The Student Room Group

Birmingham or Leeds?

HELP.

I've applied for and received offers from both University of Birmingham and Leeds to study English Literature and Spanish.
Both offers are AAB and I have an unconditional offer to study at Birmingham.

However, I'm torn.

I'm from Birmingham so Leeds may seem like a more obvious choice for some but I'm really conflicted.
Any opinions/experience to help me decide? Thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kirrstierose
HELP.

I've applied for and received offers from both University of Birmingham and Leeds to study English Literature and Spanish.
Both offers are AAB and I have an unconditional offer to study at Birmingham.

However, I'm torn.

I'm from Birmingham so Leeds may seem like a more obvious choice for some but I'm really conflicted.
Any opinions/experience to help me decide? Thanks!

It depends how much you love Birmingham. I'm a pretty big believer in stepping out of your comfort zone and experiencing a new city; if you stayed in Birmingham, would you stay at home because that might not be the university experience you want?

However, it can be SO much cheaper and handier! Noone can really tell you which one to pick, just spend time researching the cities and modules you can take- because that's the really important part.

Meanwhile if you have any questions on Leeds, let me know :biggrin:
Reply 2
Base your decision mostly on the course - choose which ever one suits your interests more. Also which uni was more friendly when you went for open/visit days? As for bham being too close, I think it depends. If you live actually in the city or very close to it, you may want to go somewhere else. I personally wouldn't go to bham even if it had the right course for me because I live literally a half an hour train ride from the uni. But if you live further out then consider it. However, there's people from where I'm from who go to bham and love it, and are glad to be close to home. Its personal preference I think :smile:
Leeds is pretty good for MFL, not sure about B'ham though
Lots of good advice here -
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices

Don't be over flattered by the Unconditional from Brum. It's just marketing. If the Leeds course and 'being at Leeds' feels better for you, then put Brum as a safe Insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending