The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james1211
Well i got a text back off the girl wanting to meet next week for a coffe, feeling quite happy now :smile:

Reduced chocolate :teeth:

So much better than valentines day :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8761
Original post by Odd socks
So much better than valentines day :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally!
Reply 8762
Wish I wasn't here. I had worked out a cocktail of pills that could fairly safely get me to sleep but they won't give me anything like that in here. Think whilst I have been here I have averaged less than 2 hours sleep a day and most of that comes from when I first got here and they were heavily sedating me.

Even when I get out it will be the same old **** except i'll be in a hostel instead of a ward.

I just can't even see rationally why I shouldn't be depressed. Everything I have to be happy about is based on the fact that I currently have shelter and access to food. When I get out even that will be up in the air and even if it is sorted, I just feel like I have no capacity to communicate properly with anyone or enjoy anything.

Yeah, once I am free of psychiatrists I will eventually recover and get back to my normal self but then it is just a ticking time bomb till the merry go round starts up again.

Maybe I should find god or something and then if I come out with things people claim are inconsistent or delusional I can just claim it came from divine sources and they won't be able to just lock me up and claim I'm losing the plot.
Reply 8763
Just messed up and accidentally went on the wrong website to renew my passport. My mum lent me her card to pay for it but it wasn't actually the passport website, it was just one that prints out the forms and mails them to you and then charges you for it. Feel really guilty because I should have checked more closely and the website terms, which I didn't read before hand because why would you say I can't get a refund even though it's distance selling since they start processing immediately. I emailed straight away asking them to cancel my order and delete my information but I'm just on the verge of tears now.
Just really hope I can get it sorted in between work shifts on Monday. Absolute nightmare. Nevermind the fact that I was planning to pay for the holiday I'm going on with her in a couple of months not next month. So I'm going to have absolutely no money and I already owe people :/ Just so sick of this sort of thing happening. My anxiety has been playing up loads over the past few days and it's not helping that I don't really get days off to relax etc. Stuck in work tomorrow and have to convince my boss to give me a weekend off soon and I am dreading it. Then I have to show up somewhere on Tuesday and I won't be able to afford the money I need to take with me.
Feeling guilty that I'm happy my boyfriend is going away for a couple of weeks so I don't need to worry about seeing him etc while I'm sorting all this nonsense out.
Reply 8764
Original post by VaVe
Just messed up and accidentally went on the wrong website to renew my passport. My mum lent me her card to pay for it but it wasn't actually the passport website, it was just one that prints out the forms and mails them to you and then charges you for it. Feel really guilty because I should have checked more closely and the website terms, which I didn't read before hand because why would you say I can't get a refund even though it's distance selling since they start processing immediately. I emailed straight away asking them to cancel my order and delete my information but I'm just on the verge of tears now.
Just really hope I can get it sorted in between work shifts on Monday. Absolute nightmare. Nevermind the fact that I was planning to pay for the holiday I'm going on with her in a couple of months not next month. So I'm going to have absolutely no money and I already owe people :/ Just so sick of this sort of thing happening. My anxiety has been playing up loads over the past few days and it's not helping that I don't really get days off to relax etc. Stuck in work tomorrow and have to convince my boss to give me a weekend off soon and I am dreading it. Then I have to show up somewhere on Tuesday and I won't be able to afford the money I need to take with me.
Feeling guilty that I'm happy my boyfriend is going away for a couple of weeks so I don't need to worry about seeing him etc while I'm sorting all this nonsense out.

Like you say it's distance selling therefore it's covered by regulations that state you have a seven day cooling off period even if you've received the goods and payment has processed. Legally they must give you a refund no questions asked if you request it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bad day ... :angry:

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Yeah that link sound good - might help thanks :smile:. I'm trying to kind of live my life more. I feel like I'm existing more than living right now, and I want that to stop. I don't want to be wasting my life. I'm trying to make things better, but nothing much seems to work. I am looking at getting a job and learning some new hobbies and stuff. One thing that's really triggered me is that I saw this girl - don't know her well but she goes to my school. She started driving lessons 2 months before me, and she's passed and has a car. She has a boyfriend and a part time job and her grades are good. It made me realise how little I do - I feel like I'm an awful driver because she's passed and I'm nowhere's near ready, and she can afford a car and I can't. I know it's stupid jealousy but I feel like I'm missing out on life because I don't do very much and I'm not interesting or anything.

Honestly: Why are you jealous of somebody wasting his money on a car? (I mean, it doesn't sound as you need the car? Correct me, if I am wrong.) I know, you are very young and it might seem to you, that if you miss out on that, you will miss out on anything, but honestly: No, you won't. There are many things which are important or better said ideal to do at your age, but you can trust me: working part-time and own a car is not and won't stop you to get a good education. Just focus on your grades, get better in the areas which are important for you and earn social experiences, which of course can be by working part-time, but don't do it just to afford something you might not need.

Are you honestly not doing very much? I mean honestly missing out on things which are very, very important for you?

PS.: Good luck with the driving lessons!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8766
Original post by VaVe
Just messed up and accidentally went on the wrong website to renew my passport. My mum lent me her card to pay for it but it wasn't actually the passport website, it was just one that prints out the forms and mails them to you and then charges you for it. Feel really guilty because I should have checked more closely and the website terms, which I didn't read before hand because why would you say I can't get a refund even though it's distance selling since they start processing immediately.

Just quickly - was it a credit card?

If so, don't deal with the company that scammed you, just report it to the credit card company as a scam and then the credit card company will refund the payment to you and it will be up to the scammers to prove to the credit card company everything was legit. Nine times out of ten, they won't bother and you will keep your money.

Passport and loan 'brokers' who skin people up like that are two of the biggest business online scams at the moment. One of the loan ones tried to skin me up and that was a debit card so I thought I was screwed but luckily, the transaction didn't go through cos there wasn't enough money and as they tried to hammer it for smaller amounts, the fraud team blocked the card and called me and I was able to cancel the card and get a new one before they could successfully suck out any cash.
Original post by -FireFlies-
Why would they though :rolleyes: I'm a nobody remember :tongue:

How are you?

:hugs: exactly how I've been feeling for ages now. Just cannot carry on anymore. I don't know if it actually is worth it.. There's no point at all.. Just can't do it.. Don't deserve to live anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how painful it is :sadnod: I really, truly do, and my heart goes out to you. But the pain, however intense is ultimately temporary. Hang on in there hun :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
I kinda wish they hadn't noticed because now they're going to want proof and this means I'm actually going to have to go to the doctors and stuff, which makes me feel even more sick.

Yeaah I know, hopefully it'll be fine

Thank you! I hope so too, I can't keep hiding away I suppose. I'm just nervous at the fact that they're gunna want evidence etc and I'm gunna have to speak to a councillor or go to the doctors. Which I know is a good thing but I get nervous easily at talking to people about myself, and the fact my family will have to know eventually. This is not good for my health with all the nerves and emotions.

Original post by SweetNothing
I kinda wish they hadn't noticed because now they're going to want proof and this means I'm actually going to have to go to the doctors and stuff, which makes me feel even more sick.

Yeaah I know, hopefully it'll be fine

Thank you! I hope so too, I can't keep hiding away I suppose. I'm just nervous at the fact that they're gunna want evidence etc and I'm gunna have to speak to a councillor or go to the doctors. Which I know is a good thing but I get nervous easily at talking to people about myself, and the fact my family will have to know eventually. This is not good for my health with all the nerves and emotions.

Spoiler

Original post by Nathanielle
Bad day ... :angry:

Honestly: Why are you jealous of somebody wasting his money on a car? (I mean, it doesn't sound as you need the car? Correct me, if I am wrong.) I know, you are very young and it might seem to you, that if you miss out on that, you will miss out on anything, but honestly: No, you won't. There are many things which are important or better said ideal to do at your age, but you can trust me: working part-time and own a car is not and won't stop you to get a good education. Just focus on your grades, get better in the areas which are important for you and earn social experiences, which of course can be by working part-time, but don't do it just to afford something you might not need.

Are you honestly not doing very much? I mean honestly missing out on things which are very, very important for you?

PS.: Good luck with the driving lessons!

:hugs: Sorry you had a bad day.
My good mood of earlier has dissipated :frown: feeling rather low and lonely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8771

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's tiring maintaining a positive mood isnt it :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: anything you were doing earlier that cheered you up that you can do again maybe? I think I was able to rep one of your posts in that thread btw :smile:
It's tiring maintaining a positive mood isnt it :hugs:

:hugs: Yeah :sadnod: I think my room being a bit of a mess isn't helping my mood, need to blitz it tomorrow :yep:

Original post by SciFiRory
:console: anything you were doing earlier that cheered you up that you can do again maybe? I think I was able to rep one of your posts in that thread btw :smile:

:hugs: not really, going for a walk helps but it's too late at night for that.. Going to watch some happy programmes on netflix and see if that helps :smile:

Ooh thanks! I think I tried to rep you, not sure if it let me though. I stopped watching the thread as all the ignorance was making me annoyed haha :tongue:
Reply 8774
:hugs: Yeah :sadnod: I think my room being a bit of a mess isn't helping my mood, need to blitz it tomorrow :yep:

For me that's one thing that really makes my mood dive. Then it becomes harder to find the motivation to tidy it. I end up having to do a bit at a time.
:hugs: not really, going for a walk helps but it's too late at night for that.. Going to watch some happy programmes on netflix and see if that helps :smile:

Ooh thanks! I think I tried to rep you, not sure if it let me though. I stopped watching the thread as all the ignorance was making me annoyed haha :tongue:

ah okay, tv shows sound good :smile: need to watch Netflix myself soon, new season of House of Cards :biggrin:

I lost count of all the reps I got haha, one of those threads that makes me miss neg rep a bit lol, had to report a few posts though, have to restrain myself at times from just screaming at people :tongue:
Reply 8776
Like you say it's distance selling therefore it's covered by regulations that state you have a seven day cooling off period even if you've received the goods and payment has processed. Legally they must give you a refund no questions asked if you request it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I figured but their terms state that since it's processed as soon as payment has gone through it counts as a service that is started and concluded before the cooling off period. I'm going to be going at it from they yeah but it's 9pm on Saturday there's no way anything was happening before i cancelled it but who knows if that'll work. Failing that it might be a case of making some phone calls etc.

Original post by Jay84

If so, don't deal with the company that scammed you, just report it to the credit card company as a scam and then the credit card company will refund the payment to you and it will be up to the scammers to prove to the credit card company everything was legit. Nine times out of ten, they won't bother and you will keep your money.

Passport and loan 'brokers' who skin people up like that are two of the biggest business online scams at the moment. One of the loan ones tried to skin me up and that was a debit card so I thought I was screwed but luckily, the transaction didn't go through cos there wasn't enough money and as they tried to hammer it for smaller amounts, the fraud team blocked the card and called me and I was able to cancel the card and get a new one before they could successfully suck out any cash.

Debit card and there was definitely enough money in the account.
Original post by VaVe

The website terms and conditions can't overrule local law, and if it wasn't clear on their website they would charge a fee for applying for you, they might have breached various regulations. Hopefully they agree to give you a refund, if they don't then possibly contact CAB / someone who can help legally.

Original post by Jay84

This is good advice :yy:

It can also apply to debit cards, although it is much harder to get your bank to do a 'chargeback' - they might do if the company clearly misled you (I have had a chargeback for a debit card done twice, one time it was very clear cut (completely unknown payments), the other time a company charged me for something that I didn't authorise them to. If the company doesn't refund you, go to your mums bank as soon as you can, and see if they can help you, if not, get advice from CAB/etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SciFiRory
ah okay, tv shows sound good :smile: need to watch Netflix myself soon, new season of House of Cards :biggrin:

I lost count of all the reps I got haha, one of those threads that makes me miss neg rep a bit lol, had to report a few posts though, have to restrain myself at times from just screaming at people :tongue:

For me that's one thing that really makes my mood dive. Then it becomes harder to find the motivation to tidy it. I end up having to do a bit at a time.

I'm watching some comedy now, maybe that'll help.

I'm having this crazy feeling that I should go work abroad this summer, don't know whether i'm brave enough though, plus i've got an exam resit in august :/
one of my flatmates is bullying me. I don't need this

Latest