The Student Room Group

Video of Syrian rebels singing about 9/11 and Bin laden

Could we please have a Syria mega thread? It's DISGUSTING people are singing about what happened at 9/11.

[video="youtube_share;vsq5ZRir-0k"]http://youtu.be/vsq5ZRir-0k[/video]

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube_share;8jy_yN-tRT8"]http://youtu.be/8jy_yN-tRT8[/video]

Sunni Muslims in Iran

1. In Iran, sunni's are allowed and permitted to build their own mosques in normal circumstances - there are many sunni mosques.

2. There are over 20 members of parliament who are sunni's.
3. There isn't a single shia member in any high cabinet position in Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, countries which openly forbid shia muslims from openly preaching, and occupying any high posts, and regularly arrest them.

Don't believe the hype spread by those who want sectarian violence, watch this video and decide for your self:

[video="youtube_share;Ue9rdcbzJjc"]http://youtu.be/Ue9rdcbzJjc[/video]

Kuwait, a U.S. ally on Syria, is also the leading funder of extremist rebels

Spoiler

Kuwait, a U.S. ally whose aid to besieged Syrian civilians has been surpassed only by the United States this year, is also the leading source of funding for al-Qaeda-linked terrorists fighting in Syria’s civil war, according to Obama administration officials. The amount of money that has flowed from Kuwaiti individuals and through organized charities to Syrian rebel groups such as Jabhat al-Nusra totals in the hundreds of millions of dollars, according to experts whose estimates are endorsed by the Treasury Department.

Syria crisis: Al-Nusra pledges allegiance to al-Qaeda

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22095099
The leader of the al-Nusra Front, a jihadist group fighting in Syria, has pledged allegiance to the leader of al-Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Abu Mohammed al-Jawlani said the group's behaviour in Syria would not change as a result.
Al-Nusra claims to be have carried out many suicide bombings and guerrilla attacks against state targets.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
Kuwait, a U.S. ally on Syria, is also the leading funder of extremist rebels

Kuwait, a U.S. ally whose aid to besieged Syrian civilians has been surpassed only by the United States this year, is also the leading source of funding for al-Qaeda-linked terrorists fighting in Syria’s civil war, according to Obama administration officials. The amount of money that has flowed from Kuwaiti individuals and through organized charities to Syrian rebel groups such as Jabhat al-Nusra totals in the hundreds of millions of dollars, according to experts whose estimates are endorsed by the Treasury Department.

Funding al-Nusra and al-Qaeda are two completely different things.
Original post by VeniViciVidi
Funding al-Nusra and al-Qaeda are two completely different things.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Article dated in 2013. Since then, we've had an al-Nusra commander killed by members of the al-Qaeda in Iraq and the Sham. They are two distinct groups, fighting for different reasons and their interests are very, very loosely aligned but that is often clouded by their different strategic interests.

Not to mention the internal infighting which means you must really take any pledges of allegiance with a pinch of salt.
Article dated in 2013. Since then, we've had an al-Nusra commander killed by members of the al-Qaeda in Iraq and the Sham. They are two distinct groups, fighting for different reasons and their interests are very, very loosely aligned but that is often clouded by their different strategic interests.

Not to mention the internal infighting which means you must really take any pledges of allegiance with a pinch of salt.

All i know is, Al Nusra themselves have pledged allegience. Whether or not there was infighting between al-nusra and alqaeda allies that led to his death i don't know.

But the war in syria is a chaos, infighting between several groups.

It's just ironic a lot of the 'rebels' aren't even syrian.
Reply 7

I doubt America will be funding Nusra any time soon...

All i know is, Al Nusra themselves have pledged allegience. Whether or not there was infighting between al-nusra and alqaeda allies that led to his death i don't know.

But the war in syria is a chaos, infighting between several groups.

It's just ironic a lot of the 'rebels' aren't even syrian.

Tell me about it. Hezbollah sure aren't Syrian.
Original post by AbuTSR

Your point?
Reply 9
Your point?

I should've quoted your post regarding funding Nusra and Qaeda as 2 different things.

Some insight as to how would be appreciated as to my knowledge it's the same thing.
Original post by AbuTSR

Tell me about it. Hezbollah sure aren't Syrian.

First of all, the Alqaeda backed groups have been infiltrating syria from the beggining. All Hezbollah are doing is making sure Syria does not fall into the hands of Alqaeda, because that will bring terror for all muslims and weaken the stability of the middle east even further.

I don't like Assad, i think he is indeed a dictator, but i don't want alqaeda or alqaeda backed tafkiri groups gaining power.

I want the muslims of Syria to use democracy and have free elections.

But i have a choice, the secular Assad, or the tafkiri alqaeda backed groups, who will i choose?
All the Arabs are the same, so not really surprised by this and to think we considered helping these bast***** at one point. Im no fan of labour but thank god for you left wingers voting against this. Let them destroy each other
Original post by AbuTSR

They'll leave that job to saudi arabia
Reply 13
First of all, the Alqaeda backed groups have been infiltrating syria from the beggining. All Hezbollah are doing is making sure Syria does not fall into the hands of Alqaeda, because that will bring terror for all muslims and weaken the stability of the middle east even further.

I don't like Assad, i think he is indeed a dictator, but i don't want alqaeda or alqaeda backed tafkiri groups gaining power.

I want the muslims of Syria to use democracy and have free elections.

But i have a choice, the secular Assad, or the tafkiri alqaeda backed groups, who will i choose?

They actually came in 2013 and before that it as a revolution. If Assad had stepped down, none of this would've happened. However, now that it has I ask Allah to give the Muslims power over Bashar and his allies.

They'll leave that job to saudi arabia

Lol, do you actually think Al Qaeda are funded by Saudi? Saudi are allied with America so do intrigue me as to how that would work out?
Original post by AbuTSR

Lol, do you actually think Al Qaeda are funded by Saudi? Saudi are allied with America so do intrigue me as to how that would work out?

Launder Saudi government money through a seemingly legitimate exercise, an apartment block being built in Dubai for instance, then funnel the profits from that to an 'investor' in another country, somewhere like Jordan or Egypt, who then diverts it into accounts controlled by AQ. Not saying it's actually happening, and the CIA would catch up with schemes if they were used for too long, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility to do it.
Original post by AbuTSR
They actually came in 2013 and before that it as a revolution. If Assad had stepped down, none of this would've happened. However, now that it has I ask Allah to give the Muslims power over Bashar and his allies.

It is widely known alqaeda and their affiliates were part of this entire attack from the very very beginning. Assad is as much as a dictator as the saud , or the bahrain and co. All are dictators.

You need to be very careful who you are praying for - alqaeda backed groups who are killing syrians? Do you genuinly think tafkiri's and alqaeda affiliates will make syria a better place?

In Egypt, they over-threw the government of Mubarak without this sort of war. Why? Because the US and Saud didn't need to dislodge Syria into chaos, install an Iran/Lebanon hating government to isolate Iran.

There are many ways Assad would have been taken down by the will of the people and forced into democracy, but Alqaeda and their affiliates invaded from the get go.

The lesser of two evils is Assad, who i would prefer over Alqaeda anyday. The ideal? Muslims - not alqaeda, using democracy to vote.

People need to realize when Israel and the US have a common enemy, it can't be good.

Wikileaks: Saudis 'chief funders of al-Qaeda'

Private individuals in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states friendly to the United States are the chief source of funding for al-Qaeda, the Taliban and other terrorist groups, according to leaked US diplomatic cables.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8182847/Wikileaks-Saudis-chief-funders-of-al-Qaeda.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Le Nombre
Launder Saudi government money through a seemingly legitimate exercise, an apartment block being built in Dubai for instance, then funnel the profits from that to an 'investor' in another country, somewhere like Jordan or Egypt, who then diverts it into accounts controlled by AQ. Not saying it's actually happening, and the CIA would catch up with schemes if they were used for too long, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility to do it.

It wouldn't work for two reasons. Number one being that a Saudi has no interest in backing a group who wants to oust them. Number two is that I'm sure you're aware of the infighting that's been happening over the past few months. If it was found that Al Qaeda were given Saudi weapons to fight other Muslim groups, it would be clear who's in the wrong. You also have groups like AQAP and Al Shabab who would reconsider the allegiance they gave to Al Qaeda.

It is widely known alqaeda and their affiliates were part of this entire attack from the very very beginning. Assad is as much as a dictator as the saud , or the bahrain and co. All are dictators.

You need to be very careful who you are praying for - alqaeda backed groups who are killing syrians? Do you genuinly think tafkiri's and alqaeda affiliates will make syria a better place?

In Egypt, they over-threw the government of Mubarak without this sort of war. Why? Because the US and Saud didn't need to dislodge Syria into chaos, install an Iran/Lebanon hating government to isolate Iran.

There are many ways Assad would have been taken down by the will of the people and forced into democracy, but Alqaeda and their affiliates invaded from the get go.

The lesser of two evils is Assad, who i would prefer over Alqaeda anyday. The ideal? Muslims - not alqaeda, using democracy to vote.

People need to realize when Israel and the US have a common enemy, it can't be good.

Wikileaks: Saudis 'chief funders of al-Qaeda'

Private individuals in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states friendly to the United States are the chief source of funding for al-Qaeda, the Taliban and other terrorist groups, according to leaked US diplomatic cables.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8182847/Wikileaks-Saudis-chief-funders-of-al-Qaeda.html

I'll skip the ramblings of the first part of your post and go to 'people need to realise...'. You're aware this common enemy is ISIL (who are now real close to entering Baghdad).

The situation in Syria quickly went from help the rebels to Assad is the lesser of two evils.

As for the last bit, of course private donors fund them. I'm referring to officials supporting / funding them. It makes no sense that Saudi are funding a group who fights them.
I think we all know that there is not a good side to support in this war.

America would be doing more good to get rid of Assad AND the rebels and occupy the country, but of course it will never do that because it is against its ideology (which is good, really) and we've learnt pessimistic lessons from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Reply 18
Original post by felamaslen
I think we all know that there is not a good side to support in this war.

America would be doing more good to get rid of Assad AND the rebels and occupy the country, but of course it will never do that because it is against its ideology (which is good, really) and we've learnt pessimistic lessons from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Go back to 2007 and America were fighting to take insurgents out of Fallujah. We're now in 2014 and they've regained Fallujah and are heading towards Baghdad.

I'm not particularly sure America would want to invade another country at the moment.
Original post by AbuTSR
Go back to 2007 and America were fighting to take insurgents out of Fallujah. We're now in 2014 and they've regained Fallujah and are heading towards Baghdad.

I'm not particularly sure America would want to invade another country at the moment.

Look, i just need to say it's not a sunni shia thing. Just trust me on this. Iran sticks out it's neck for palestine.

This is political. The only reason hezbollah are in there is 'not to saughter' sunni's. It's because they don't want Alqaeda gaining power, they don't want the route from Iran to leabanon cut off thus empowering israel to try to invade lebanon/ isolate Iran. Alqaeda backed groups cause havock in Iraq(and arent in government), imagine if thy actually took control over a country as powerful as SYRIA.

Assad is truly a dictator, but the alqaeda groups will honestly bring great chaos and harm.

You need to try and help diffuse the situation in Syria, stop the blood shed, get alqaeda out. Then work on allowing the syrian people to vote like they did in egypt.- which was a shambles but better than what's going on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending