The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by a.p.fx
any news?

Seconding this. I haven't heard anything.
Reply 41
Original post by jm184
I will be calling Marriott Harrison tomorrow afternoon as I've unexpectedly had to leave town for a week on Friday. I'll let you know what they say about when we're expecting to hear back etc! xx

Any news?
Reply 42
They said we will hear back within the next week and it would be via e-mail. It wasn't as helpful as I was hoping!
Reply 43
Has anyone heard from Slaughter and May?
Reply 44
Original post by a.m.burton

Interviewed in December; heard back 6 days after.

When did you interview?
Had my interview 2 days ago. I've heard that they contact successful applicants within 3 days, so I'm getting quite anxious.

I know for a fact that the last interview was yesterday though, so they might be finalising everything now.

Reply 46
Original post by aspiringlawyer92
Had my interview 2 days ago. I've heard that they contact successful applicants within 3 days, so I'm getting quite anxious.

I know for a fact that the last interview was yesterday though, so they might be finalising everything now.

Don't be anxious - I know several people who were contacted 5-7 days after, and who were still offered a place.
Reply 47
Original post by LawYayLaw
Don't be anxious - I know several people who were contacted 5-7 days after, and who were still offered a place.

You guys were right....just received a TC offer from Slaughter and May and Shearman & Sterling! After >16 rejections, hard work and resilience in this industry does actually pay off.
Reply 48
You guys were right....just received a TC offer from Slaughter and May and Shearman & Sterling! After >16 rejections, hard work and resilience in this industry does actually pay off.

Bet you're well chuffed. :smile:
Congrats! That is amazing!!!!!!!! May I know when you interviewed?

Reply 50
Original post by aspiringlawyer92
Congrats! That is amazing!!!!!!!! May I know when you interviewed?

Hey,

I interviewed at S&M on 27 March. Was actually offered the TC a while back, but I missed their phone call, and they didn't say anything. Yesterday I opened up the mail box, and found a training contract lurking in there.
Hey,

I interviewed at S&M on 27 March. Was actually offered the TC a while back, but I missed their phone call, and they didn't say anything. Yesterday I opened up the mail box, and found a training contract lurking in there.

Hi mate, just wondering which university did you go to? Also, what did you study and what were your marks, ECs and work experience like before you got offered a TC?
Reply 52
Original post by cameron600x
Hi mate, just wondering which university did you go to? Also, what did you study and what were your marks, ECs and work experience like before you got offered a TC?

I am not Oxbridge, if that's what you're wondering. I went to SOAS. I studied Finance/International Relations. I had no legal work experiences apart from open days, and graduated with a 1st.
I am not Oxbridge, if that's what you're wondering. I went to SOAS. I studied Finance/International Relations. I had no legal work experiences apart from open days, and graduated with a 1st.

Yes, I was wondering if you were Oxbridge/RG. Congratulations mate!

Well done!

Congratulations!!!
Has anyone had an assessment day with Hogan Lovells in the past few weeks?

I had an invitation to complete the Watson Glaser test a bit more than a month ago but haven't heard since then.

Thanks!
Reply 57
Anyone heard from:
Fasken Martineau
Fox & Williams

Thanks!
Reply 58
Hey all,

Have heard from Marriott Harrison with an invitation to undertake a 10 minute telephone interview in the coming weeks. Has anyone else received similar news? Anyone have any experience or information on the type of things they are likely to ask?

Thanks,
P
Reply 59
Original post by pioski
Hey all,

Have heard from Marriott Harrison with an invitation to undertake a 10 minute telephone interview in the coming weeks. Has anyone else received similar news? Anyone have any experience or information on the type of things they are likely to ask?

Thanks,
P

When did you get your email? I haven't received anything from them. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending