The Student Room Group

Hollister group interview...what to say/wear/look

I have a group interview at hollister after being approached by the store manager. Just wondering if anyone knows what questions they'll ask and what to answer? Also what to wear? I'm planning on jeans converse and a tshirt. Can I wear my hair up of does it need to be down?!
Reply 1
Original post by avee
I have a group interview at hollister after being approached by the store manager. Just wondering if anyone knows what questions they'll ask and what to answer? Also what to wear? I'm planning on jeans converse and a tshirt. Can I wear my hair up of does it need to be down?!

Hey, for which Hollister? I work at the one in Bluewater :smile:.

Basically they'll interview you in a group of anywhere between 3-10 people (I was just one of three). If you got scouted rather than applying yourself you already have a good chance, as they will know if you were scouted in the interview, and you clearly fit the 'look policy'.

They'll ask you to introduced yourself, be perky and smile lots. Even if you're really nervous/feel stupid, make yourself seem totally confident. They asked me a fun fact about myself (think of something other than what you study at school or something - try to be memorable), what I thought was unique about the store (talk about store experience, lifestyle brand, sporty yet fashionable etc), and a question about diversity. Then they ask if you have any questions - ask one, it makes you seem genuinely really excited at the prospect of working there.

Jeans and converse sounds perfect, although don't wear a T-shirt with anything too outlandish on it (think wholesome - crosses might be in fashion but don't scream All American Girl). Wear very little to no make up - only a little mascara NO EYELINER (they hate it!). Hair defo down, if you wear it up to the interview they'll only ask you to take it down for the photo (happens at the end of the interview) anyway. Nice glossy wavy hair, again the key word is natural.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by KT987

Basically they'll interview you in a group of anywhere between 3-10 people (I was just one of three). If you got scouted rather than applying yourself you already have a good chance, as they will know if you were scouted in the interview, and you clearly fit the 'look policy'.

They'll ask you to introduced yourself, be perky and smile lots. Even if you're really nervous/feel stupid, make yourself seem totally confident. They asked me a fun fact about myself (think of something other than what you study at school or something - try to be memorable), what I thought was unique about the store (talk about store experience, lifestyle brand, sporty yet fashionable etc), and a question about diversity. Then they ask if you have any questions - ask one, it makes you seem genuinely really excited at the prospect of working there.

Jeans and converse sounds perfect, although don't wear a T-shirt with anything too outlandish on it (think wholesome - crosses might be in fashion but don't scream All American Girl). Wear very little to no make up - only a little mascara NO EYELINER (they hate it!). Hair defo down, if you wear it up to the interview they'll only ask you to take it down for the photo (happens at the end of the interview) anyway. Nice glossy wavy hair, again the key word is natural.

Good luck!

Hi thank you for your reply! I had the interview a week ago...15 in the group. And they still haven't called back? I got scouted too so I thought there might have been a better chance? I'm not sure how long they normally call back. Thanks
Reply 3
They called me 2 weeks later
Reply 4
Hey! So I had my Hollister interview about 18months ago now and I actually got recruited by the manager whilst I was shopping in store so I didn't have to go through the online process but I did attend the group interview. I wore dark skinny jeans and a Hollister shirt which I tied up to have my hip bones on show lol and a pair of white converses. Very light makeup. Just mascara and lip gloss! My hair is naturally jet black. I walked in to the recruitment room/ interview place and basically she handed us a application form thingy to fill in, it was only 8 of us! Then she asked us the following questions: Describe the Hollister style in three words? What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace? How would your friends and family describe you? And that was it! Three questions lol, we just went around the circle to answer! After that she took our photos and strangely before I left, she asked me what my background is, and I said Jamaican (cause my grandparents was born in Jamaica) and she was like Wow okay! Weird right? But anyway, I was surprised I got recruited in the first place, I heard that Hollister doesn't recruit black women lol. I got a phone call the next day saying that I got the job! I was quite amused actually, but yeah! Pretty easy interview!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
hi, i have an interview for hollister on friday and I'm super nervous! in the email i got it doesn't really tell me where i have to be ? do i just rock up and ask someone in the store on the day ? and i also don't know what to wear to i dress smartly or casual ?
Original post by megxmay
hi, i have an interview for hollister on friday and I'm super nervous! in the email i got it doesn't really tell me where i have to be ? do i just rock up and ask someone in the store on the day ? and i also don't know what to wear to i dress smartly or casual ?

Hey I've actually got my interview next Friday! Which store do you have it at? The girl in the store asked me to give them a call and find out about the time and stuff. I'm guessing something casual and natural should work!
hi i have my interview for friday and i want to know if i can wear white ripped jeans or just go dark and no ripps
Hey I have an interview tomorrow and I was wondering do they care if you have any acne or blemish in your face because I heard they all cared about the looks
Original post by KT987

Good luck!

You said have wavy hair but the key word is natural and on another forum someone says about not over styling your hair but my hairs naturally curly and doesnt look to great down without being styled so should i straighten it or not i know this is a really trivial question but i just want to look the part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending