The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex 2014 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Olie123
Hi, I'm Olie, I'll be hopefully studying chemistry for drug design at sussex in the autumn, anyone else joining me in science?

Hi Olie, I'm Josh and I'll be studying chemistry also :smile: looking to transfer to the year in industry or drug design course though. Hopefully see you there! :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 41
Hello i'm Olly, Made Sussex my firm choice and have an offer of ABB to do Product design. Really looking forward to Sussex! Looked an awesome place when I went for an interview there! Has anyone applied for housing yet? Just finished entering all the details in now. Lewes house preferred choice!
I've accepted my unconditional offer for the MChem chemistry course. Haven't completed my accommodation application yet but thinking of Northfield, Swanborough and Lewes Court. Look forward to seeing some of you in September!
Reply 43
Hi! I'm Joana, will be 21 in september and I hold an unconditional offer for Politics and International Relations (:

I'm an international student from Brazil!
Original post by starryeyes1103
Hi! I'm really looking forward to going to Sussex, it looks brilliant! Have you been to any of the open days and met people from the department?

Me too!! I don't know why some people are a bit snobby about Sussex-not russell group perhaps? But I don't care-all the more places for the likes of us!!

I went to an open day two years ago and absolutely LOVED it :biggrin: I hope to be going to the offer holder day on the 26th (I think!!) April, I'm so excited to be getting back into education I emailed the department asking for a reading list-(I know! I'm so borriingg but I don't care!) they haven't gotten back to me yet :frown:

It'll be so strange to have so much time to myself to just read and write essays-Can't WAIT!! :biggrin:

Good luck with your exams-see you in September maybe :smile:
Reply 45
Firmed unconditional law. Really, really excited! I took a bit of an untraditional route and I studied for two years at St Andrews first before applying to Sussex. I'm having difficulty finding which might be the most social halls? About to fill out accomodation application.
Reply 46
Original post by josh94t
Hi Olie, I'm Josh and I'll be studying chemistry also :smile: looking to transfer to the year in industry or drug design course though. Hopefully see you there! :smile:

Cool, hopefully see you there!
Reply 47
Original post by hb35
Firmed unconditional law. Really, really excited! I took a bit of an untraditional route and I studied for two years at St Andrews first before applying to Sussex. I'm having difficulty finding which might be the most social halls? About to fill out accomodation application.

I totally get you. I attended uni for 2 years here in Brazil before applying to the UK. (:

They say Lewes Court is quite sociable and it has the possibility of an ensuite!
Just firmed Sussex for Marketing and Management with a placement year, but I am trying to switch to the Media and Communications course. I just applied for housing at Northfield too, can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I'm Alice. Already at Sussex studying physics but will be starting Sociology and Cultural Studies in September if student finance will fund me.
Reply 50
Hi everyone! I'm Max , 19 and I have been offered a conditional place at Sussex to study Chemistry. It looked really good when I applied after taking a retake year as well as having great night life! Applied for Lewes 2 housing.
Reply 51
Hey guys, i'm firming sussex too :smile:
i'm 18 and have been offered ABB to study maths
can't wait! the campus was so awesome
Reply 52
Hey guys! Does anybody of you know how strict Sussex is when it comes to achieving your offered grades?

I'm a international student & they offered my a place to study Computing for Digital Media based on grades I know I will never be able to get. I really like the university though & now I'm not sure what to do. I would like to consider firming it but I don't want to end up being scared all the time & not getting in in the end.

Has anybody made any experience in that area or do you think I should just firm a lower offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Hey guys, I'm Alice. Already at Sussex studying physics but will be starting Sociology and Cultural Studies in September if student finance will fund me.

Talk about odd! :P Actually, I know someone who did the reverse!
Reply 54
BTW, I'm 22 and I'll be starting a PhD in Physics in September.
Reply 55
Original post by jowsm
Hi! I'm Joana, will be 21 in september and I hold an unconditional offer for Politics and International Relations (:

I'm an international student from Brazil!

Olá! Parece que ao menos vai dar para ouvir Português por :P
Reply 56
Does anyone know if they have a problem with "overnight visitors" in the halls? My girlfriend will be in a rather far away uni, and I'd fancy having her there for a weekend when possible...
Original post by viriol
Does anyone know if they have a problem with "overnight visitors" in the halls? My girlfriend will be in a rather far away uni, and I'd fancy having her there for a weekend when possible...

No not at all, as long as your flatmates are alright with it it's never a problem.
Reply 58
Que legal, brasileiros por aqui! Também estou indo em setembro, cursar o phd em relações internacionais. Vamos marcar um encontro. Abraços!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by FAOBR
Que legal, brasileiros por aqui! Também estou indo em setembro, cursar o phd em relações internacionais. Vamos marcar um encontro. Abraços!

uma (sem ti)! :wink: Atenção que nós tugas ainda hablamos Português!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending