The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Applicants Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student992
Cool that's a good set of offers.What are ur stats in terms of as levels, predictions, gcses ?? Did u get interviewed? When did u receive ur offer?

Yes I have applied for law at soas.

Well, got AAAC in my as levels, predicted A*AA, no interview, got my offer about a month ago.
Are you still wating?
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Well, got AAAC in my as levels, predicted A*AA, no interview, got my offer about a month ago.
Are you still wating?

Still waiting. Is soas your first choice?
Still waiting. Is soas your first choice?

Nope, insurance. But I'd equally like to go there as well as my firms.
Nope, insurance. But I'd equally like to go there as well as my firms.

Nice. Is QMUL firstt choice? How come you didn't go for the liked of ucl/lse/kings or at least one of them? Ur results were good enough??

to be honest, it seems unbelievable that with those as grades and predictions you applied to places like city, Brunel and Kent! Why did u do so? Just interesting to find out.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nice. Is QMUL firstt choice? How come you didn't go for the liked of ucl/lse/kings or at least one of them? Ur results were good enough??

to be honest, it seems unbelievable that with those as grades and predictions you applied to places like city, Brunel and Kent! Why did u do so? Just interesting to find out.

Yep, its my firm. My GCSES were mediocre in comparison, so I didn't want to take the risks to be honest.
Yep, its my firm. My GCSES were mediocre in comparison, so I didn't want to take the risks to be honest.

Fair enough but in hindsight putting one of the top 10 wouldn't have hurt with 5 choices. Oh well two amazing offers anyway so well done
Fair enough but in hindsight putting one of the top 10 wouldn't have hurt with 5 choices. Oh well two amazing offers anyway so well done

QMUL ranked 6th, but you are right. It's something I regret- but thank you and good luck with yours! Where else have you applied?
Any one going for M.Sc Finance and Development?
Reply 328
why do SOAS want for law?!?
Reply 329
Original post by Julaa34
I got an unconditional offer for Chinese Studies! Anyone else? :smile:

I got a conditional offer. still have to take toefl early May. Which major r u:wink:
Reply 330
Original post by Julaa34
I got an unconditional offer for Chinese Studies! Anyone else? :smile:

Chinese-Korean here :smile: I'll probably see you on some of the classes!
Reply 331
Original post by ge_yang
I got a conditional offer. still have to take toefl early May. Which major r u:wink:

You guys (+Julaa34) doing the BA or MA? And only singles or do you have also a language or something else?
Applied for Social Anthropology and Japanese a few days ago via UCAS Extra!
(after declining 3 unconditional offers elsewhere...I'm an idiot).
Slightly on edge considering if they say no, I'll be kind of screwed for this year.
Any other Anthropology or Japanese applicants here? :smile:
those who firmed getting random phone calls and post cards?
for the 100th time anybody got an offer for law?
Reply 335
Original post by Zuki
those who firmed getting random phone calls and post cards?

Phone calls and emails. Hahah :smile: I kinda like it tho, to me it means they care and want us to vent all of our questions and concerns...
Just firmed unconditional offer for Japanese. BOOM です!
Original post by Fan service
Just firmed unconditional offer for Japanese. BOOM です!

Congrats!
Is anybody gonna be doing Korean? I got a conditional offer and firmed SOAS with Sheffield as my backup! I've done my accommodation applications for both as well! ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 339
Original post by ebony589
Is anybody gonna be doing Korean? I got a conditional offer and firmed SOAS with Sheffield as my backup! I've done my accommodation applications for both as well! ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chinese-Korean here :smile: i had Sheffield as a backup too, but my final exams results were luckily good enough for SOAS:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending