The Student Room Group

Cambridge Tripos 2014 Exam Chat Thread!

Did somebody say Tripos? :dry:

Scroll to see replies

Hello

:hi:
Last exam term. LET'S DO THIS! (It helps that I had modules in January that counted for 1/3 of my year...)
:rave:
Reply 4
Gulp.

I like the general optimism.
Last exam term ever! Pretty terrifying. 6 1/2 weeks to go :woo:
Reply 6
I need to keep telling myself putting off going back to Cambridge until after Easter isn't putting off exams . . .
Reply 7
Original post by Wathen
I need to keep telling myself putting off going back to Cambridge until after Easter isn't putting off exams . . .

I've been back since last Wednesday, and I'm not sure if it's helped my productivity...
Got my timetable yesterday... argh... they start on May 23rd :'(

By the way, does anyone know anything about sitting exams in college?
Original post by Eggs and Ham
Got my timetable yesterday... argh... they start on May 23rd :'(

By the way, does anyone know anything about sitting exams in college?

I've had a couple of friends who did it - one had a back problem (so had to stretch every little while) and the other is dyslexic. It seemed pretty easy for them, I think they got told where to go by the Tutorial and Admissions office (this is for Downing, btw).
Original post by Topaz_eyes
I've had a couple of friends who did it - one had a back problem (so had to stretch every little while) and the other is dyslexic. It seemed pretty easy for them, I think they got told where to go by the Tutorial and Admissions office (this is for Downing, btw).

My question is, whom do I approach regarding sitting exams in college?

See here:
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/disability/students/exam.html

You need to have arranged it with your tutor by mid-way through last term, according to that. However if you went and spoke to your tutor asap, and it was deemed that sitting exams in a separate room was necessary given your needs, I'm sure they'd be able to sort something out.
Reply 12

Talk to your tutor. I think you'd need to have an exceptional reason to receive permission now. The University deadline was January 31st.

I'm sorry, I don't know. As others have said, talk to your tutor. I can try and find out from my friends if you want?

In other news, 2 days until my first exam. Damn Part III and your early early exams :frown: Everyone's happy about the Easter break and I'm stuck in revising!
I'm sorry, I don't know. As others have said, talk to your tutor. I can try and find out from my friends if you want?

In other news, 2 days until my first exam. Damn Part III and your early early exams :frown: Everyone's happy about the Easter break and I'm stuck in revising!

Wow, I didn't realise anyone had exams this early. Crazy.

Good luck!
Reply 15

Good luck! :hugs:

Does this also mean you finish early, and can enjoy the sun when everyone's still revising?
Original post by ratio
Good luck! :hugs:

Does this also mean you finish early, and can enjoy the sun when everyone's still revising?

Kind of... So I have 3 exams this week, then my project deadline in week 3 (although my first draft's done :biggrin:), then a viva, and finally the General Paper (a huge exam on everything in the first 3 years of physics) in week 6!

Thanks for the luck (and Timmona too!)
First set of exams done! At least multiple sets of exams means multiple sets of after-exam celebrating :biggrin:
Bloody exam term panic attacks :frown: 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I usually don't post on here, but I found this website may be helpful to all of you; it contains advice for the Tripos by lots of students with firsts. The website is: http://thetriposguide.co.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest