The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Primary teaching at university of Cumbria Lancaster

Hi,
I'm staring primary teaching in September at the lancaster campus. Just wondering if anyone else is?
Reply 1
Original post by Rmurphy17
Hi,
I'm staring primary teaching in September at the lancaster campus. Just wondering if anyone else is?

I'm waiting to apply to hopefully go this September, I can't apply till I've done my ten days work experience which is annoying as that won't happen till the beginning of May. But I hope to be there in September!
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Reply 2
Hi,

Hey,

I've just accepted an offer for Primary Teaching with SEN. Have you chosen your accommodation yet? (If you're living in the halls of residence!)
Reply 3
Hey! I have my interview at lancaster for primary 5-11 on Wednesday and im hoping to be there in september too! Also will be moving there!

Mel
Reply 4
Hi,
I'm due to study general primary at the Lancaster campus this September too! I'm hopefully staying at pointer house which is a post grad halls. Have any of you sorted accommodation/ where are you staying?
Reply 5
Hey! I was going to have a look at accommodation after my interview, I want to go into post grad halls too! Do we have to apply pretty much now for a room?
Reply 6
Have a look at pointer house. It is right beside the uni so really handy for going to class etc. and only post grads which is even better! I went to see them last week and I thought they were great. Applying for them tomorrow :smile:
Reply 7
Ah awesome! sounds really good just by your description lol!
Ive just had a look too, nice own garden too! I think i'll apply if i get a place!!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I've applied for mill hall as my first option at the lancaster campus. I'm so excited to start. Has anyone passed their skills tests???
Reply 9
Original post by melwri
Hey! I have my interview at lancaster for primary 5-11 on Wednesday and im hoping to be there in september too! Also will be moving there!

Mel

I'm hoping to stay in halls too. I was so scared for my interview but everyone's really friendly.
Reply 10
Original post by sophreidy
Hey,

I've just accepted an offer for Primary Teaching with SEN. Have you chosen your accommodation yet? (If you're living in the halls of residence!)

Hi, yes I've chosen mill hall as my first choice. It's the one off campus but I wanted to go self-catered.
Reply 11
Original post by DanPos91
I'm waiting to apply to hopefully go this September, I can't apply till I've done my ten days work experience which is annoying as that won't happen till the beginning of May. But I hope to be there in September!

Have u been to ur interview??
Reply 12
I'm hoping to stay in halls too. I was so scared for my interview but everyone's really friendly.

Hey do you have your interview this Wednesday?
Reply 13
Original post by melwri
Hey do you have your interview this Wednesday?

No I had It a few months ago. For the writing task u can take as many notes as you want. It's one piece of work and as well as writing the points and skills the article states you have to say how it relates to you and the skills you have which will make you a good teacher. Ull be fine u get put with a small group of people for the task where u have to talk about the object you brought in. I suggest knowing which area of development ur item supports. For example literacy skills or social development. Then u do an individual interview for about 15 minutes. They give support for the skills tests but it's only letting you have a go at one and talking about whats included in it. You don't have to stay for that.
Reply 14
Have u been to ur interview??

No I've not even applied yet >_< I can't apply till I've got the work experience or they won't consider my application
Has anybody had the mini teach at interview? What's the whole experience like?

I'm a little nervous!
Reply 16
Hey, I'm a little late coming to this, but starting a PGCE at UoC in Lancaster in sept. Thinking about moving in to a share house as I've done the halls thing and prefer an actual house. Anybody else thinking this? Feel free to PM me and we can get to know each other before sept :smile: Emma
Original post by emmaob3
Hey, I'm a little late coming to this, but starting a PGCE at UoC in Lancaster in sept. Thinking about moving in to a share house as I've done the halls thing and prefer an actual house. Anybody else thinking this? Feel free to PM me and we can get to know each other before sept :smile: Emma

me too :smile: Im toying with two possibilities atm but a house share is seeming more l8kely now. I'll message you now :smile:

-Nic x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending