The Student Room Group

HIstory of Art in Cambridge or Oxford

Struggling to chose between...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation. History of Art is a relatively new subject in Oxford, but not in Cambridge; I don't know if this makes a difference. I'll probably go for Oxford as I think I'd enjoy the atmosphere much more there.
Reply 2
Original post by laureison
I'm in the same situation. History of Art is a relatively new subject in Oxford, but not in Cambridge; I don't know if this makes a difference. I'll probably go for Oxford as I think I'd enjoy the atmosphere much more there.

Same, i think ill apply for oxford because i like their course more, Cambridge's course is great as well, but Oxford has a non-western and modern compulsory in the second year of the degree. Do you do art history at school?
Good Luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Grace19970131
Same, i think ill apply for oxford because i like their course more, Cambridge's course is great as well, but Oxford has a non-western and modern compulsory in the second year of the degree. Do you do art history at school?
Good Luck!

Yes I do, do you? what other universities are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 4
Yes I do, do you? what other universities are you applying to? :smile:

Yes , I do as well :smile: but since I'm currently studying in New Zealand right now, I think Ill apply for universities in Australia, as well as Oxford, probably CSM, maybe UCL just to have a go :smile:
What college do you think you'll apply for
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Yes , I do as well :smile: but since I'm currently studying in New Zealand right now, I think Ill apply for universities in Australia, as well as Oxford, probably CSM, maybe UCL just to have a go :smile:
What college do you think you'll apply for

Sounds good, great choices! I'm applying to UCL aswell, maybe Bristol, and I don't know where else... Does CSM offer History of Art?
Sounds good, great choices! I'm applying to UCL aswell, maybe Bristol, and I don't know where else... Does CSM offer History of Art?

Nope, CSM does fashion journalism though :smile:
My art history teacher did tell me to look up courtauld institute of art, apparently its a school thats all about art history, apparently :smile:
Reply 7
Nope, CSM does fashion journalism though :smile:
My art history teacher did tell me to look up courtauld institute of art, apparently its a school thats all about art history, apparently :smile:

Yes I know the Courtauld Institute, it is a great university indeed, very competitive though!
Yes I know the Courtauld Institute, it is a great university indeed, very competitive though!

True, but Oxford is really really competitive anyway! But I think its always worth trying :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending