just firmed lancaster for PPE :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by ams45
just firmed lancaster for PPE :smile:

:woo:

Do you think you'll go down the philosophy+politics route, or the politics+economics route, or the philosophy+economics route, or all three?! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 302
:clap2: hmm i don't know yet, hopefully all 3 but if not then probs politics and economics.... i haven't studied philosophy or politics at A level :eek: so it'll be interesting to see what happens...
Original post by ams45
:clap2: hmm i don't know yet, hopefully all 3 but if not then probs politics and economics.... i haven't studied philosophy or politics at A level :eek: so it'll be interesting to see what happens...

Good, I am satisfied :pierre:

I loved A level politics - didn't study philosophy but some of it looks interesting :smile:
Reply 304
Original post by MalteseMalteser
Good, I am satisfied :pierre:

I loved A level politics - didn't study philosophy but some of it looks interesting :smile:

yeah i'm excited :biggrin: just gotta get the grades :crossedf:
Original post by ams45
yeah i'm excited :biggrin: just gotta get the grades :crossedf:

What's your conditional offer? :smile:
Reply 306
What's your conditional offer? :smile:

AAB :smile: they said on the open day that they would accept ABB though so should be fine
Reply 307
Original post by secret_keeper
I've been working full time at a brilliant company,got my own house and all, but its about time i finally followed what i really want to do in life, so i'm quitting my job and leaving my house behind!Want to get to uni before i'm too old or seen as the old guy, im only 23 so good time for it i think.

I know right, thats what i thought!I'll be coming along to that mate! Yeah thats the plan, i've sat out this season, but i feel great so i'm gonna start again, may try and get a few games in with my old team before coming to uni. We'll have to have a game when were stressed with essays!
The link for the societies is below, take a look, theres some interesting ones i must say!

http://lusu.co.uk/get-involved/societies/

Sounds like a plan, go for it! :smile:
No essays for me (whoop, go science!) but I will still need the stress relief...I haven't played in ages though.
Assassins guild, now that I'm joining!
Original post by ams45
AAB :smile: they said on the open day that they would accept ABB though so should be fine

All sounds good! Have you started revision yet? :smile:
Reply 309
Original post by kdlair
Sounds like a plan, go for it! :smile:
No essays for me (whoop, go science!) but I will still need the stress relief...I haven't played in ages though.
Assassins guild, now that I'm joining!

No essays?

Are you certain? I'm doing an access course in chemistry and biology and we've had a fair few essays. They tend to gear access courses towards what's expected at uni and so far we've had essays, posters, presentations, practicals followed by reports and exams.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 310
Original post by XTRdigital
Hi

There is a physics society that is not part of the student union LUSU and you can meet them in the freshers fair. This is the link for the full list of student union societies plus there will be some more not part of the union.

http://lusu.co.uk/get-involved/societies/our-activity-groups/

As for the mountaineering society we have weekly meetings followed by climbing down on the wall, there is also a bouldering team which have training. We have trips every weekend to either the lakes or peaks. plus every term there is a whole weekend trip away. Unfortunately our chancellor sir chris bonington is leaving this year so we are abseiling off bowland tower. we have a talk by dmm where the destructively tested the climbing gear, we have had a CAC event climbing the height of everest and next term we have Kendal mountain film fest here. and of course we have weekly socials that I and my other social sec organize, we have some brilliant ones lined up for freshers week.

hope that helps

Wow, sounds like it's got it going on in the Mountaineering Club! Not sure my budget will permit every weekend away but a few over the space of a term would be nice. I haven't actually been climbing in ages and used to enjoy the odd bit of grit stone back in the day (Stanage and Burbage Edge and around that area).
Original post by thedreamer1996
Hi! I've firmed a conditional for Maths :smile: Though I'm thinking of applying for Grizedale or County :redface: Close to looking at Furness though (On the visit day I heard the college bar is good for real ales so... :wink: )

Haha, well I will definitely see you in Maths lectures at some point! Grizedale looks really good too but I just really liked the sound of Furness and Bowland. I really wish there was somewhere that told me what the students thought of the colleges as opposed to the university itself, but hey.

Original post by kdlair
Hey
Where are you thinking of doing your study abroad?

Well I'm torn, really. Part of me wants to come back to the USA (I love it here... just love it), but then I also want to try something new, so Australia is also an option. I don't think I'd go for Canada, but I haven't ruled it out. With the universities available for maths, I may end up going to Australia, but if things change and other unis are available, I might go there :smile:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I really wish there was somewhere that told me what the students thought of the colleges as opposed to the university itself, but hey.

:wavey:

Want me to answer any questions? I'll remove all personal bias from the answers :smile:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Haha, well I will definitely see you in Maths lectures at some point! Grizedale looks really good too but I just really liked the sound of Furness and Bowland. I really wish there was somewhere that told me what the students thought of the colleges as opposed to the university itself, but hey.

Yup - as long as I bring up the motivation to actually do my Physics coursework :') otherwise there's no way I'll get the grades :wink:

Yeah - I ended choosing based on the types of rooms they had. I suppose you could ask people here - or on the live webchats they sometimes run, I don't know if they have any scheduled at the moment but I've had two emails about them so far :smile:
What options have you managed to whittle it down to? :smile: Ehhh sometimes - an ale after an exam that you revised hard for definitely makes you feel like you've earned it, but I guess it depends in what context you mean "earn" and "the good stuff" :smile:

Grizedale and County - mainly because of the accommodation options. I was assuming you could only get into the Graduate college bar if you were doing a postgraduate degree? I might be making a false assumption though :') And 'the good stuff' = a nice dark ale in this case :smile:
Original post by thedreamer1996
Grizedale and County - mainly because of the accommodation options. I was assuming you could only get into the Graduate college bar if you were doing a postgraduate degree? I might be making a false assumption though :') And 'the good stuff' = a nice dark ale in this case :smile:

I'm guessing you're looking at a Townhouse, right? :smile:

And nooooo, that really isn't the case - you can go into any of the colleges irrespective of your degree! Plus if you're the legal drinking age, you can order alcohol! :smile:
Reply 316
Firmed for Msc finance. I am curious about how many people will study Msc finance this yr and what are their Backgrounds. I posted some threads asking if anyone will study Msc finance this yr, in some Chinese forums, but no one replied. So Until now I havn't find any Chinese "future classmates".
Will anyone be my classmate? Are u willing to tell me your background?(country, grades, gender, hobbies or anything)
Original post by JS bach
Firmed for Msc finance. I am curious about how many people will study Msc finance this yr and what are their Backgrounds. I posted some threads asking if anyone will study Msc finance this yr, in some Chinese forums, but no one replied. So Until now I havn't find any Chinese "future classmates".
Will anyone be my classmate? Are u willing to tell me your background?(country, grades, gender, hobbies or anything)

This thread is mostly for Undergraduate degree freshers - have you tried creating your own thread in the Postgraduate study forum :smile:
Reply 318
Original post by Tim TIC
No essays?

Are you certain? I'm doing an access course in chemistry and biology and we've had a fair few essays. They tend to gear access courses towards what's expected at uni and so far we've had essays, posters, presentations, practicals followed by reports and exams.

The only idea of 'essay' I have is the stereotypical English/History one's, I can't see there being that type in physics, but I could be wrong, I don't know exactly what work we'll get after all.
Original post by kdlair
The only idea of 'essay' I have is the stereotypical English/History one's, I can't see there being that type in physics, but I could be wrong, I don't know exactly what work we'll get after all.

I believe in Physics you'll have some IAA's which will require some reports - that's what I understand from my flatmate who does physics when he mentions 4000 word reports

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending