The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield hallam entry grades

I just confirmed Sheffield Hallam as my firm choice of uni to study Psychology. I was offered conditional on the terms of 300 points which I believe is BBB. I'm set to get maybe CCC or CCB. Do you guys think I will get offered a place in the summer or is it out of reach? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Totally depends on how everyone else achieves. Say 100 people apply and only 70 meet the exact requirements you may still get in but if 90 get the grades you may not be so lucky. Did they ask for a certain grade in A-Level Psychology? or any other subject? If they did that will be the most important thing to get a higher grade in.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
They said a C in psychology atleast! I believe hallam is a popular university which would lower my chances even more? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Kayleigh090
I just confirmed Sheffield Hallam as my firm choice of uni to study Psychology. I was offered conditional on the terms of 300 points which I believe is BBB. I'm set to get maybe CCC or CCB. Do you guys think I will get offered a place in the summer or is it out of reach? :smile:

I'm just finishing my psychology degree at Hallam, and doing my masters here in a related course.
I'm not sure, but I think you can message the applications person and see what she thinks, which I think is Caroline Hanson? But I'm not sure.
Reply 4
Original post by hellodave5
I'm just finishing my psychology degree at Hallam, and doing my masters here in a related course.
I'm not sure, but I think you can message the applications person and see what she thinks, which I think is Caroline Hanson? But I'm not sure.

I recently attended the applicant day where I was informed that if I don't meet the offer it depends on other peoples results. I just wondered if psychology is a popular course at hallam, the more people applying the less of a chance I have I guess
I recently attended the applicant day where I was informed that if I don't meet the offer it depends on other peoples results. I just wondered if psychology is a popular course at hallam, the more people applying the less of a chance I have I guess

I'm really not sure, relative to other courses. Although there are a lot that do it, id say around 230 of us at undergraduate level.
I hope you do get in, its a good course - great tutors and atmosphere :smile:. Why don't you feel you will make the grades?
Reply 6
I'm really not sure, relative to other courses. Although there are a lot that do it, id say around 230 of us at undergraduate level.
I hope you do get in, its a good course - great tutors and atmosphere :smile:. Why don't you feel you will make the grades?

I love what I have seen if hallam so far and Sheffield seems such a lovely place, I'd be guttered if I never got accepted! And because of mock results :frown: plus I take English which I'm really struggling with which I think will let me down!
I love what I have seen if hallam so far and Sheffield seems such a lovely place, I'd be guttered if I never got accepted! And because of mock results :frown: plus I take English which I'm really struggling with which I think will let me down!

Aw, well best of luck. Yeah, its really awesome - much more so than at the city campus.

If you don't get it this year, you can always take up some stuff to make up for the lost ucas points in a year out. Lots do a gap year anyway, so not really any loss.
Reply 8
Aw, well best of luck. Yeah, its really awesome - much more so than at the city campus.

If you don't get it this year, you can always take up some stuff to make up for the lost ucas points in a year out. Lots do a gap year anyway, so not really any loss.

Thank you!
I need 280 for my course, but I think I'm only going to get about 240. Do you think I will get in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending