The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee University 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Just received a rejection from Dundee! What?? :eek: I received an unconditional from Aberdeen, who is 137th in the world for Humanities, but was rejected by Dundee, ranked 350-ish? :biggrin:
Whatever, Dundee. I'm going to Aberdeen and I'm very happy about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 381
Original post by czechmishaout
Just received a rejection from Dundee! What?? :eek: I received an unconditional from Aberdeen, who is 137th in the world for Humanities, but was rejected by Dundee, ranked 350-ish? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks... :frown: I felt the same way when I got rejected on Friday.. I got into Glasgow but not into Dundee?? yeah.. It's a bummer.. I'm still waiting for Edinburgh so can't make a final decision.. I was hoping that Dundee would be my insurance but now it looks like my insurance will have to be Stirling which offered me a place.. and well I am also applying to the Netherlands now to have a back-up plan. Cheers!
Original post by tpr07
That sucks... :frown: I felt the same way when I got rejected on Friday.. I got into Glasgow but not into Dundee?? yeah.. It's a bummer.. I'm still waiting for Edinburgh so can't make a final decision.. I was hoping that Dundee would be my insurance but now it looks like my insurance will have to be Stirling which offered me a place.. and well I am also applying to the Netherlands now to have a back-up plan. Cheers!

I'm thinking they're running out of spaces. I mean, it's not like I would accept the Dundee offer anyway.. But it doesn't make much sense to me. :rolleyes: Well, it's time to unsubscribe this thread then :tongue:
Good luck with waiting for Edinburgh, it's crazy that they are taking this long. Have you spoken to them about it? Have they given you any approx deadlines?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
I'm thinking they're running out of spaces. I mean, it's not like I would accept the Dundee offer anyway.. But it doesn't make much sense to me. :rolleyes: Well, it's time to unsubscribe this thread then :tongue:
Good luck with waiting for Edinburgh, it's crazy that they are taking this long. Have you spoken to them about it? Have they given you any approx deadlines?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed.. Yeah Edinburgh is being really slow.. I've called them but they said nothing useful.. They emailed me about my citizenship situation because I'm still waiting for confirmation of my German citizenship and still don't have it. So maybe they're giving me time until the 7th May to provide evidence. I don't know..
Reply 384

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :frown: Weard, Dundee might just have so many good applicants this year. Anyways, I'll be seeing you next year :smile:
Got an offer for Life Sciences :smile: anyone else doing a science degree?
Reply 386
Hi Lica! yeah I was thinking of applying to stay in the West Park accommodation aswell but I am still unsure! I would love to stay in the accommodation on campus, but as you said, it is rather quite extortionate and I dont know whether or not to spend so much money on it when the West Park ones look fine and are cheaper! Have you already applied to stay in West Park or are you still undecided? :smile:
Reply 387
Has anyone received an email from Dundee regarding the accomodation applications?
Reply 388
Original post by ygarta
Has anyone received an email from Dundee regarding the accomodation applications?

Nope I'm still waiting, getting eager to apply!
Reply 389
Original post by misscookietastic

Hi! I have got an offer for biological sciences!!! By the way, the life sciences building is AMAZING!!!
Original post by ygarta
Hi! I have got an offer for biological sciences!!! By the way, the life sciences building is AMAZING!!!

Hi there! Congratulations! :smile: I'm going to see the building today at the post applicant visit day. A bit nervous :3
Reply 391
Original post by ygarta

Hey, I have an offer for Biological Sciences too! I saw the campus yesterday and I love it!!
Reply 392
Original post by MarkP.
I asked the same question a week or so ago and someone said it'll be mid-April x

I tweeted them yesterday and they said they are preparing them now and they will be sent end if April to begining of May. I'm a bit worried because I haven't had any written confirmation from them or anything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rankings don't really mean much when it comes down to individual applications. You seem happy about going to Aberdeen though, so congratulations! :biggrin:

Original post by ygarta

Original post by cattyatty
Hey, I have an offer for Biological Sciences too! I saw the campus yesterday and I love it!!

Congrats on the offers guys! (and everyone else, of course!) :biggrin:
Reply 394

Posted from TSR Mobile

o_O I'm sorry for that! I feel exactly the same way as you because I got rejected from stirling and I have offers from glasgow aberdeen and dundee! It was my favourite :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 395
Original post by misscookietastic

Hey there! Congrats! :biggrin:
I have an offer for biology! I'm gonna firm Dundee xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgexD
Hey there! Congrats! :biggrin:
I have an offer for biology! I'm gonna firm Dundee xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw congratulations to you too! I've firmed Dundee as well, can't wait :smile:
Reply 397
Just so i can be prepared for when the accomodation applications are sent, does anyone know how many places we have to put? As in we have our first choice, but then do we have a second and a third, or just a second? x
Reply 398
Original post by PoppyT
Just so i can be prepared for when the accomodation applications are sent, does anyone know how many places we have to put? As in we have our first choice, but then do we have a second and a third, or just a second? x

A friend of mine who studies in Dundee told me that you put all of them or at least 3 (don't remember exactly) in the order you want. What I mean is that you'll put your first choice first etc...
Got an offer on the 16th for Physics. Have to complete the DUAL summer school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending