The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Reply 4241
I don't usually support Tottenham (or Dnipro) but I did want Tottenham to win pre-match, unfortunately I changed my mind after that red card. I hate when matches are decided by referees and not football, except that happens so often that it is part of football. You can't blame Tottenham for taking their chance and winning the game but what Vertonghen did was just bullcrap. Even when referees make mistakes in favour of teams I do support, I feel uneasy and annoyed especially if it decided the match. I watch football for the entertainment and although I always want my teams to win, I prefer a fair and interesting match even if that means we lost because the other team played better.

/rant over. ^^
Reply 4242
Manu Adebayoorrrr

COYS.

Everyone be jelly we got through :smile:
Reply 4243
Original post by 419
Wow. The media sure do love you guys. So, very goes and put his head on a Dnipro players, plays acts to make Chico Flores proud and gets the Dnipro player sent off. Andy Townsend goes and call the Dnipro player stupid.

Still not as bad as his 'YES' for your equaliser.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So this. I was laughing my head off when I saw they were losing at home. Ran downstairs and turned the TV on to enjoy Spurs getting humiliated only for Townsend to arse lick Tottenham on a whole new level! I can't believe you call that a headbutt. The way a 6"2 ripped footballer falls to the ground was hilarious though.

Tbf though Townsend bum licks every English team. It's really annoying.

Dnipro were robbed imo. Spuds got lucky.
Original post by Basiji
So this. I was laughing my head off when I saw they were losing at home. Ran downstairs and turned the TV on to enjoy Spurs getting humiliated only for Townsend to arse lick Tottenham on a whole new level! I can't believe you call that a headbutt. The way a 6"2 ripped footballer falls to the ground was hilarious though.

Tbf though Townsend bum licks every English team. It's really annoying.

Dnipro were robbed imo. Spuds got lucky.

It makes sense really. ITV know with the Europa League especially, 90% of people watching are probably supporting whatever English team is playing rather than just watching as neutrals. And telling people what they want to hear tends to make them more likely to keep watching/listening.
Reply 4245
Original post by Saoirse:3
It makes sense really. ITV know with the Europa League especially, 90% of people watching are probably supporting whatever English team is playing rather than just watching as neutrals. And telling people what they want to hear tends to make them more likely to keep watching/listening.

Yea I agree but commentators still gotta be neutral. Not even that I'd expect a little bias in the commentating since they're English themselves and it's only natural but shouting 'YES' when Spurs score and trying to justify this was a red card and calling him a stupid boy just takes the piss and makes it incredibly hard to watch and cringeworthy to listen to even if I was a Spurs fan. I'd be embarrassed.

[video="youtube;yzvT7YGZY9k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvT7YGZY9k[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Basiji
Yea I agree but commentators still gotta be neutral. Not even that I'd expect a little bias in the commentating since they're English themselves and it's only natural but shouting 'YES' when Spurs score and trying to justify this was a red card and calling him a stupid boy just takes the piss and makes it incredibly hard to watch and cringeworthy to listen to even if I was a Spurs fan. I'd be embarrassed.

[video="youtube;yzvT7YGZY9k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvT7YGZY9k[/video]

As a Spurs fan, I was on this occasion like many others far more concerned with how determined we seemed to **** up an easy draw than with the bias of the commentary :tongue:
Reply 4247
As a Spurs fan, I was on this occasion like many others far more concerned with how determined we seemed to **** up an easy draw than with the bias of the commentary :tongue:

You should know it's never easy supporting Spurs!

I absolutely hate the commentary on ITV. That said, I agree.. I was more concerned about us making a pig's ear out of it than the atrocious commentary :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tomothy
You should know it's never easy supporting Spurs!

I absolutely hate the commentary on ITV. That said, I agree.. I was more concerned about us making a pig's ear out of it than the atrocious commentary :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it all too well, but it makes it all the sweeter on nights like last night when we make it as difficult as humanly possible for ourselves and still pull it off :biggrin:
Reply 4249
I know it all too well, but it makes it all the sweeter on nights like last night when we make it as difficult as humanly possible for ourselves and still pull it off :biggrin:

Yup, indeed :biggrin:
Do you go to WHL much? I haven't been in far too long, but I was at Old Trafford on January 1st :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tomothy
Yup, indeed :biggrin:
Do you go to WHL much? I haven't been in far too long, but I was at Old Trafford on January 1st :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to for most home matches, but much less often now I'm at uni. How was Old Trafford? I've heard the views terrible but it must've been great anyway seeing us beat them there :biggrin:
Reply 4251
I used to for most home matches, but much less often now I'm at uni. How was Old Trafford? I've heard the views terrible but it must've been great anyway seeing us beat them there :biggrin:

I was actually in the United end- my girlfriend's dad is a United fan, so I was with him- so I had to keep quiet which was tough of course, but it was really good actually :smile: his face when Eriksen scored said it all really haha!
Reply 4253
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26484414

Ridiculous it got that far in the first place. People shouldn't have their life ruined over something that doesn't offend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Big game today. Managed to sneak a ticket as virtually no ST holders applied. Can't wait, going to be boozy.

Going to lose though.
Dear oh dear lads :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guess who returns for the game at white hart lane next week then chaps?

Spoiler

Can't believe I'm saying this. I wanted you lot from White Hart Lane to beat Chelsea. Hopefully we punish you next week for you lot failing to beat Chelsea.
Original post by James2810
Can't believe I'm saying this. I wanted you lot from White Hart Lane to beat Chelsea. Hopefully we punish you next week for you lot failing to beat Chelsea.

Hopefully spurs will punish you lot for wanting them to punish Chelsea. :smile:

KTBFFH
Reply 4259
If you haven't seen it already, then Id advise having a watch of Tim Sherwood's interview. Not sure what to make of that really, a manager coming out and slating his players like that, saying he can't trust some of them... That's the sort of thing that's kept quiet by a good manager when disaster strikes. He seems to give the impression that at least some of them don't care at all, they'll forget the match by the time they're driving home! Interesting watch.

Quick Reply

Latest