The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheekypig
does anyone know how many rejections have already been sent out and how many rejections left to go???

Edinburgh said today around 60% of applications have been "processed to UCAS"...and considering there have been no offers as of yet, its safe to assume that means 60% of the original 2700 ish applicants have been rejected.

There are 300 ish offers given out, and roughly 1000-1100 people left in the game, so a fair few rejections are still to come! Probably even some in the next few hours...yaaaay :tongue:
Original post by Dr. Django
o.O if he was top 150 undergraduate he'd get an offer!?

Was he an international or a postgrad?

international. I should highlight bout that. :colondollar:
Edinburgh said today around 60% of applications have been "processed to UCAS"...and considering there have been no offers as of yet, its safe to assume that means 60% of the original 2700 ish applicants have been rejected.

There are 300 ish offers given out, and roughly 1000-1100 people left in the game, so a fair few rejections are still to come! Probably even some in the next few hours...yaaaay :tongue:

any offers yet or only rejections?
Original post by racheljulia
any offers yet or only rejections?

As far as I'm aware only rejections have been given out thus far!
Reply 1384
Rejection today guys! Does anybody know the email to ask for feedback? Good luck to anyone still in the game not long now
Reply 1385
Anybody here said earlier that he got rejected and he was in TOP 600 according to feedback. How do they know that he was in top 600 if they processed only 60%?
Original post by Becky.96
Rejection today guys! Does anybody know the email to ask for feedback? Good luck to anyone still in the game not long now

It should be the same one they used for the rejection - [email protected]
Reply 1387
Original post by Asklepios
It should be the same one they used for the rejection - [email protected]

Thankyou!
Reply 1388
Original post by Gretka
Anybody here said earlier that he got rejected and he was in TOP 600 according to feedback. How do they know that he was in top 600 if they processed only 60%?

I don't think their rejecting in the order from worst to best that was just someones suggestion.
Thankyou!

did they reject through EUCLID as well? maybe you could send a message there
Reply 1390

Yeah but it's okay I emailed them. Their currently out of office

I wouldn't bother - just stick to e-mail, I doubt they even check EUCLID messages. E-mail is always a safe bet :smile:
Reply 1392
I don't think their rejecting in the order from worst to best that was just someones suggestion.

But in feedback they tell you that you were in TOP something out of 2700 and they only take 300. Somebody here said that he was in Top 600. How does Edinburgh know that if they haven't assessed all applicants yet?
Reply 1393
Original post by Gretka
But in feedback they tell you that you were in TOP something out of 2700 and they only take 300. Somebody here said that he was in Top 600. How does Edinburgh know that if they haven't assessed all applicants yet?

They've assessed all applicants their going back over them and then offering rejections i presume.
Original post by Gretka

They've PROCESSED TO UCAS 60% of the applications, however, that doesn't mean they've only assessed 60%! I imagine they've almost assessed everybody by now, but they can't send all the rejections out at once if you get me?
Reply 1395
They've PROCESSED TO UCAS 60% of the applications, however, that doesn't mean they've only assessed 60%! I imagine they've almost assessed everybody by now, but they can't send all the rejections out at once if you get me?

Ok, I see. Thank you! :smile:
they say they have processed around 60% of applications now to UCAS, does that include rejections that were sent out today by any chance?? if the 60% does include rejections today, then I guess there are still 800 rejections still to go if I hv done my maths right???
Original post by cheekypig
they say they have processed around 60% of applications now to UCAS, does that include rejections that were sent out today by any chance?? if the 60% does include rejections today, then I guess there are still 800 rejections still to go if I hv done my maths right???

If it does include ones today then yeah you are correct :smile: It probably does mean ones sent today as usually there is a delay between sending the decision off and ucas displaying it!
any news from anyone?
Original post by KitKat123
any news from anyone?

I just received my rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending