The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton University 2nd year accommodation

Hi all,

I am going into my first year at Roehampton Uni September 2013 (if i get my grades that is!) and basically i just want to know about accommodation after the first year, obviously in first year, you are put into halls of residence and after that I'm guessing you find a flat/house with friends, I'm just wondering how expensive it is? Being London i would guess quite expensive, but I'm wondering if any of you know?

Thanks all!
Reply 1
Second and third years can apply for campus accommodation in Mount Clare, a site that's 10-15 minutes off the main campus. Of course, you can always apply to be a flat representative in the 2nd and 3rd years, which allow you to stay on the main campus. Otherwise, you can get a decent place around the uni for ~£85 a week and upwards, not including electricity, etc, but often £100+
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
hey. I'm at Roehampton finding my 2nd year accommodation! :smile:

Most of us find accommodation through studentpad roehampton which is really good and you just find a small group to fill a house/flat. sometimes you can find ones for about £80 a week per room including bills but they range up to about £150 depending on how big the room is or the location. you usually have to pay a deposit of about £250 (like in halls) to secure a house. I think the average rent is about £420 a month which is cheaper than halls.

some students carry on living in halls and most 2/3rd years end up in Mount Clare which is off campus but still uni halls. It's decent accommodation but not as great as the other halls. Since London students get a bigger maintenance loan the rent shouldn't be a problem (I get the minimum possible loan but still afford a £115 a week room so it's perfectly doable if you aren't overly fussy).

Just a heads up... Froebel is the best college accommodation and Roehampton uni life is great. you'll love it!
Reply 3
I'm also going into my second year and I have found a house with 3 friends,
The rooms are different prices depending on the size... from £105-£120 per week excluding bills and it is about a 10 minute walk away from the university.
The rooms that people have got for a lot less (£80 ish) are all on Danebury Avenue which is part of a rough estate which I wouldnt recommend walking through at night so if you want to feel safe, you have to pay between £100-£120 per week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending