The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

may he rest in peace and God grant him a high place in heaven :frown:
I shall pray for him tonight, peace be upon you
May I ask for the repose of the soul of the uncle of a friend of mine who has died suddenly aged 54.
I will pray love x
Peace be upon you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm thinking of fasting for the first time this Good Friday but just how much are you allowed to eat? My Granny always used to say you're allowed one proper meal and a snack but are there any general rules..?
Reply 6584
Original post by kath_igidbashian
I'm thinking of fasting for the first time this Good Friday but just how much are you allowed to eat? My Granny always used to say you're allowed one proper meal and a snack but are there any general rules..?

Yes there are.

Basically, you can have one proper meal and two small meals that don't add up to a full meal.
Also, no meat (fish doesn't count as meat) :yy:

Also, I was at Buckfast Abbey last Thursday (just passing through on my way home), and lit a candle for all of your intentions :cute:
Original post by Aula
Yes there are.

Basically, you can have one proper meal and two small meals that don't add up to a full meal.
Also, no meat (fish doesn't count as meat) :yy:

Also, I was at Buckfast Abbey last Thursday (just passing through on my way home), and lit a candle for all of your intentions :cute:

Great! My plan is to get up late on friday and have a good meal before liturgy then light snacks after (probably fruit and yogurt) can't be hungry during Good Friday liturgy, it's long...
Greetings from Bethlehem, peeps :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Holy land in Easter!!! It might not be obvious but I'm just a little bit excited about that...
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Oh my gosh Holy land in Easter!!! It might not be obvious but I'm just a little bit excited about that...

Am flying back to the UK tomorrow, so only here for part of Holy Week. It's certainly been a blessed experience though :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6589
Ooh, and my niece has got into the local Catholic primary school, which is the one that I and all my siblings went to :h:
Original post by Aula

Thank you. It is a beautiful place.
Venturing into the unknown...

hello
Hello! We're all pretty friendly people here, don't be shy! :h:
hi guys, bit embarrassed by this question but does anyone know how I could go and have a first communion done? I'm a bit old for it but as a child my parents neglected it and now I'd like to start going to church and I'd like to do it properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6594
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
Venturing into the unknown...

hello

Welcome :cute:

Original post by donutaud15
hi guys, bit embarrassed by this question but does anyone know how I could go and have a first communion done? I'm a bit old for it but as a child my parents neglected it and now I'd like to start going to church and I'd like to do it properly.

Speak to the priest. If you've not had your confirmation either, then you'll need to go through the RCIA. If you have then I'm not sure how it'll work, but there will be a way of doing it. Either way, the first step is to talk to the priest.
Original post by Aula
Welcome :cute:

Speak to the priest. If you've not had your confirmation either, then you'll need to go through the RCIA. If you have then I'm not sure how it'll work, but there will be a way of doing it. Either way, the first step is to talk to the priest.

cool thanks! just slightly embarrassed :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aula
Ooh, and my niece has got into the local Catholic primary school, which is the one that I and all my siblings went to :h:

Yay! :h:

I'm back peeps :nutcase:
Reply 6597
Original post by donutaud15
cool thanks! just slightly embarrassed :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be at all! The priest will have herd much worse, and should be very happy to welcome you fully into the church. :yep:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yay! :h:

I'm back peeps :nutcase:

Whoop. Glad you're back safely!
Original post by Aula

Whoop. Glad you're back safely!

Thank you :biggrin:
Please remember Phil Mulryne, former Manchester United, Norwich, Cardiff and Northern Ireland footballer, as he trains for the priesthood in Rome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending