The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RibenaRockstar
Any other second-years worrying about dissertations? I don't even have to start mine til autumn 2015 as I'm going on an Erasmus year, but it's a big chunk of degree for which I have no idea what's expected of me!

Also, I've downloaded the Focus Time app for pomodoros on my phone, it's definitely worth the cash :smile:

I'm just coming to the end of my Erasmus year, and our proposals were due on Monday! Also freaking out about it massively. Speaking from experience, definitely get as much info as you can before you leave and make sure to harass, ahem, keep in touch with your lecturers about it while your away so it doesn't suddenly creep up on you while you're abroad and realise that you've no idea what's going on! :tongue: But it will be fine, I'm sure!

Think the only way I'm going to pass my last exam might be to cry and say 'But I came to all the lectures, I reallytried!' and hope for the best :tongue: I have all the handouts from the classes but the lecturer has also put up a sort of 'scheme of argument' (I have lost the ability to actually speak English, oh my days) thing online for each section of the course, so I'm going to print those out tonight so I have a full set of all possible print outs, and at least I'll be able to see all the stuff I should have learned and know for the exam so I know just how much trouble I'm in come June...
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Okay! For one particular scene I looked up the equivalent scene in the book online and also GRRM personally said something about the scene because half the fandom was in an uproar. :p: So yeah.

I assume you're talking about the Jaime/Cersei bit which was just wtf :confused: It really shouldn't have played out like that :angry:
Original post by Serentonin
I assume you're talking about the Jaime/Cersei bit which was just wtf :confused: It really shouldn't have played out like that :angry:

Yeah, that's the scene I meant. According to GRRM it was also supposed to be consensual in the book (some people have interpreted it as "coerced sex", therefore rape, but more dubios/ambiguous.)
Tbf, I think regardless of how it played out... I still think it's really weird to do THAT right next to.. well.. yeah. :p:
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Any other second-years worrying about dissertations? I don't even have to start mine til autumn 2015 as I'm going on an Erasmus year, but it's a big chunk of degree for which I have no idea what's expected of me!

Also, I've downloaded the Focus Time app for pomodoros on my phone, it's definitely worth the cash :smile:

This was me a month ago :tongue:. TBH I still don't know much about it, despite my proposal being accepted :confused:. I'm hoping that once I meet my supervisor and have a chat, things will seem less scary!

Do you have any ideas for yours? :smile:
I have succumbed to illness today, not long until Easter holidays finish either and I have been procrastinating for over a week, ffs just when I need to start doing some work too.
Got my essay done! :woo:

Going to redraft it on Saturday most likely :yep:
I did 6 hours on mon, 6 on tuesday, and today I read the golden compass and the first hunger games book. yeaaaah that's really gonna help haha.

6 hours tomorrow plz.
Original post by Serentonin
I did 6 hours on mon, 6 on tuesday, and today I read the golden compass and the first hunger games book. yeaaaah that's really gonna help haha.

6 hours tomorrow plz.

:tongue:

At least you're not browsing holidays :moon:
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Yeah, that's the scene I meant. According to GRRM it was also supposed to be consensual in the book (some people have interpreted it as "coerced sex", therefore rape, but more dubios/ambiguous.)
Tbf, I think regardless of how it played out... I still think it's really weird to do THAT right next to.. well.. yeah. :p:

I took it to be consensual in the book tbh, so was a bit surprised when it played out like that! And yeaaah, sexy location for sexy times :colone:
Can't believe I actually woke up at 5.30am and managed to not fall asleep again. oO
My mum's arriving today and my friend is picking me up at 12pm, so I gotta do some studying until then.
Original post by snailsareslimy
This was me a month ago :tongue:. TBH I still don't know much about it, despite my proposal being accepted :confused:. I'm hoping that once I meet my supervisor and have a chat, things will seem less scary!

Do you have any ideas for yours? :smile:

I don't think we have to decide our title til the start of third year.
I think we're expected to carry out some original research - I was considering seeing if there's any relationship between knowledge about the EU and perceptions (positivity/ negativity) of it amongst university students
Got Latin finished yesterday so Old Norse today. Hoping for a productive day :smile:
It says a lot when I've decided to work on my birthday, nevertheless, I'm hoping for quite a productive day!
Original post by MathsNerd1
It says a lot when I've decided to work on my birthday, nevertheless, I'm hoping for quite a productive day!

Happy birthday! :birthday: Don't overwork yourself today, enjoy it too! :biggrin:
Original post by avash27
Happy birthday! :birthday: Don't overwork yourself today, enjoy it too! :biggrin:

Thanks, I shall try but I'm aiming to get a certain amount of work done today regardless of it being my birthday!

Happy birthday! :woo: :party: :woo:
Original post by Slowbro93
Happy birthday! :woo: :party: :woo:

Thanks man! Anyway, I'm off to do some revision now, will probably be back on a bit later tonight.

Happy birthday! :party2:
Wasn't able to go to the library today as I am looking after my poorly dog. Definitely less productive at home, but I am working reasonably. Want to get a good chunk of revision cards written today and go over past paper questions I got wrong.

Will also make use of being at home to print resources for the next couple of days.

Quick question - can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere simply explaining hypothesis testing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right. I need to do a million and one bits of housework, because I know my sister won't!
To do:
- read 4 chapters of Clayden for organic synthesis 1
- answer the questions from lecture 7
- answer the questions at the back of my electrochemistry handout
- START PACKING!

Latest

Trending

Trending