The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield: Which Accommodation is best?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tezzag
Don't forget tesco which is by the train station

Posted from TSR Mobile

is there a lot of pakistanis at hudd uni?
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by cooldude17
yh it does, I applied for ICT. im like the only guy on the forums who applied for this course. what about u?
I going to an applicant day soon in feb

Hi, [soon to be] second year ICT. Which ICT course?
Reply 42
Original post by HamSarnie
Hi, [soon to be] second year ICT. Which ICT course?

im doing the first year information communication technology
Reply 43
Original post by cooldude17
im doing the first year information communication technology

I'm doing the information systems course.
Original post by DeenOverDunya
yaaaay
Does hudd uni have lots of Pakistanis plz reply ASAP
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does hudd uni hv lots of Pakistanis plz reply ASAP
:smile:
Hi is anyone studying graphic design and/or staying at the castings this sept?:smile:
Original post by jumanahnessa
Hi is anyone studying graphic design and/or staying at the castings this sept?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Huddersfield is my insurance and looks like I will be going here. I haven't looked or chose any accommodation yet. Is it too late or can I still apply and which one do you recommend?

Thanks!
Hi! Its my firm just depends on grades and I haven't booked accommodation yet either. I don't think its too late because theres still some left and rooms will become available after results bc not everyone will get the grades :smile:
Out of snow island, saw mill, aspley and the castings (which are the ones I was looking at) I'd def say the castings is the best, they're exactly like the pictures and its brand new and cheaper than the other for what you actually get! Hope that helped :smile:)
Storthes is too far. Wouldn't recommend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will be studying IT also. As for accommodation I would suggest snow island. I have had friends who have just left the uni saying snow island has that community feel the others just dont. I moved in there a few weeks ago and already I have made friends with flat mates and staff alike

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! Its my firm just depends on grades and I haven't booked accommodation yet either. I don't think its too late because theres still some left and rooms will become available after results bc not everyone will get the grades :smile:
Out of snow island, saw mill, aspley and the castings (which are the ones I was looking at) I'd def say the castings is the best, they're exactly like the pictures and its brand new and cheaper than the other for what you actually get! Hope that helped :smile:)

Ohh that's good then! Don't want to go there and not have a place to stay at lol and yeah on results day if I do get into Huddersfield I shall have a look around for accommodations:smile: It probably will be one close to the university so that I don't have to travel much:smile:

Is castings close to the university?
I was thinking the same tbh, hopefully there will be spaces left. And yes its about av5 main walk to the uni :smile:
Going into my second year after spending my first year at Storthes.

It isn't the prettiest of places and yes it is annoying having to get the bus in the morning however I would have regretted staying anywhere else.

Recommend on a night out getting the 11pm bus into town as its full of drunken students and can sometimes be the highlight of the night.

Taxi into town from Storthes is £6 if booked with X Taxis, in their contract they MUST drop you off outside reception and not the barrier like they try to do, they also try and charge you an extra £1 to drop you off at reception but refuse and they cave.

Do not go to Camel club it is **** and over prices.
I was thinking the same tbh, hopefully there will be spaces left. And yes its about av5 main walk to the uni :smile:

That's alright then, I probably will go for that one if I don't get into my Firm choice:smile:
Original post by F1Charlie
Going into my second year after spending my first year at Storthes.

It isn't the prettiest of places and yes it is annoying having to get the bus in the morning however I would have regretted staying anywhere else.

Recommend on a night out getting the 11pm bus into town as its full of drunken students and can sometimes be the highlight of the night.

Taxi into town from Storthes is £6 if booked with X Taxis, in their contract they MUST drop you off outside reception and not the barrier like they try to do, they also try and charge you an extra £1 to drop you off at reception but refuse and they cave.

Do not go to Camel club it is **** and over prices.

Just live near the centre and go out in Leeds :wink: Huddersfield IMO is better for pubs and 'ales'. Had some amazing ales round here. Still haven't tried 'Rat and Ratchet'. Some really nice pubs out in countrysidey places like Slaithwaite and Marsden. Huddersfield is garbage for clubs and bars. Few nice bars though, but you get bored of the same 2.

Agree on Camel. Worst club ever. Would never go again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending