The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

University of Exeter Cornwall Campus

If anyone plans to go to Exeter Cornwall campus, or goes there already, can you give me an insight about life in Penryn? Like, what is there to do in the day/at night? Is it better than a city uni? Need help deciding!
Reply 1
Original post by karlieevans
If anyone plans to go to Exeter Cornwall campus, or goes there already, can you give me an insight about life in Penryn? Like, what is there to do in the day/at night? Is it better than a city uni? Need help deciding!

Did you go to the open day? I went and I'm hoping to start History & Politics this September. I got the impression that the Cornwall campus is somewhat quieter than usual campuses with a close, friendly atmosphere. I also learned that there really is quite a lot to do because of the beaches nearby, there's a good amount of outdoor activities available like abseiling, surfing, boating etc which sounds interesting and different. Unis in the city would offer a more clubby vibe whereas this campus is more 'pubby' lol.It doesn't really concern me because I'm not too fussed about clubs but I've read that it's just as good and its alot of fun. What unis are you deciding between?
(edited 10 years ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by zedaa
Did you go to the open day? I went and I'm hoping to start History & Politics this September. I got the impression that the Cornwall campus is somewhat quieter than usual campuses with a close, friendly atmosphere. I also learned that there really is quite a lot to do because of the beaches nearby, there's a good amount of outdoor activities available like abseiling, surfing, boating etc which sounds interesting and different. Unis in the city would offer a more clubby vibe whereas this campus is more 'pubby' lol.It doesn't really concern me because I'm not too fussed about clubs but I've read that it's just as good and its alot of fun. What unis are you deciding between?

I went to the February open day but only got there towards the end, I missed most of it, 6 hour drive haha! So I didn't really get a proper feel for it and got a bit panicky because I rushed everything into 2 hours :tongue: I'm not really interested in clubs either so it doesn't bother me a lot. Cardiff Plymouth and Exeter Cornwall, I've got a place for English and the course does look really interesting :smile: what about you? thanks for your help!
Reply 3
I went to the February open day but only got there towards the end, I missed most of it, 6 hour drive haha! So I didn't really get a proper feel for it and got a bit panicky because I rushed everything into 2 hours :tongue: I'm not really interested in clubs either so it doesn't bother me a lot. Cardiff Plymouth and Exeter Cornwall, I've got a place for English and the course does look really interesting :smile: what about you? thanks for your help!

Same! It was a five hour drive and we got there pretty late-ish, I felt that I rushed most of it too or didn't use my time wisely etc. but idk i just felt good about it, the place was so unique, the lecturers seemed lovely and it was such a change of scenery from concrete london. I'm doing history and politics and the course was miles better than any other course I saw at universities elsewhere. I don't know much about english, but I have heard that Exeter is higher than Oxford in the league tables for english aha! The course is what sold me and I'm super excited for September!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by zedaa
Same! It was a five hour drive and we got there pretty late-ish, I felt that I rushed most of it too or didn't use my time wisely etc. but idk i just felt good about it, the place was so unique, the lecturers seemed lovely and it was such a change of scenery from concrete london. I'm doing history and politics and the course was miles better than any other course I saw at universities elsewhere. I don't know much about english, but I have heard that Exeter is higher than Oxford in the league tables aha! The course is what sold me and I'm super excited for September!

Haha I'm from Essex, we were just running round the accommodation and trying to get back in time for the subject talks and there just wasn't enough time! But everyone was so friendly, especially the poor girl who ended up giving me a tour when she was meant to be finished! My lecturers were so lovely, and the views are amazing :smile: yeah the course is amazing it's what's making it my favourite at the moment, getting excited :biggrin:
Reply 5
Haha I'm from Essex, we were just running round the accommodation and trying to get back in time for the subject talks and there just wasn't enough time! But everyone was so friendly, especially the poor girl who ended up giving me a tour when she was meant to be finished! My lecturers were so lovely, and the views are amazing :smile: yeah the course is amazing it's what's making it my favourite at the moment, getting excited :biggrin:

I'm from Essex too! The drive there and back was craaazy but we did it lol. I was thinking to go again in June, by then it would be too late but idk, as a trial run perhaps! It's a great university at the end of the day, excellent reputation and oh, the beach is on your door step which will b pretty awesome
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi guys,

I have nearly finished my first year doing zoology at the Cornwall campus :smile: When it comes to the night life, don't expect it to be like a city because you will be very disappointed. However, there are still places to go out and have a good time. We have regular parties at the Stannary (the student bar/venue) which are really fun and much better than other student union parties! There are also pubs in Penryn and Falmouth which offer a more relaxed scene. In Falmouth, the main club is Club I, which can't really be explained with words, you just have to go and make your mind up to whether or not it's your thing... There are some other places including Spoons and a cocktail bar :smile:

Overall, you can still have a great time when you go out, and Plymouth is only a train journey away :smile: hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending