The Student Room Group

Failed IBM graduate application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm at IBM at the moment on a different scheme and the pass mark for the graduate IPAT is 75% for a Technical role and 72% for a business role. If you don't meet the minimum, they can still offer you a job as a 'contractor' which is pretty much the same as being a regular employee.
Reply 21
One of the things I noticed in the IPAT test is that it said to leave questions you weren't sure and I think I read somewhere that they do negative marking, so if you guess and get it wrong, it penalises you, so the ones I didn't know I didn't bother answering. I definitely didn't score that well (percentage wise) so was that possible something that might have been a factor?
Hey guys, I've passed the industrial placement assessment centre and they told me I'm now in the matching stage of the process. Do you have any information about this stage and what the business interview is like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Danbanbury
Hey guys, I've passed the industrial placement assessment centre and they told me I'm now in the matching stage of the process. Do you have any information about this stage and what the business interview is like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, first well done! You're pretty much guaranteed a place - the next stage is your application has been placed in a pool. Different departments have 'hiring tickets' as to how many IT's (industrial placement students) they're able to employ. The hiring manager's then pull particular applications out of this pool depending on lots of different factors and invite you for an interview. The business interview isn't usually too rigorous however it depends on the role...normally it's just an attestation to you deserving the place.
Thanks for the reply, what sort of questions were you asked in the business interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just bumping this thread.
I have an final round business interview for a business role on a placement year next week! Just wondering what to expect from the business interview in terms of questions ans formalities? Thank you for any replies, they will be a great help beflre my interview.

Quick Reply

Latest