The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2013 Applicants (2014 start)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Does anyone know if the uni swim team go on tourr? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by hl7495
Does anyone know if the uni swim team go on tourr? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been looking to see if the netball team go on tour! I think the basketball do so hopefully they all do? I'm not sure though :frown:
Reply 1502
Original post by Jessicafogz
I've been looking to see if the netball team go on tour! I think the basketball do so hopefully they all do? I'm not sure though :frown:

I saw a tweet if a distanr friend which mentioned tour so i was hoping so! Think im getting a bit ahead of myself but would absolutely love to be involved
Original post by hl7495
I saw a tweet if a distanr friend which mentioned tour so i was hoping so! Think im getting a bit ahead of myself but would absolutely love to be involved

Yeah same it looks amazing, I think with the whole excitement of uni I just want to find out things haha
Original post by TheSGO
No problem! Yup, I've done my application, it's Henry Price for me! (fingers crossed...) Hope so, if you see a short red-head looking slightly lost in September, that'll be me :smile:

hahaha i think most people will be lost in September! :biggrin: see you there!!
Reply 1505
Original post by #_Inspiration
hahaha i think most people will be lost in September! :biggrin: see you there!!

Oh good, I'll fit right in! :wink: Can't wait! :biggrin:
i'm having a complete change of mind about my insurance choice, i dont wanna go there at all any more! praying i get into leeds because its my first choice and i absolutely love it, but if i dont, do i have to go to my insurance or can i either go through clearing or resit my a level and apply next year??
Reply 1507
Original post by emmymarie
i'm having a complete change of mind about my insurance choice, i dont wanna go there at all any more! praying i get into leeds because its my first choice and i absolutely love it, but if i dont, do i have to go to my insurance or can i either go through clearing or resit my a level and apply next year??

You will have to ask your insurance choice to withdraw the offer i think if you want to go through clesring! You can withdraw your application though and then reapply in the next cycle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
From what my school has said, once you achieve the grades,that’s where you are accepted for. If you are 100% sure that you don’t want togo there, call UCAS and ask to remove it. If you don’t meet the grades forLeeds on results day, you’ll then be put into clearing and you’d have theoption to not choose a uni and re-take next year if you prefer but you will probablyhave to reapply :s

Hope that’s answered your question and everything works outwell :biggrin:

Original post by Bekahj
Can anyone suggest which would be the best halls for self catered, shared bathroom accomodation? Think I might choose between Lupton and Montague Burton, if anyone could give some advice it would be very helpful :smile:

Big sis was at Lupton so I can tell you about that. Its not as nice looking as some of the other halls, and its a little small BUT it does the basics fine and I personally think (as does my sister) its value for money. Its no worse than other cheap halls I've seen at other unis, and the toilet ratio is decent imo (1 bathroom to 4/5 people)
It's about a half an hour walk to the campus, but its around £1 for a bus to campus (one way) and £2 to the station/city if you don't like walking :tongue: In terms of going to the city, there are night buses to Headingley up to like 3AM but taxis are pretty cheap if you team up anyway despite the extra distance (sister says if she gets a taxi for 6 its like £1-2, cheaper than the bus)
Plus its right next to a Sainsburys (as well as other places like KFC), and they're opening a Morrisons right next to it too so its not going to be a trek to do your shopping. And being in Headingley, its near lots of other pubs/bars etc. the Otley Run's in Headingley! as well as restaurants and things too.
Also worth noting my sister gets on very well with her flatmates and another flat and they often have like group dinners/parties or something, so it seems pretty social despite not having a common room or whatever. Maybe just a little more effort to knock on people's doors and something lol.
I can't think of anything else lol, I guess it depends on your personal taste i.e how far you're prepared to commute, if you want a a big room/bed etc.

I know nothing on MB except for its much closer to the campus, but more expensive. So I hope this helps
Reply 1510
Does anyone have any advice on how to make the most of freshers and meet the most people? Would love to mingle between flat parties and get to know everyone from different flats etc but i wouldnt want to upset my flat mates would like to be close with them too any advice pleas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1511
Finally took the plunge and insurance-d Leeds for Geography... though my firm requirements are looking very difficult at the moment, so Leeds is important for me! :love:
Now to make an accommodation choice...
Reply 1512
Original post by brendonbackflip
Big sis was at Lupton so I can tell you about that. Its not as nice looking as some of the other halls, and its a little small BUT it does the basics fine and I personally think (as does my sister) its value for money. Its no worse than other cheap halls I've seen at other unis, and the toilet ratio is decent imo (1 bathroom to 4/5 people)
It's about a half an hour walk to the campus, but its around £1 for a bus to campus (one way) and £2 to the station/city if you don't like walking :tongue: In terms of going to the city, there are night buses to Headingley up to like 3AM but taxis are pretty cheap if you team up anyway despite the extra distance (sister says if she gets a taxi for 6 its like £1-2, cheaper than the bus)
Plus its right next to a Sainsburys (as well as other places like KFC), and they're opening a Morrisons right next to it too so its not going to be a trek to do your shopping. And being in Headingley, its near lots of other pubs/bars etc. the Otley Run's in Headingley! as well as restaurants and things too.
Also worth noting my sister gets on very well with her flatmates and another flat and they often have like group dinners/parties or something, so it seems pretty social despite not having a common room or whatever. Maybe just a little more effort to knock on people's doors and something lol.
I can't think of anything else lol, I guess it depends on your personal taste i.e how far you're prepared to commute, if you want a a big room/bed etc.

I know nothing on MB except for its much closer to the campus, but more expensive. So I hope this helps

Thank you that really does help. Think I will choose Lupton as I'm not that fussed about fancy accomodation :smile:
Original post by BWCW
Finally took the plunge and insurance-d Leeds for Geography... though my firm requirements are looking very difficult at the moment, so Leeds is important for me! :love:
Now to make an accommodation choice...

what geography course have you put as your insurance?
Reply 1514
Original post by gabriellakenton
what geography course have you put as your insurance?

Leeds. :wink:
Cambridge is my firm. :eek:
Are you a geographer?
Original post by BWCW
Leeds. :wink:
Cambridge is my firm. :eek:
Are you a geographer?

Yeah! I've applied for BA Geography with Transport Planning :smile:

As much as Cambridge is a very good uni, I absolutely love Leeds and can't wait to start!
Reply 1516
Yeah! I've applied for BA Geography with Transport Planning :smile:

As much as Cambridge is a very good uni, I absolutely love Leeds and can't wait to start!

Awesome! I'm on the BSc but I'd probably turn up to some of your modules. :colone:

Yeah, I'm so unconfident about Cambridge I'm basically getting excited about Leeds as if it were my firm... What is your insurance?

What did you pick for accommodation? :smile:
Reply 1517
Anyone who has visited Leeds, what's the campus like? Is it nice/friendly/green? Is there a proper campus feel?
Also anyone who's been to the geography department what's that like? Is it friendly? Are the lectures student focussed? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1518
anyone else firmed geog? I've applied for henry price too :biggrin:

Have you visited the geography department? What was it like? Does it seem friendly and student focussed? :smile:
Reply 1519
LLB Law :wink: Going to check out some student accommodation on Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest