The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone! A few subject pages on FB have popped up today, so to make it easier for those of you who aren't in the Firmers group there (which you should be! :wink:), I'll link them here:

Aeronautical Engineering: facebook.com/groups/278273799000101/

Engineering (all disciplines): facebook.com/groups/1426223020960681/

English has been linked already above.

Geology: facebook.com/groups/1393938447552435/

Medicine: facebook.com/groups/214795262063504/

Physics: facebook.com/groups/293705264125748/

And Vet Science (though by the looks of it you're all already on there): facebook.com/groups/211476025711478/

Hope that's helpful to someone! Best of luck with the exams :smile:

(cross-posted to the Firmers thread)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1441
Any Economics and Mathematics students here???
Original post by RickyB
Formed bristol for cs and maths! Anyone on here I may be meeting next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet! just firmed for CS and electronics
Reply 1443
Original post by AnharM
Any Economics and Mathematics students here???

Yeah, I've applied for Economics and Maths.
For anyone firming/thinking of firming Bristol for psychology, I've made a facebook group and it would be cool for you to join:smile: ;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/667840106586341/

:smile:
I have firmed Occupational Therapy :smile: woohoooooo
Reply 1446
Original post by annmcc
Are there any other Philosophy offer holders? :smile:

I'm studying Philosophy here, so if you firmed it and are wondering anything about first year course etc I'd be happy to answer you or anyone else (major procrastination for philosophy final happening in my room right now, you see!)

Reply 1447
Original post by lou_100
I'm studying Philosophy here, so if you firmed it and are wondering anything about first year course etc I'd be happy to answer you or anyone else (major procrastination for philosophy final happening in my room right now, you see!)

Thank you but I firmed Durham :smile:
Those firming Bristol... Have you decided what accommodation you're applying for? Stoke Bishop seems best because it's where most students will be, but I'm also aware that it's quite a way out of the city centre?
Original post by panda95
Those firming Bristol... Have you decided what accommodation you're applying for? Stoke Bishop seems best because it's where most students will be, but I'm also aware that it's quite a way out of the city centre?

It's not that far, 15mins by bus / taxi. I just think the atmosphere is worth it :smile:

1. HB self catered
2. HB catered
3. Whatever of the ones left.

What are you thinking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panda95

Technically most students will be around town in Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1451
Anybody doing RUSSIAN here?
Original post by panda95

I liked the look of Richmond terrace

Posted from TSR Mobile
anybody commuting to bristol uni?
Original post by FlyHigh_er
It's not that far, 15mins by bus / taxi. I just think the atmosphere is worth it :smile:

1. HB self catered
2. HB catered
3. Whatever of the ones left.

What are you thinking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I spoke to someone at the applicant day and he advised Stoke Bishop - I guess taxis home after nights out won't be too expensive if people share :smile:
Erm, I think...
1. Durdham Hall
2. HB self catered (really don't want catered accommodation)
3. Whatever's left, same as you haha

What subject you applied for?
Original post by gabisargent
Technically most students will be around town in Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile

As in more students will be in city centre accommodation than Stoke Bishop? The Colston Street accommodation looks quite nice, but then the city centre accommodation I walked past doesn't seem to be in the nicest of areas, so Stoke Bishop seems a safer bet...
Original post by panda95
Yeah, I spoke to someone at the applicant day and he advised Stoke Bishop - I guess taxis home after nights out won't be too expensive if people share :smile:
Erm, I think...
1. Durdham Hall
2. HB self catered (really don't want catered accommodation)
3. Whatever's left, same as you haha

What subject you applied for?

Geology, you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panda95
As in more students will be in city centre accommodation than Stoke Bishop? The Colston Street accommodation looks quite nice, but then the city centre accommodation I walked past doesn't seem to be in the nicest of areas, so Stoke Bishop seems a safer bet...

If you looked at unite stuff they deffo don't look good haha, goldney,Richmond etc are all in nice areas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlyHigh_er

Ah, I have loads of Geologist friends at college haha. I've applied for history :smile:
Original post by gabisargent
If you looked at unite stuff they deffo don't look good haha, goldney,Richmond etc are all in nice areas

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't see the Unite stuff tbf, I just walked past Waverley House and something else when I went to the post-offer applicant day the other month - one of them is built over a car park haha. Think I'll just go with my gut and put Durdham Hall as my first choice, it was between that and Colston Street :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending