The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

ASK the Official Kingston Rep

Hi.
If you have any questions about Kingston University, then you can ask them here and we will do our best to reply within two weeks.
Kind regards
Kingston Official Rep.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, my status for halls is still pending. Is it likely that I will be allocated to halls? If not, how do you recommend searching for private accommodation?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Can I skip the freshers week? and just go to KU when the lessons officially start?
Reply 3
Original post by gerraldd
Can I skip the freshers week? and just go to KU when the lessons officially start?

Erm well you need to enrol though, but other than that you don't have to do anything else.

Any particular reason why you don't?
Original post by Mooniie
Hello, my status for halls is still pending. Is it likely that I will be allocated to halls? If not, how do you recommend searching for private accommodation?

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that. I hope you have had a response by now.
If you need to look for private accommodation then I would suggest you sign up to our student to student noticeboard and daily vacancy list. The student to student noticeboard will enable you to find other students looking for rooms/ flat mates and the daily vacancy list is a list of available private accommodation which is (as it say on the tin...) updated daily with new properties. The benefit of this is that to be on the list all landlords etc have to sign up to a code of standards. For more details on these and also some more help on finding private accommodation see the accommodation website: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/private-accommodation/

Hope that helps and hope you enjoy Freshers week!
Kind regards
Kerrie

Hi There,
Yes you can skip freshers week although you will still need to attend the induction and enrolment sessions for your course - which often take place throughout freshers week.
Many of our students have said Freshers week is the best time to meet friends and get settled so if you can make it along - even if just for a day or two I would highly recommend it. A number of our student ambassadors who did not make Freshers week mention it as one of their biggest regrets!
If you have any concerns or any more questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 6

tbh I'd like to do the same thing :/
Reply 7
Hi,

I'm transferring to Kingston University and starting next week.

I will be commuting (driving) to the Penrhyn road campus, as it is only a 20 min drive compared to 1 hour on the bus. I was wondering if there was any student parking on this campus?!

I seem to only find information of parking space on the Kingston Hill Campus.

Kind Regards.
Reply 8
Original post by swifty0780
Hi,

I'm transferring to Kingston University and starting next week.

I will be commuting (driving) to the Penrhyn road campus, as it is only a 20 min drive compared to 1 hour on the bus. I was wondering if there was any student parking on this campus?!

I seem to only find information of parking space on the Kingston Hill Campus.

Kind Regards.

only pay parking in penhyrn road for students :biggrin:

but you can park like 10-15 mins away for free and walk if you dont mind thats what i do anyways lol good warm up in the morning
Reply 9
No thats great! can you tell me where exactly? Because all I find are to possibly park have yellow lines!
Reply 10
If I start my MSc in January, will I end in the following December ?
Original post by Raiton
If I start my MSc in January, will I end in the following December ?

Hi
It will depend from course to course so you will need to speak to the admissions department for the course you are specifically thinking of applying to - but a general rule of thumb is they take 15 months to complete (this is because of the extended summer break) - compared to a September starting course which generally takes 12 months.

Hope that helps
Kind regards
Kerrie
Original post by Kingston University
Hi.
If you have any questions about Kingston University, then you can ask them here and we will do our best to reply within two weeks.
Kind regards
Kingston Official Rep.

Hiya, I wanted to ask what are the required grades at GCSE for someone wanting to study psychology at KU? And what subjects are required to take at A-levels to increase the chances of getting into KU and studying psychology? thanks :smile:
Hi there and Happy New Year!

In answer to your question - you need to have a minimum Mathematics and English Language (grade A*–C required). A- Level wise I would suggest you take ones that most interest you. There are no specific requirements to study certain A Levels to study Psychology at Kingston - although if you do study it at A Level you will be required to get a grade C or above.

To increase your chances of a place - think about tying to get some work experience, as this will give you something to discuss on your personal statement and help show you are keen and interested - especially if that work experience is linked to Psychology somehow (ie working/volunteering with special needs children, adults or assisting a Psychologist. There are a couple of more suggestions in the following thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=265006

If you have any other questions - then you could have a chat with some of our current students that study Psychology at Kingston via our ASK US site Cheryl, Gemma, Jami and Melissa. They may be able to give you examples of the subjects they took at A Level!

Hope that helps and if you have any other questions, please get back in touch!
Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 14
Helloo! How much does the 'average' Kingston University student spend per week?
Original post by Rory456
Helloo! How much does the 'average' Kingston University student spend per week?

Hi there,
That is a fairly hard question to answer as it really depends on the student, course and their lifestyle. We have a sample budget on our website you can have a look at, but the best way to see what our students spend is to ask them! There are a number of ways you could do this - our students will be out and about at Higher Education and UCAS fairs over the next few months, they are also available on our campus tours or at our open events to chat with. Finally there is also our ASK US site where you can read their blogs about managing their money and ask them questions about student life.

I hope that helps,
Kind regards
Kerrie
If you have been made an offer by Kingston and have not yet had a chance to look around the university - our next Taste KU event is this Saturday 5th April.
For more information and to book your place - visit: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/opendays/post-applicant-open-days/
We look forward to seeing you!
Original post by Kingston University
Hi.
Kind regards
Kingston Official Rep.

Hi

I haven't firmed my place to study fine art at Kingston yet but starting to consider and rank the accommodations i should apply to. I will be at the Knights Park campus and wondered where the majority of students were living? The en-suit room at clayhill is about £120 a week which is the price and facilities i would want - which other halls i should look at that may be closer to the campus, cheaper, or have more going on at?

I would appreciate any advice, as i will probably not get a chance to visit any of the accommodation. Thanks!
Original post by Pykettlaura
Hi

I haven't firmed my place to study fine art at Kingston yet but starting to consider and rank the accommodations i should apply to. I will be at the Knights Park campus and wondered where the majority of students were living? The en-suit room at clayhill is about £120 a week which is the price and facilities i would want - which other halls i should look at that may be closer to the campus, cheaper, or have more going on at?

I would appreciate any advice, as i will probably not get a chance to visit any of the accommodation. Thanks!

Hi there!
In terms of the closest accommodation for Knights Park then you are looking at Middle Mill which is literally on the doorstep of Knights Park - however it has shared bathrooms -so if you are looking for en-suite facilities then you might want to also look at Seething Wells. Clayhill is also a good option -with quite a few Art and Design students opting to stay there. The other option is Kingston Bridge House which is about a 15 minute walk through town so in a fantastic location for enjoying all Kingston has to offer, but again is not en-suite rooms.

If you want some student input on the different types of halls then have you tried ASK US ? You can find art and design students on there - and they will share their experiences with you. For example Emma (a Fine Art graduate) wrote a blog that mentions her time at Clayhill. Hope that helps.
Kerrie
Reply 19
Could someone please tell me if you can study abroad with your psychology degree in kingston

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending