The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8500

The album this song is from is brilliant. (Death By Burning - Mantar)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zen-Ali
This one is also particularly good:

[video="youtube;dqLPb0_ygKk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqLPb0_ygKk[/video]

Say, could you recommend some of their songs? I've heard of them, but I'm not sure what to listen to.

Saw Tesseract live supporting Protest the Hero in February, they were really good and probably (I found this with Kasabian too) a lot better and more satisfying to listen to live than in recordings. Of Mind - Nocturne was the most impressive probably, search for that.
Lot more cleans than normal, and a slightly more pop-based tune than you'd normally get from Insomnium, but While We Sleep is a pretty strong song anyway. Suppose it's like Ephemeral in that manner. Still, love Insomnium to death, every album is perfect.
[video="youtube;vBZ5SLJmfdw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZ5SLJmfdw#t=351[/video]

Really looking forwards to Shadows of the Dying Sun.
Original post by robcfunnell
Saw Tesseract live supporting Protest the Hero in February, they were really good and probably (I found this with Kasabian too) a lot better and more satisfying to listen to live than in recordings. Of Mind - Nocturne was the most impressive probably, search for that.

TesseracT are one of my favourite bands, I'd love to see them live!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mjr_issues
Lot more cleans than normal, and a slightly more pop-based tune than you'd normally get from Insomnium, but While We Sleep is a pretty strong song anyway. Suppose it's like Ephemeral in that manner. Still, love Insomnium to death, every album is perfect.
[video="youtube;vBZ5SLJmfdw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZ5SLJmfdw#t=351[/video]

Really looking forwards to Shadows of the Dying Sun.

Saw Insomnium live too a few years ago. Absolutely love Across the Dark and One For Sorrow. Liking the new stuff too!
Original post by robcfunnell
Saw Insomnium live too a few years ago. Absolutely love Across the Dark and One For Sorrow. Liking the new stuff too!

I managed to see them last October in Shepherd's Bush. They were supporting Children of Bodom, but to be honest I went there for Insomnium, and they were easily the best of the lot there. The others were great, but I'm basically an Insomnium fanboy.
Original post by Mjr_issues
I managed to see them last October in Shepherd's Bush. They were supporting Children of Bodom, but to be honest I went there for Insomnium, and they were easily the best of the lot there. The others were great, but I'm basically an Insomnium fanboy.

Napalm death were the band of the night though. Theres a photo of me after their set and I don't think I've ever looked any happier in my entire life! Not hears much bodom but they were fun to have a mosh to. Insomnium were pretty good too.
Original post by boumavilla
Enter itself is a good song...
It's quite amazing the jump WT made between Enter and Mother Earth. Much bigger than the jumps they make nowadays!

Yeah I would've too! But oh well, maybe another time...there's still Bloodstock? :wink:

Unsure about bloodstock.

Both bands were incredible last night. Haven't had the chance to write up the live review yet, but it was really good. Still haven't actually got my schedule for next week, but if it's possible I'm definitely going to try and go to the Birmingham show on Wednesday too. Never seen a band twice on the same tour before.
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Unsure about bloodstock.

Both bands were incredible last night. Haven't had the chance to write up the live review yet, but it was really good. Still haven't actually got my schedule for next week, but if it's possible I'm definitely going to try and go to the Birmingham show on Wednesday too. Never seen a band twice on the same tour before.

Fair enough. I don't blame you, even I was unsure about going until I started checking out some of the other bands...but you probably know most of them already! :ahee:

Cool, yeah go for it!
If you'd like to meet up just PM me. :h:
Fair enough. I don't blame you, even I was unsure about going until I started checking out some of the other bands...but you probably know most of them already! :ahee:

Cool, yeah go for it!
If you'd like to meet up just PM me. :h:

Nope, working. It used to be easy to swap shifts about, but we need more people in as its school holidays, and most of the staff now have fixed hours each week so can't swap

http://swirlsofnoise.com/2014/04/13/within-temptation-and-delain-at-wembley-arena-12042014/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8510

Nope, working. It used to be easy to swap shifts about, but we need more people in as its school holidays, and most of the staff now have fixed hours each week so can't swap

http://swirlsofnoise.com/2014/04/13/within-temptation-and-delain-at-wembley-arena-12042014/

Another one of my mates has the same problem...

I'll read that after the gig! :biggrin: Same goes for the new SoP album...leaving it until after to listen to the CD too.
Another one of my mates has the same problem...

I'll read that after the gig! :biggrin: Same goes for the new SoP album...leaving it until after to listen to the CD too.

I couldn't wait for the CD to come!

Better gig than tonight anyway. Tim Hecker sounded amazing, but there were nolights at all, could only see a silhouette. And Merzbow was so terrible it was an endurance test. And I feel asleep on the train, woke up two stops on from home, near work. £15 cab fare back could've been so easily avoided, spent enough at WT what with the new Delain t-shirt and record of THC, even after already having the CD (though got it signed).
I couldn't wait for the CD to come!

Better gig than tonight anyway. Tim Hecker sounded amazing, but there were nolights at all, could only see a silhouette. And Merzbow was so terrible it was an endurance test. And I feel asleep on the train, woke up two stops on from home, near work. £15 cab fare back could've been so easily avoided, spent enough at WT what with the new Delain t-shirt and record of THC, even after already having the CD (though got it signed).

Whilst I am very excited to hear this new album, it takes a back seat to WT I'm afraid. :wink:

How much were the shirts? :beard:

So you decided on whether or not you'll be at the gig tomorrow?
Whilst I am very excited to hear this new album, it takes a back seat to WT I'm afraid. :wink:

How much were the shirts? :beard:

So you decided on whether or not you'll be at the gig tomorrow?

I cant be at the gig. Unless I can teleport to birmingham when I finish at 5 then back by 9am. Too far from where I am. And delain shirts were £20 so I couldn afford it anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8515
Reports are that AC/DC are going to announce their retirement this week.
Original post by Devel
Reports are that AC/DC are going to announce their retirement this week.

Thought they already had, and if not they should anyway.
Reply 8517
Thought they already had, and if not they should anyway.

I have to agree especially if reports of one member having health issues are true.

I am just glad I got to see them at what could be there last ever UK show.
I cant be at the gig. Unless I can teleport to birmingham when I finish at 5 then back by 9am. Too far from where I am. And delain shirts were £20 so I couldn afford it anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems doable! :ahee:

£20 isn't too bad actually, WT shirts were the same price last time.
Reply 8519
So apparently AC/DC aren't retiring.

Malcolm Young will be sitting out of the bands activities due to ill health.

Latest