The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Anyone here going to be studying Medical Science? :)

Hi! Just had an unconditional offer to do Medical Science at Bangor - anyone else doing the same course? :smile:
Got a conditional offer WHOOP WHOOP.Have you been to any of the open days ?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by TheGeneral95
Got a conditional offer WHOOP WHOOP.Have you been to any of the open days ?

Hurray! :biggrin: I have not - but both me and my sister have been to the university before doing other things. :smile: Have you?
I'm going to be studying Biomedical Science at Bangor. Not Med Science but very, very similar!
Original post by MamaKida
Hurray! :biggrin: I have not - but both me and my sister have been to the university before doing other things. :smile: Have you?

No,planning on going to the accommodation tour on Saturday though.
Will Medical science be your second degree then?
What are the grade requirements for Biomed ?
What are the grade requirements for Biomed ?

I'm doing an access course and Bangor asked me to get merits in a couple of biochem units and to pass the maths units.
Ah, whats the maths like ?
You gonna be staying in halls ?
I'll admit that I'm pretty terrible at maths so I have probably struggled more than most would. Its nothing too taxing though.

I don't want to stay in halls...But if push comes to shove then I guess I will have to.
Reply 9
No,planning on going to the accommodation tour on Saturday though.
Will Medical science be your second degree then?

No, first - I´ve toured the university before, and stayed there when I used to play football for my school. :smile:
Reply 10
Hi! Just had an unconditional offer to do Medical Science at Bangor - anyone else doing the same course? :smile:

hi there! I had received an unconditional offer too from Bangor-Medical Science. I will start in September.
Reply 11
Original post by Julia129
hi there! I had received an unconditional offer too from Bangor-Medical Science. I will start in September.

Woot. :biggrin: So glad to see other medsciers around. :3
So why did you guys choose Medical science?
Reply 13
So why did you guys choose Medical science?

I chose Medical Science because although I was certain I wanted to go on a medical career path, I wasn't certain if I wanted to veer towards research or towards being a nurse/doctor. I had applied to be a midwife before, but I got offered Medical Science instead, which might've been a blessing in disguise. :smile:
I wasn't certain if I wanted to veer towards research or towards being a nurse/doctor.

Ye I also chose medical science because of that but I've decided research ain't for me and I,m probably gonna take a gap year or do BMEDSCI then hopefully medicine.

I had applied to be a midwife before, but I got offered Medical Science instead, which might've been a blessing in disguise. :smile:

Wow:eek: how does that work?

Quick Reply

Latest