Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purple-duck

Spoiler

Hope you don't mind me jumping in and adding my 5 pence x]

Spoiler

Original post by james1211
Hey guys, just checking in. Had an amazing two weeks for some reason. I've not felt this good for this long in months so i'm praying it lasts.

I hope you are all well.

Glad to hear it, remember that more good days are to come :biggrin:
My piercing is definitely rejecting :frown: it's really sore. Gonna have to go back to where I got it done and see what I should do about it. Ugh nothing ever goes right for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Meaty_man
Hope you don't mind me jumping in and adding my 5 pence x]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Right, now to get some sleep, thank you lots for the help guys :smile: Sorry for the bother - should hopefully feel a bit better in the morning.
Original post by Odd socks
My piercing is definitely rejecting :frown: it's really sore. Gonna have to go back to where I got it done and see what I should do about it. Ugh nothing ever goes right for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My ear had a really nasty dull ache for about 2 weeks after i got it done, so many painkillers >_> What is the metal of the piercing? I'm not very knowledgeable but i know some metals don't sit well with people. I didn't know your body rejecting piercings was a thing :0 :hugs:
Original post by Meaty_man
My ear had a really nasty dull ache for about 2 weeks after i got it done, so many painkillers >_> What is the metal of the piercing? I'm not very knowledgeable but i know some metals don't sit well with people. I didn't know your body rejecting piercings was a thing :0 :hugs:

It's titanium so I don't think it's the metal (I know an allergy to nickel runs in my family) but I think because it's a surface piercing and not like an ear piercing where it goes straight through to the other side they are prone to rejecting in some people :frown:

Gonna go to the shop where I got it done and see what I can do to minimise scarring and whether I'll be able to get it re-pierced in the future

---

Unrelated but funny so I thought I'd share, I just realised my brother's initials almost spell BDSM, except he's got an H instead of an S. I wonder if my parents ever noticed that before :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's titanium so I don't think it's the metal (I know an allergy to nickel runs in my family) but I think because it's a surface piercing and not like an ear piercing where it goes straight through to the other side they are prone to rejecting in some people :frown:

Gonna go to the shop where I got it done and see what I can do to minimise scarring and whether I'll be able to get it re-pierced in the future

---

Unrelated but funny so I thought I'd share, I just realised my brother's initials almost spell BDSM, except he's got an H instead of an S. I wonder if my parents ever noticed that before :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh i see, fair enough! Thought i'd ask though :tongue:

I don't know about you but i feel my parents are innocent compared to me, when it comes to stuff like that anyway xD

---

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once something had started to reject there isn't much you can do except decide how much you're going to fight it by keeping the piercing in. My sister kept some of her rejecting piercings in until they almost fell out of her face and it was icky.

If it does reject then you should be able to get it pierced behind the scar tissue and that should minimise the chance of rejection next time.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Once something had started to reject there isn't much you can do except decide how much you're going to fight it by keeping the piercing in. My sister kept some of her rejecting piercings in until they almost fell out of her face and it was icky.

If it does reject then you should be able to get it pierced behind the scar tissue and that should minimise the chance of rejection next time.

Yeah I've been stubbornly keeping it in and it's not pretty :frown:

Oh that's good, I was worried I wouldn't be able to get it redone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm alive for now. Can remember **** all these few days - they keep drugging me :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6429
Yeah I've been stubbornly keeping it in and it's not pretty :frown:

Oh that's good, I was worried I wouldn't be able to get it redone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had my nose redone in the same place, and thinking of getting it redone again, so should be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6430
Original post by -FireFlies-
I'm alive for now. Can remember **** all these few days - they keep drugging me :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad your ok hun :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
Haha :tongue: Should we organise Rob to deliver some Pizza? :lol:
Possibly :s-smilie: I do feel better in the afternoons, I've found, maybe 12-3ish - so probably better to get early nights. Got a supervision thing fairly early tomorrow - so that'll give me something to do, I suppose :smile:
I think I'll probably go say hey to him, have him round for some tea/to see where I live, and then that might be it :s-smilie: I have revision to (try to :rolleyes:) do, so I can't really hang around for drink-stuff in the evening, anyway, which is sort of lucky :redface: Haven't replied to him yet - this is all based off him sending a text saying "Guess who's coming to Warwick tomorrow?" :colondollar:

Haha, me too! It hasn't helped I've started getting really into Star Wars this holiday... :tongue: :starwars: Hoping it'll be good - went to a stress course they did, which was semi-helpful... Something to do, anyway :smile:

Good! :smile: Yes, lazy evenings are good, apart from the catch up :tongue: :/ Ah that's good :smile: The end is near! Poor you though :frown: :hugs:

I'm just off to bed now, but many :hugs:
Did you get back to Uni okay? :lovehug:

Thanks for the concern :redface: I did get back okay thanks. Hope you are well? :hugs:
Woken up feeling really sick and shaky and horrible this morning :frown: Found out the time of my psych appointment, though I just have a really bad feeling about today
Original post by ScaryScience
Thanks for the concern :redface: I did get back okay thanks. Hope you are well? :hugs:

Good :smile: I'm okay thanks, got a supervision in 15 minutes, so that'll force me outside/to interact :redface:

Woken up feeling really sick and shaky and horrible this morning :frown: Found out the time of my psych appointment, though I just have a really bad feeling about today

:frown: Is it today? Really hope it goes well/she reads up on your notes this time!! :hugs: Hope you feel better soon :sad: :console:
Just got an email - got a counselling appointment next Tuesday! :smile: Day after my exam, which is good :redface:

You can do this:smile: I believe in you!
Thanks :smile: Had a couple already which were semi-helpful, though they seem a while ago now :eek: :redface:

Edit: Appointment pushed back a week, apparently :dontknow:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6437
Original post by .snowflake.
when my anxiety is through the roof. I space out, a LOT. So I assumed you'd get one via DSA,

I do and I do that too haha! Battery on the old Dictaphone's ran out and I can't charge it, computers no longer recognise the device! Too late now next to finals

Dad doesn't seem tk be happy with me maybe using extensions wtf :-/ basically sees it as an excuse. Although i will only use ext as last resort, i cba with having to not disappoint him at this moment in time, too much at stake aargh

Rant :-p you ok dude?
cold is being awful and making my nose and ears play up, on the plus-side I won that TSR daily prize thing so today we got a box of chocolates :biggrin:
Original post by Riku
I do and I do that too haha! Battery on the old Dictaphone's ran out and I can't charge it, computers no longer recognise the device! Too late now next to finals

Dad doesn't seem tk be happy with me maybe using extensions wtf :-/ basically sees it as an excuse. Although i will only use ext as last resort, i cba with having to not disappoint him at this moment in time, too much at stake aargh

Rant :-p you ok dude?

Good days, bad days. Done next to no revision the past few days. Hopefully I'll be motivated to do tonnes when I get back to Sheffield.

Latest