basically meant that if you get A*A*B and had it as firm, they are more likely to let you in than if you got that and insured but it depends on numbers.
Original post by Libertine96
He basically meant that if you get A*A*B and had it as firm, they are more likely to let you in than if you got that and insured but it depends on numbers.

Does that mean everyone who attended is 100000% guaranteed an offer?
Reply 3358
Original post by Hazard17
Does that mean everyone who attended is 100000% guaranteed an offer?

YESSSSSSSSSS!!! (I have an A* in maths already, so it has removed lots of pressure for me)
Original post by A193
YESSSSSSSSSS!!! (I have an A* in maths already, so it has removed lots of pressure for me)

Hahaha so what exactly did they say which makes you believe everyone is getting an offer? Word for word lool...I'm super paranoid about not getting one hahaha :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending