The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle 2014 applicant

Scroll to see replies

Marketing and Management student from outside the country here! I'm so nervous and excited about studying in a new place! I heard that generally people in Newcastle are a friendly lot and that's clearly reflected in the forum here. Just applied for en suites at Park Terrace, Victoria Hall, Windsor Terrace, Castle Leazes, and Turner Court. I've never actually visited them myself, but judging from its location, price, general opinion, and of course promotional pictures (lol), they seem like a pretty good place to live. Like what LoganSP said, it'll be nice to make acquaintances first :smile: Virtual cookies for everybody!!!
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 461
Original post by brina24601
Marketing and Management student from outside the country here! I'm so nervous and excited about studying in a new place! I heard that generally people in Newcastle are a friendly lot and that's clearly reflected in the forum here. Just applied for en suites at Park Terrace, Victoria Hall, Windsor Terrace, Castle Leazes, and Turner Court. I've never actually visited them myself, but judging from its location, price, general opinion, and of course promotional pictures (lol), they seem like a pretty good place to live. Like what LoganSP said, it'll be nice to make acquaintances first :smile: Virtual cookies for everybody!!!

Hi! I'm doing marketing & management as well :smile: and my first choice is park terrace haha
Original post by jademarie96
I wasn't bothered about En-Suite, rather spend the extra £20-£30 on other things :')
If i'm in any of my top 4 i'll be happy :smile:
Hope you get your top two!

Thanks! You too :3 Now I need to get the grades xD
Original post by Jam Jam24
Probably will take you 15 mins to walk but you'll be walking through the uni so it will be a beautiful walk :P

Haha, okay thanks :') Hope it's not too cold in Newcastle D:

Hi! I will be studying Marketing which has similar units so I will probably see you around (: I've applied for ensuite at Castle Leazes, Park Terrace and Windsor Terrace as well ^.^ They seem like good places, friendly but not too over the top :smile:
Reply 465
Hi I'm studying Philosophy! Applied for Park Terrace, Ricky Road and Castle Leazes. I'm really worried about Park Terrace as it's a new accommodation so no idea what it's like but really want to be in a fun accommodation!!
Original post by Wizkidani
Hi! I will be studying Marketing which has similar units so I will probably see you around (: I've applied for ensuite at Castle Leazes, Park Terrace and Windsor Terrace as well ^.^ They seem like good places, friendly but not too over the top :smile:

I've applied for the exact same accommodation :smile:
Original post by Im_uncreative
I've applied for the exact same accommodation :smile:

yay! I will probably see you around then ^.^ In the same order too? ;o
Original post by Pollygtm
Hi I'm studying Philosophy! Applied for Park Terrace, Ricky Road and Castle Leazes. I'm really worried about Park Terrace as it's a new accommodation so no idea what it's like but really want to be in a fun accommodation!!

Park terrace is my 2nd choice and I have no idea what it's like either :/ Hopefully it will be fun :')
Original post by Wizkidani
yay! I will probably see you around then ^.^ In the same order too? ;o

Yes!! Haha :smile:
Original post by Pollygtm

Since Park Terrace is new I guess it's up to the first people to live there to start a reputation for it :smile: but it will all be undergrads who have en suites so idk what kind of vibe that has

I'm not even from outside the country and haven't visited the accommodations hahahah I mostly based it on how close it was to my (future [hopefully]) campus
Reply 472
Hi! I'm a history applicant! Is anyone else on here going to be studying history or anything closely related? Im so nervous about this whole uni thing but It'd be great to know I'm not the only one feeling like this. I still haven't applied for accommodation either... :s
Any more biomedics here? x
Any more biomedics here? x

Yeah are you doing the 3 year or the integrated masters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Philippamalko
Yeah are you doing the 3 year or the integrated masters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 year course, you?
3 year course, you?

4 year.
Does it matter to you that the course isn't IBMS accredited?

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 year.
Does it matter to you that the course isn't IBMS accredited?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most biomed courses aren't :P nah im not planning to work in the nhs labs. how about you?
Most biomed courses aren't :P nah im not planning to work in the nhs labs. how about you?

No I'd rather have the less strict course in terms of what you have to learn and not be accredited really, I just wondered if it was something I should be more worried about that's all haha. What accommodation have you chosen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I'd rather have the less strict course in terms of what you have to learn and not be accredited really, I just wondered if it was something I should be more worried about that's all haha. What accommodation have you chosen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Non-accredited courses are just as tough im afraid to say! :P castle leazes! you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending