The Student Room Group
Leeds Conservatoire
Leeds

Anyone here study in Leeds College of Music?

I received a conditional offer for Jazz in 14-15, and wondering which student accommodation is suit for me, since Joseph stone is very expensive, is there any suggestion with a reasonable price and good service. I'm look at some like opal3, liberty dock, iq, carr mills..etc

Also is there any one had apply for Lcom this year??
Reply 1
Original post by ontszkiu
I received a conditional offer for Jazz in 14-15, and wondering which student accommodation is suit for me, since Joseph stone is very expensive, is there any suggestion with a reasonable price and good service. I'm look at some like opal3, liberty dock, iq, carr mills..etc

Hi, I;ve also applied and got an offer which I've made my firm. Also in Jazz. I got a place in the Joseph Stone house, cheapest option possible. I worked it out that the student finance can pay all of my rent due to the quarterly payment that the finance and rent is paid in.

When I went for my audition I did speak to some third years, they told me that mostly everyone stays in that accomodation in the first year. Once they get used to the area, make friends and so on they look for other accommodation in the second year and share it out, so the cost begins to decrease.
What instrument do you play and where are you from ?
Leeds Conservatoire
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by ML94
Hi, I;ve also applied and got an offer which I've made my firm. Also in Jazz. I got a place in the Joseph Stone house, cheapest option possible. I worked it out that the student finance can pay all of my rent due to the quarterly payment that the finance and rent is paid in.

When I went for my audition I did speak to some third years, they told me that mostly everyone stays in that accomodation in the first year. Once they get used to the area, make friends and so on they look for other accommodation in the second year and share it out, so the cost begins to decrease.
What instrument do you play and where are you from ?

Hi, I've already firmed too, I play guitar and from Hong Kong, how about u?, i am still thinking for the accommodation...maybe we can exchange facebook to chat
Reply 3
Hi, I've already firmed too, I play guitar and from Hong Kong, how about u?, i am still thinking for the accommodation...maybe we can exchange facebook to chat

Hey, I'm a bass player. Add me on Facebook -
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Hey I've got a conditional offer for 2014-15 entry as well for the jazz course :wink: my main instrument is drum kit, but I also play trumpet and bass guitar :biggrin: really looking forward to meeting new people and the course obviously!!! :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Abbiefinn
Hey I've got a conditional offer for 2014-15 entry as well for the jazz course :wink: my main instrument is drum kit, but I also play trumpet and bass guitar :biggrin: really looking forward to meeting new people and the course obviously!!! :wink:

Finally someone on these forums who's coming to Leeds ! Same got a conditional but I'm so looking forward to just jamming all the time. Drums your primary instrument ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Abbiefinn

Hey where are u gonna live, book accommodation yet?
my firm choice is Production at LCM and i've got a room sorted in JSH, but now i'm wondering if i'd be better off elsewhere for accommodation.

There seems to be hardly anyone discussing LCM - how lame.
Reply 8
Hi, guess what, I am also admitted to enter LCoM this year to study jazz. And I am Hongkonger also! How are you man!

Reply 9
Hi, I have a unconditional for LcoM jazz starting sept 2014. Staying in Joseph stone houses, wondering when people are moving in e.c.t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending