The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Any current, past or new Swiss students? Need help ^^

Hello,

I am a Swiss student and was wondering if there were any other Swiss students. I was wondering what fee status you were put under? Some of the unis I applied to put me under EU fees but Lancaster has put me under overseas fees which I do not understand since we are part of the EEA and wanted to see if that had happened to others.

Thanks for your help!!!
Reply 1
Hi,

I am a Swiss student too and received 2 offers with overseas fees, and 2 with home fees. According to one of them, Switzerland has the same rights as EEA countries, so we should pay home fees. I don't know why I was put under overseas fees, but if you want to go to Lancaster you should ask them or look for more information on why you should pay overseas fees to this university.

hope this helps
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,
I am a Swiss student too and I have received offers, 2 for overseas fees and 2 for home fees. According to one of these, Switzerland has the same rights as EEA countries so normally we should have home fees. I don't know why two of them put me under overseas fees, but if you want to go to Lancaster for instance, I would ask them or look for more information on why they said overseas fees.
Reply 3
Original post by lily2213
Hi,

I am a Swiss student too and received 2 offers with overseas fees, and 2 with home fees. According to one of them, Switzerland has the same rights as EEA countries, so we should pay home fees. I don't know why I was put under overseas fees, but if you want to go to Lancaster you should ask them or look for more information on why you should pay overseas fees to this university.

hope this helps

Thank you very much for your answer =) I have been trying to contact them but have not had much success for the moment. May I ask which 2 universities decided that you can pay home fees?
Reply 4
Hey, I am a Swiss student too and plan to study for a master's degree in UK.
The relevant guidelines for EU/Home or Overseas Fees for us would be these UKCISA guidelines: Child of a Swiss national

If you have a Swiss father and if you are going to live in the UK before the first day of the first academic year of the course (look it up - often before the actual course start date) then you should be eligible for theHome/EU-Fees.
So talk to the admission office, there must be a misunderstanding.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by timothy26
Hey, I am a Swiss student too and plan to study for a master's degree in UK.
The relevant guidelines for EU/Home or Overseas Fees for us would be these UKCISA guidelines: Child of a Swiss national

If you have a Swiss father and if you are going to live in the UK before the first day of the first academic year of the course (look it up - often before the actual course start date) then you should be eligible for theHome/EU-Fees.
So talk to the admission office, there must be a misunderstanding.

I have and establishing residency before the first day of term and defining it is extremely complicated....I am resigned to paying the overseas fees saddly...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending