The Student Room Group

Will there be any jobs in the future for Plant operators in Oil & Gas sector?

I am currently working as an LNG Plant operator with more than 5 years experience in oil & gas sector and looking for jobs in the same sector Southeast Asian, probably Jakarta Indonesia. If anybody having some idea or someone is related to LNG & Oil & gas sector, please put in your thoughts. Will there be any jobs in the future for Plant operators in Oil & Gas sector? What is the current situation of jobs in Indonesia in LNG or Oil & Gas sector.
Have a look at Westhill Consulting Career & Employment Australia for more tips and advice on oil and gas careers.
Reply 2
Maybe Westhill Consulting isn’t the best choice for it but anyway, try to look at www.seek.com.au for current jobs and that should give you an idea on volume. 1085 in an open search across whole of WA but there looks like a lt of duplication, i.e. the same job being advertised by numerous recruitment companies, and so a bit false total due to that issue. This seems to be a common occurrence across many job sectors here, i.e. not as many jobs as you think and numerous recruitment companies chasing the placement.
Oil & Gas Sector is quite strong here at Jakarta Indonesia at the moment, there were currently no complaints. Plant operators are in demand not only for oil & gas but also for the mining industry and their mill plants.
I also work in the industry - GM of a site in Australia on a nickel project. Previously I was a member of the management team at some of the largest gold mines in Oz.
There are roles out there - but they are thin on the ground and a lot of people chasing them. For example, it is said that there exploration is suffering a lot, and Icertainly know a fair few exploration geologists looking for work at the moment. There are still jobs advertised. Warning! The issue is that there are a huge amount of people applying for them. I was recruiting for a geologist in April. We did not advertise, only dealt with one agency and they were able to supply stacks of CV's. Half a dozen were interviewed - all were unemployed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending