Original post by haylodge
OFFER. Yah Scottish applicant

Boom! Two Scottish offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 941
Do they send all responses at once?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 942
offer, so relieved cause it was my last chance! sorry to those who didn't get one :frown:
Reply 943
Original post by eliza.louise.mc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Where else have you got offers from?
Reply 944
Rejected by queens but I have biomed there and an offer from UEA!
Reply 945
aberdeen, Queens and Hyms
Reply 946
Original post by eliza.louise.mc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you firming Queens?
Reply 947
Original post by somaliya
Thanks, just don't understand why I was rejected cos
I thought the interview went okay..

Yeah, I had an interview at Sheffield that I thought went so well and go rejected from there, it's so disappointing when it happens.
Reply 948
Original post by ashu12345678
I am in the same boat as you...Three years constant rejection. Very disheartened :'(

It's horrible but just try again next year, if you really want it you can get it! Just keep trying.
Original post by jonesnm07
It's horrible but just try again next year, if you really want it you can get it! Just keep trying.

I will not stop trying. I am a qualified nurse and will continue to apply, apply and apply until I get in. I will not let anyone take my dream job away from me just with 12 straight rejections, I have had over three times applying.

Thank you for the support :frown:
Offer! and since ive been rejected from everything else i will for firming this! See you lucky lot in september! xox
Reply 951
Unconditional offer! See you all Queen's students in September!

To those that didn't make, again just keep trying. Maybe take a gap year. I took 3 when I left school! :smile:
Reply 952
I will not stop trying. I am a qualified nurse and will continue to apply, apply and apply until I get in. I will not let anyone take my dream job away from me just with 12 straight rejections, I have had over three times applying.

That's what they want.. they'll take notice if you keep trying. I know someone who applied 7 years in a row and were about to give up when they got it. It's harsh but once you get it it sounds like you'll make an amazing doctor :smile:!
This is to advise that final analysis will be undertaken over the coming weekend and international Medical decisions will be processed on Monday 31 March 2014. This is to ensure that we make the maximum number of offers possible, and we apologise that it was not possible to release these at the same time as Home and EU decisions.

Admissions and Access Service
Queen's University Belfast
Just got rejected :frown:
It was the only interview i made it to because the unexpected death of my brother in January.
So so disheartened, don't know what to do :frown:
Reply 955
Original post by QUB: Admissions
This is to advise that final analysis will be undertaken over the coming weekend and international Medical decisions will be processed on Monday 31 March 2014. This is to ensure that we make the maximum number of offers possible, and we apologise that it was not possible to release these at the same time as Home and EU decisions.

Will the offers be released on Monday or will it be later?
Reply 956
Original post by QUB: Admissions

Also does that mean that no international offers have been released at all so far?
Reply 957
Yup international applicant here. No emails yet. Just got a Cardiff offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a second year medic and I know plenty of people who have reapplied and got in. Also from being a PS helper I have realised that the only way to increase your chances of getting in next year is to be extremely critical of yourself to figure out what happened. It can only really be a few things

Uni choice -- Didn't meet basic criteria.
UKCAT - score not high enough to meet cut off
Personal statement - Doesn't show clear intent/reasoning/work experience/ extracurricular or could be possibly just average relative to the pool of applicants. I think the most important part of a personal statement is clear intent and also originality - the stories about relatives or childhood illnesses really dont come off that well but I think this doesn't apply in your case.

If you made it to interview more than >3/4 times then great - the previous things are all fine -- Something you did at interview caused concern such as again intent/qualities expected of a doctor... You are a qualified nurse so you should have all the professionalism/empathy and communication skills so I would definitely think about how you present yourself in other domains such as scientist + scholar and also work-life balance.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 959
Completely blanked at two stations and still managed to get an unconditional offer, I'm positive it's a miracle! I just wish it had of came sooner so I could of withdrawn from my other 3 medical schools before they gave me my offers! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending